Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #16
mgrace79
Mouseketeer

We ended up spending more time at the Tetons and Yellowstone than originally planned. I second don't cut
mgrace79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #17
JeffB13
Earning My Ears

We went to Yellowstone in 2010 and had a great time. I agree with the campout cookout. We took the wagons instead of the horseback and it was fun, but bring bug spray for sure as we got eaten alive on the way back!!!

Now we were more interested in the wildlife so take this with a grain of salt... The first day you are there, I would do the yellow bus sightseeing tour. Your guide will drive you around and show you where all the prime wildlife viewing is that week. We were amazed as we saw black and grizzly bears, moose, and wolves all during the bus tour. It was so beneficial when exploring on our own later in the week. Most of our time was spent in the northeast quadrant of the park as that is where the majority of the wildlife is. And make sure you bring good binoculars and maybe even a spotting scope. There is a place in the NE where all the wolf watchers will congregate and you can see the wolves up on the hillside. We even saw several cubs which was super cool. We stayed at the Canyon lodge for the four nights we were there and while we were ready to move on to the Tetons and Jackson, within a few days, we wished we were back in Yellowstone.
JeffB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: