Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #106
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat77 View Post
I must have been your cell mate and coworker. I do almost as much laundry, my sista. The sheets are on a weekly rotation but otherwise I'm right there with you... including the blankets and two towels for showering.
Woo Hoo! At least I know I am not alone! lol! I like to wash the pillows too. Do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
Don't forget to cover which direction to hang the toilet paper. From the front or from the back? That can cause some strange discussions.

I assume that you do not work outside the home. That is something I would think would be quite a burden to someone that wasn't home all day. But what do I know. And one question...how the heck do you afford your water/electric/gas bill? Seems like that would get pretty expensive.
I do not work outside the home at this time but I do volunteer quite a bit and combine that with running all over with activities I don't actually spend tons of time hanging around. I start laundry very early in the day. I do agree that if I was at work 9-5 it might be a little difficult but still doable. I have the laundry timing down to a science. I have a super efficient washer so the water bills are relatively small. The oil bill has always been ridiculous no matter how much or how little laundry we do. It just is what it is. Nothing really makes it go down substantially. Sad but true.
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #107
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95 View Post
I cant understand the "touched your privates" angle.

It is CLEAN. IT is your OWN body..

You won't get STD if you use that towel the next day..

It is amazing how repressed folks can be.. Oh that towel was near my #^^$^, it must be scorned and burned at the stake.. Ok or at least thrown away and burned in hot water..

Come on people..
Who is even implying such a thing? There are plenty of clean things, it doesn't mean I want to rub them on my face. You also shed skin cells etc. when you dry off and I want a clean towel all the time. I am not a towel reuser.
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #108
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

I reuse my towel 2-3 times before washing. I use it after showering, showering gets you clean, I don't see the big deal.

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Sparkly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #109
Trek Girl
Mouseketeer

I'm in the camp that only uses my towels once before washing them. It's how I grew up. When I was an undergrad, I would use them for a week before washing, but that was only because I had to use my dorm's laundromat, and I was trying to save money and time. Now that I have my own washer and dryer, it's fresh towels everyday for me and DH. We usually do laundry about twice a week to keep the hamper from overflowing. As for pajamas, we don't wear those, and we try to change the sheets every week (but sometimes life gets in the way and we don't get around to it until the second week).

There's no wrong or right answer for this one, as it's all about personal preference. In my case, there's no reason for me to have to reuse my towels, so I don't.
Trek Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #110
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek Girl View Post
I'm in the camp that only uses my towels once before washing them. It's how I grew up. When I was an undergrad, I would use them for a week before washing, but that was only because I had to use my dorm's laundromat, and I was trying to save money and time. Now that I have my own washer and dryer, it's fresh towels everyday for me and DH. We usually do laundry about twice a week to keep the hamper from overflowing. As for pajamas, we don't wear those, and we try to change the sheets every week (but sometimes life gets in the way and we don't get around to it until the second week).

There's no wrong or right answer for this one, as it's all about personal preference. In my case, there's no reason for me to have to reuse my towels, so I don't.
ok so clean towels, but you sleep naked on the same sheets for a week
disneyfans95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #111
Pooh Girl 71
Good looking, half naked men and choreagraphed violence....what's not to love?
Biting back is the only thing that I have ever seen work
the presidents must all be facing forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95 View Post
I cant understand the "touched your privates" angle.

It is CLEAN. IT is your OWN body..

You won't get STD if you use that towel the next day..

It is amazing how repressed folks can be.. Oh that towel was near my #^^$^, it must be scorned and burned at the stake.. Ok or at least thrown away and burned in hot water..

Come on people..
My goodness, no one was going that far! No one said a word about STD's. Over dramatic much?
Pooh Girl 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #112
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterPanic View Post
I assume that you do not work outside the home. That is something I would think would be quite a burden to someone that wasn't home all day. But what do I know. And one question...how the heck do you afford your water/electric/gas bill? Seems like that would get pretty expensive.
Not the quoted poster but I will share my routine.
Load washer before bed.
Wake up, transfer load to dryer, reload washer.
Afternoon/Evening- unload/reload dryer, kids help fold and put away laundry. Throw in third load, if needed.
I do not work outside the home, but my routine is pretty basic and would be possible if I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Woo Hoo! At least I know I am not alone! lol! I like to wash the pillows too. Do you?
Yep. I wash everything. If it can not survive the machine, we do not need it.
Simmons foam pillows do not lump, if anyone is looking for a good washable pillow.

(I have a horrible dust allergy. That may factor into my laundry ocd a tiny bit. I do enjoy the ability to breathe easily )
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #113
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek Girl View Post

How about helping out the environment?
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #114
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

I use 2 towels daily, 1 for my super long hair (waist length) and 1 for my body, I reuse them before I wash them.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #115
4luv2cdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
I don't, but I might start. I buy us new pillows all the time and it get's expensive. We like fluffy new pillows here! I never really thought of washing them. Do they come out flat and lumpy?

While my household has 18-20 loads of laundry per week, I am not the one doing it all so I just gotta say...
11/2009 - CBR - back again for Thanksgiving! ~ 3/2011 - POP - Spring Break ~ 11/2013 - POR - Thanksgiving - Who's coming with us?!
4luv2cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #116
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefrench View Post
We use ours for a week. Having said that....

I use two towels - one is for my face/head/hair only. The other one for my body. I'm not even sure why, but that's how I like it!
Us too on both counts.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #117
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4luv2cdisney View Post
I don't, but I might start. I buy us new pillows all the time and it get's expensive. We like fluffy new pillows here! I never really thought of washing them. Do they come out flat and lumpy?

While my household has 18-20 loads of laundry per week, I am not the one doing it all so I just gotta say...
I have to ask -- how many family members that you have 18-20 loads of laundry a week?

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:48 PM   #118
TinkerBelled
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
I have to ask -- how many family members that you have 18-20 loads of laundry a week?
Heavens! That's so, so much water used every year. With the most water-conservationist washer you can buy, that's well over 25,000 gallons a year; with a conventional washer, it's over 40,000. I'm not a rabid environmentalist, but I couldn't justify using that much water unless I had a family of ten.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #119
ilovejack02
what do you all think?

New towel for each bath for sure in summer, in coldest of winter we MIGHT use it twice. I live in South Louisiana , the humidity and heat is insane here. .Towels smell bad quickly , even with AC on , which I turn up during day if we aren't here. Sheets are washed about every 3 days in master , I like new fresh sheets. DS10's sheets get washed every cpl of weeks , which sounds funny but he sleeps on top of quilt and under a really soft thin blanket . Blanket is washed every 3 or 4 days as he drags it all over the house. Dog sleeps with us , which is the reason I wash so much , she gets washed every four days too lol.

Pillows are washed every two weeks, yes they come out fluffy and I replace yearly .

Hubby sweats alot at work during summer so sometimes no matter what we couldn't reuse his towels, no amount of soap in the world will totally erase 100 degree stink : ) . I do at least 1 or 2 loads of laundry a day , with 3 people , 3 dogs and 1 cat in house. If it isn't people clothing, it is dog beds or doggie bath towels etc.
ilovejack02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #120
KateDinVA
Earning My Ears

I use a towel for a few days to a week (usually, until I wrap my hair in it and come downstairs, as opposed to toweling off and throwing it over the rail), with a fresh washcloth for each shower. I prefer thin towels, too (where 10-12 fit in a load!)

My DH uses a fresh towel for each shower (sometimes twice a day) and prefers the thick, plush, large bath sheets that only fit about 5-7 a load But... he does help out a LOT with laundry, so I go with it.

DD1 has to take two clear-water baths a day, and use a fresh towel for each. I use very small towels for her as she is small, and not washing her hair :-)
KateDinVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: