Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:27 PM   #91
deedeecee
Mouseketeer

Very little re-using of bath towels here. Our super absorbent towels do not dry very well between showers and I cannot stand to use a towel that is even the slightest bit damp.
Not very eco-friendly, I know.
deedeecee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #92
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

my kids do not re-use theirs. DH and i re-use ours 2-3 times.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 08:43 PM   #93
Mouse House Mama
Luckiest Mommy in the World!!!
Hello-Buddy the Elf what's your favorite color?!
I wonder if they make pullups for adults
I was not the farter- I was the fartee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Girl 71 View Post
I don't know why I read threads like this as they totally ick me out.

I use 2 towels per shower. ! towel is used for my hair only. I hang that up and re use it the next time for my body. The body towel is NOT going to be re used ever. Yes, my body is clean when I get out of the shower but I am also drying certain parts of my body as well. Same reason as I get a fresh pair of panties daily.As for sheets, I actually change sheets 2-3 times a week.
I agree. I do not ever use a towel twice. Blech. I use 2 towels every shower. One for my hair and one for my body. I am not drying my face with a towel that dried my butt no matter how clean it is after a shower. We all (7 of us) use clean towels for every shower. I change sheets a few times a week and also wash the blankets. Fresh pjs every night as well. Yes I have a lot of laundry but I don't mind. I also change the hand towel in the bathroom a few times a day. I hate using a damp towel. I hate the way it feels and it makes me think of germs.

Even if I didn't want a clean towel every shower, where on earth would I hang all those towels up so they actually dry? My house would look like a towel sale at Macys.
Thanks be to God for this indescribable gift....
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Mouse House Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:07 PM   #94
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama

I agree. I do not ever use a towel twice. Blech. I use 2 towels every shower. One for my hair and one for my body. I am not drying my face with a towel that dried my butt no matter how clean it is after a shower.

Even if I didn't want a clean towel every shower, where on earth would I hang all those towels up so they actually dry? My house would look like a towel sale at Macys.
Ha! I totally get it, but oh the laundry!
Where do you hang the towels to dry before you wash them? Or do you do a load every day? I live in Fl and I can't imagine letting a week's worth of towels sit in a hamper until laundry day. I must be missing part of the equation.
Dream 4-night Bahamas Halloween 2012
Fantasy 7-night Western 9/12
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #95
Mouse House Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
Ha! I totally get it, but oh the laundry!
Where do you hang the towels to dry before you wash them? Or do you do a load every day? I live in Fl and I can't imagine letting a week's worth of towels sit in a hamper until laundry day. I must be missing part of the equation.
Nothing sits all week here. Laundry is done every single day. I do multiple loads a day. Usually 3-5 loads. I swear I must have worked laundry in a women's prison in a past life.
WL Sept. 2004,Poly June 2005,Poly April 2006 with Grandma & Grandpa, Pop Aug. 2006, WL Dec. 2006, FW Cabins Feb. 2007,AllStar Music Jan. 2008, Poly Aug. 2008,Yacht Club Aug. 2009, Poly Aug. 2009, Pop Aug. 2011, Pop May 2012, All Star Music June 2013, Bonnet Creek July 2013
Old 01-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #96
charming23
DIS Veteran

I have two sets of towels I use and they get washed once a week.

I change sheets once a week and wash blankets every other week.

Pajamas get worn for 3-4 days in the winter and once in the summer.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #97
leebee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemk76 View Post
Reuse

Hang up to dry. We have our own location so we know which is our towel. I use two. One is for my hair and face and the other for my body.

If the did not dry between showers we would not reuse them.
We are the same. Everyone has his/her own towel and hangs it up, flat, to dry so it's ready for tomorrow. I can't say how long we use them for- a week or two? DRY "dirty" towels (face cloths, hand towels) go in the towel hamper- nothing wet allowed in there. I wash the towels when the hamper is full. I can't justify the impact on the environment (or my oil bill) that washing towels that are used once would create.

ETA: I am astounded by the number of loads of laundry some of you are doing! It would make me crazier than I already am!!! When DD was home, we did 3 loads of laundry a week: Socks & underwear (also sweats, jammies, DD's dance clothes- which is 5-8 leos and tights, not trivial, etc), shirts/sweaters, and pants/other. We do sheets and towels about once a month; towels are used however long, maybe 2 weeks, and sheets get changed maybe every other week, only DH uses a face cloth (and he hangs it to dry, so maybe 2 a week?), and kitchen towels- only 2 that get changed when needed, like maybe every other week? so for 3 of us that's an additional load or 2 every 4 weeks. I just cannot imagine doing multiple loads of laundry every day! When do you find the time- or the patience?

Last edited by leebee; 01-07-2013 at 09:58 PM.
leebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #98
Gumbo4x4
Note to the ladies who forgot to check - we don't mind. Signed, "The guys"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvguy View Post
Washed once a week. Shower every day. I'm clean everytime I use it.
Same
Old 01-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #99
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

We use our at least 3 times..

Why the heck not? the water is clean that you dry off with..

They air dry before we shower again the next morning.

What would washing do for it??

/facepalm
disneyfans95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #100
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh Girl 71 View Post
I don't know why I read threads like this as they totally ick me out.

I use 2 towels per shower. ! towel is used for my hair only. I hang that up and re use it the next time for my body. The body towel is NOT going to be re used ever. Yes, my body is clean when I get out of the shower but I am also drying certain parts of my body as well. Same reason as I get a fresh pair of panties daily.

As for sheets, I actually change sheets 2-3 times a week.
ok sorry but for the 2 seconds you run a towel over your privates you compare that to 12 hours in your panties??

Come on.. lets be real
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #101
Mouse House Mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfans95 View Post
ok sorry but for the 2 seconds you run a towel over your privates you compare that to 12 hours in your panties??

Come on.. lets be real
2 seconds? Um, I wash those parts better than that and I dry them as well. Still, I would not dry my face with any towel that has dried my parts no matter how clean. YMMV.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #102
Kat77
Now if I could just remember how to spell and how not to write in run on sentences....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
Nothing sits all week here. Laundry is done every single day. I do multiple loads a day. Usually 3-5 loads. I swear I must have worked laundry in a women's prison in a past life.
I must have been your cell mate and coworker. I do almost as much laundry, my sista. The sheets are on a weekly rotation but otherwise I'm right there with you... including the blankets and two towels for showering.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #103
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julylady View Post
Clean towel after every shower or bath. I was raised this way along with my siblings. My sister in law was raised to use a towel for a week before laundering. According to my bro, this was one of the biggest issues they had when they first married. They joke that when their kids date,the first they should ask is not about religious orientation, but about towel practices to insure compatibility.
Don't forget to cover which direction to hang the toilet paper. From the front or from the back? That can cause some strange discussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse House Mama View Post
I assume that you do not work outside the home. That is something I would think would be quite a burden to someone that wasn't home all day. But what do I know. And one question...how the heck do you afford your water/electric/gas bill? Seems like that would get pretty expensive.
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #104
mom2val
Can't wait to go back

Dh and I reuse our towels 2 showers. Dd does not because of the fact that the towel touched her privates. Sheets and blankets are every 2 weeks in winter and once a week in summer. I have just recently started wearing my jeans more than one time and then washing.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #105
disneyfans95
DIS Veteran

I cant understand the "touched your privates" angle.

It is CLEAN. IT is your OWN body..

You won't get STD if you use that towel the next day..

It is amazing how repressed folks can be.. Oh that towel was near my #^^$^, it must be scorned and burned at the stake.. Ok or at least thrown away and burned in hot water..

Come on people..

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: