Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 08:24 PM   #46
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd25wife View Post
I've had people ask where I'm from because I'm have a southern accent. But, I've never had anyone ask what street I live on whether I was at the doctor, or on a plane, or anywhere.
Good for you. I have on the city bus and train.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #47
Lynne M

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Good point but the reason this thread was stared was because these same people are calling me a snob for reading the entire bus ride or listing to music depending who is on board
I bet you a lot of people on the bus you ride are reading or wearing headphones. And no, it's not rude or snobby, not at all. There's no obligation to talk to anyone, if you don't want to.

Public transportation is a little different environment, people seem to like to keep to themselves. They're either tired 'cause it's morning, thinking about what they need to be doing at work that day, or it's the end of a long, stressful day and they just want to be alone with their thoughts for a little while.

I know when I used to ride the train a lot, it seemed like most people were reading newspapers, reading a book, doing work, napping, or lost in their thoughts. If friends were riding together, they'd be chatting, but everyone else was quiet.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
Disney LOVE Travel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbellandeeyor View Post
Good point but the reason this thread was stared was because these same people are calling me a snob for reading the entire bus ride or listing to music depending who is on board
I think that's ridiculous. You don't owe those people anything. I think eye contact and a polite smile are sufficient. If you're in the mood to start a conversation, you will. If not, it shouldn't matter to them. Sorry you have to deal with that on your daily commute!! Good luck and listen to my old friends at Fraggle Rock: "Dance your cares away. Worry's for another day. Let the music play."

mom to two ridiculously awesome boys, Luca (3) and Max (20m); and devoted wifey to

Disney LOVE Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #49
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney LOVE Travel

I think that's ridiculous. You don't owe those people anything. I think eye contact and a polite smile are sufficient. If you're in the mood to start a conversation, you will. If not, it shouldn't matter to them. Sorry you have to deal with that on your daily commute!! Good luck and listen to my old friends at Fraggle Rock: "Dance your cares away. Worry's for another day. Let the music play."
I used to love that show and good point and I have nothing to gain from them so I need to stop caring what they think
Old 01-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #50
pookybean
Mouseketeer

when i have to take the bus/subway i have my headphones on and sing jiggle around a little. i figure i will be the weirdo so the weirdos leave me alone!

me, ds 17, dd12, dd4
pookybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #51
PeterPanic
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookybean View Post
when i have to take the bus/subway i have my headphones on and sing jiggle around a little. i figure i will be the weirdo so the weirdos leave me alone!
Good plan!
PeterPanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #52
tinkerbellandeeyor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookybean
I agree
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #53
goofyintoronto
Proud foot flusher
I really wanted to like it, but I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookybean
LMAO! That's awesome. So funny. Lol!

........."Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor, mantengase alejado de las puertas".........

AUGUST "2013" DINING REVIEW / AUGUST "2012" DINING REVIEW
goofyintoronto is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: