Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
EMHDad
DIS Veteran

Worship Conference

I am attending a worship conference in September at the Contemporary. It will be from the Tues. after Labor Day-Friday Evening. I am planning on flying down Mon & coming back Sat. I am sad that my family cannot go. We dont want to take the boys out of school and the cost would be a lot. I wouldnt be free most of the time anyhow. Besides, we are taking a joint Disney family vacation in Feb '14 with son's godparents and our godkids. Anyway, said to be by myself, but still excited to do a conference at Disney.

Anyone else go to a conference by yourself at Disney? How was it? What are your thoughts? I am excited to stay for the first time at the contemporary. $154 a night. WOW! I am sure I am going to do things like ride the monorail at 8am and on lunch breaks just to do it. I will prob hit MK some between workshops and worship. Anyway, curious about other conference attendees experiences and excited.

Check it out. Leave A Comment. Hope it helps you to have a Magical Day!

*7/2009 - Offsite 7 Day Disney Vacation: First Family Disney Vacation (DS3yo, DW 8 months pregnant)
*9/2010 - Offsite 3 Day Disney Vacation (DS4yo, DS1yo)
*10/2011 - MNSSHP: One night of Disney (DS5yo, DS2yo)
*6/2012 - Offsite 8 Day Disney Vacation (DS5yo, DS2yo)

EMHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF DISNEY LOVER
Mom to 2 beautiful young ladies
SIGNS TO OLDIES ON THE RADIO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post
I am attending a worship conference in September at the Contemporary. It will be from the Tues. after Labor Day-Friday Evening. I am planning on flying down Mon & coming back Sat. I am sad that my family cannot go. We dont want to take the boys out of school and the cost would be a lot. I wouldnt be free most of the time anyhow. Besides, we are taking a joint Disney family vacation in Feb '14 with son's godparents and our godkids. Anyway, said to be by myself, but still excited to do a conference at Disney.

Anyone else go to a conference by yourself at Disney? How was it? What are your thoughts? I am excited to stay for the first time at the contemporary. $154 a night. WOW! I am sure I am going to do things like ride the monorail at 8am and on lunch breaks just to do it. I will prob hit MK some between workshops and worship. Anyway, curious about other conference attendees experiences and excited.
Isn't Night of Joy that Friday and Saturday night. If so I would definitely try to get tickets for Friday night.
I will be going both nights and I'm excited at the performers.

Talking Hands
|,,|/ DEAF Disney Lover
Talking Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
skater
Change sometimes stinks.. doesn't it?
I love to hear WWII stories

I can't comment on the conference, but a little time alone at Disney can be lots of fun. Especially if you know your kids will be joining you on another trip. Wander around Epcot if you have time. The first time I was alone in Epcot, I went to Storm Struck in Innoventions - we never had time as a family to do it. I ate when I wanted to eat and had a blast people watching.. Enjoy it.
skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
momw/2princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMHDad View Post

So glad you mentioned this conference. It looks great!!! Already planning to go to Catalyst in October, so not sure about 2 so close together. May like this one better since it's geared toward worship. And to be at one of my favorite place... and with Night of Joy. Wow!! That's a win-win!

13 11
momw/2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
Southernmiss
I am hazed everyday

I had the opportunity to go to the Swan and Dolphin for a conference Nov/Dec, but did not go. I couldn't be that close to Disney and not be at Disney all the time. Seriously!!!
Southernmiss is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: