Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #31
mlayton14
Mouseketeer

How exactly do you pay $1400 for 2 verandah staterooms?
mlayton14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #32
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSnell1981 View Post
I stated a one bedroom, how is that misleading? And yes, one bedroom cabins are concierge, so more expensive. I am comparing apples to apples and basing on my recent experiences. But, thank you for your advice.
You didn't state it was a concierge. Wouldn't that make it more expensive than other 1 bedroom cabins that are not concierge? Perhaps, much more so?

BTW, you're welcome. No charge for my free advice.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #33
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
You didn't state it was a concierge. Wouldn't that make it more expensive than other 1 bedroom cabins that are not concierge? Perhaps, much more so?

Mike
All one bedrooms are concierge..

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #34
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmom View Post
All one bedrooms are concierge..
My bad! I didn't realize that. Are they really suites?

Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #35
cypressmom
Love my Disney vacations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
My bad! I didn't realize that. Are they really suites?

Mike
They differ depending on the ship.... Magic/Wonder or Dream/Fantasy. They are over 500 square feet, one or two bedrooms, a refrigerator, sink, dining room.

Disney World, 1986,1995, 2011 & 2014
Disneyland, 2001, 2007, 2010, 2011 & 2013
Disney Cruise Line, 2012 & 2014
cypressmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #36
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypressmom View Post
They differ depending on the ship.... Magic/Wonder or Dream/Fantasy. They are over 500 square feet, one or two bedrooms, a refrigerator, sink, dining room.
Wow! 500 sq is huge for a ship. I was thinking the OP was belly aching about the rate for the 200 - 300 sf cabins that I book on DCL. Thanks for clarifying that.

I wonder how much more expensive these 500 sf "one bedroom" cabins are vs. a 5-person verandah room?

Mike
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #37
Rogillio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
I have cruised both extensively and find the offerings similar IMO. Besides the entertainment where Disney is mostly Disney centric most everything from service to food is equal. I cruise in suites and that is my opinion. Yes Disney is Disney but for the cost IMO the difference does not justify at that level and time of sailing.
Does not justify to you but if you want the Disney experience, there is only one Disney. If you want to see Tarzan and Belle and the Lion King you go to WDW...really doesn't matter what it costs to get in Universal or Busch Gardens.
WDW 4/98, Yellowstone 6/99, 4-day Bahamas DCL 6/00, Washington DC 6/01, WDW 1/02, Scotland 6/02, Alaska 6/03, 7-day Caribbean DCL 6/04, 4-day Bahamas DCL 1/05, WDW 1/05, Universal 3/05, Norway 6/05, NYC Waldorf-Astoria 10/05, Snowshoe, WV 12/05, China Adventure 3/06, WDW 6/06, Copper Mountain, CO 12/06, 11-day DCL Med Cruise 5/07, 4-day Bahamas DCL 10/07, 7 Day NCL cruise - Hawaii 7/08, Door County, WI 7/09, Snowshoe WV, 12/09, 12-day DCL Baltic cruise 6/10, 7-day Caribbean HAL 12/10, WDW 6/11, 5-day Dream NYE 12/11, 7-day Canadian HAL 6/12, 3-day Dream Jan 2013, 4-day Dream Feb 2013, 5-day CCL NOLA, 7 days hiking in the Himilayans, Katmandu, Nepal 5/14 7-day RCCL 7/14
Rogillio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #38
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND

Mike
Why are you even "giving free advice" when you apparently don't know what you're giving advice about?

All one-bedrooms are concierge. And yes, they are one-bedrooms, with a separate living room. You cannot book a one-bedroom on DCL without paying the concierge upcharge. Some people save their money to sail only concierge (no, I'm not one of them) and that is their right without you judging them for it, much less posting information when you haven't done your research.

The change in concierge pricing has been drastic on the new ships without a significant change in service or itinerary, which is why people think it's worth posting about. If you can't be bothered to learn about a topic before posting in a thread as if you already have, just try reading the thread without posting and learn something instead.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #39
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Please play nice folks.
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:07 AM   #40
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY
Mouseketeer

I check the pricing every so often and found a vgt that gave me a discount and child fair for the vgt about 40 days out. didn't work for four people so I had to book 2 they are next to each other on deck 10 4a's are what we got $700 per cabin for 2 . 3 day Dream, like everything you just have to be a little flexible and shop to find the deal, and the kids don't mind missing a day of school.LOL
FLORIDAFUNFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLORIDAFUNFAMILY View Post
I check the pricing every so often and found a vgt that gave me a discount and child fair for the vgt about 40 days out. didn't work for four people so I had to book 2 they are next to each other on deck 10 4a's are what we got $700 per cabin for 2 . 3 day Dream, like everything you just have to be a little flexible and shop to find the deal, and the kids don't mind missing a day of school.LOL
Based on previous years opening day pricing dates, pricing did not go up by that much. But it's possible they adjusted the low season dates...
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #42
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
I have cruised both extensively and find the offerings similar IMO. Besides the entertainment where Disney is mostly Disney centric most everything from service to food is equal. I cruise in suites and that is my opinion. Yes Disney is Disney but for the cost IMO the difference does not justify at that level and time of sailing.
I am afriadd I totally disagree with your position. The facts are Disney Cruise Line offers a very specail type of cruise, and better then most lines.

If you dont feel its worth the money then don't sail DCL.

Apparently others feel the price is proper for the cruise being provided. If they don't the price will come down

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #43
Raspberry Beret
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Why are you even "giving free advice" when you apparently don't know what you're giving advice about?

All one-bedrooms are concierge. And yes, they are one-bedrooms, with a separate living room. You cannot book a one-bedroom on DCL without paying the concierge upcharge. Some people save their money to sail only concierge (no, I'm not one of them) and that is their right without you judging them for it, much less posting information when you haven't done your research.

The change in concierge pricing has been drastic on the new ships without a significant change in service or itinerary, which is why people think it's worth posting about. If you can't be bothered to learn about a topic before posting in a thread as if you already have, just try reading the thread without posting and learn something instead.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #44
barbja99
Mouseketeer

How many other cruise lines can you put 5 in a suite (much less 7)? That's the main reason why we chose DCL.

Almost all of the other lines have equally outrageously expensive suites, but they surely only want to put four or less people in them. What in the heck is up with that??!! The same thing with hotel rooms. You can get an 1800 sqft hotel suite, but it will only sleep four (and sometimes 3).

Me with many hotels: "So, you'd rather I pay $250/nt each for two rooms, than (insert outrageously large number here)/nt and put a roll away in that gigantic suite mam?", "Yes, that's our policy". I'll just find another hotel.

Is there something wrong with my wanting to put all five of our family in one container? Apparently cruise ships and hotels thinks so (except Disney cruise ships and hotels of course, and they are the ones that tend get our money because of it).

Disney Wonder: Alaska, July 2013
barbja99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:50 AM   #45
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

Just to chime in a little. We do have a cruise reserved for Memorial Day week 2013 that we booked on opening day. When the 2014 prices were published, the same week (Memorial Day week 2014) generated a 19% increase in fare cost for us from 2013. Just did not make us jump for it considering it will be going to the exact same ports of call as in 2013.

As some have already mentioned, perhaps a different vacation during the same week might be better.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: