Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #481
cteddiesgirl
Not invisible to the Tag Fairy. :)
My poll probably has more choices
Yep. I'm a real dork

Location: 970 miles from WDW and 2070 miles from DLR in Indy, IN :(

Glad I found this thread. I was thinking about booking a room at ASMu for late Sept - early Oct. Now I'm thinking maybe move to ASMo. I don't know though. Still waiting to see if there will be FD before booking anything.

Fight hate and Promote Tolerance. www.Tolerance.org www.goodbearsoftheworld.org www.pbs.org
WDW in '72 (in the womb), '75, '76, '78,'79,'83,'89 (offsite), '97 CBR, '14 ASMu.
cteddiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #482
PeaMuff
Funky-Looking Reindeer

I called this morning and spoke to a CM, and she confirmed that she still doesn't see any listed refurbs for All Star Music on her calendar. I don't know where the Food Court refurb rumors are coming from.
We are going in September (haven't booked a resort yet, but we were considering this one), and I wanted to confirm if this was going to be an issue.
Just thought I'd pass on the info...
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2014, 04:24 PM   #483
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaMuff View Post
I called this morning and spoke to a CM, and she confirmed that she still doesn't see any listed refurbs for All Star Music on her calendar. I don't know where the Food Court refurb rumors are coming from.
We are going in September (haven't booked a resort yet, but we were considering this one), and I wanted to confirm if this was going to be an issue.
I think the rumors started about the same time they started the rehab of ASSp food court. People just assume that they did it to one of the All-Stars they're going to do it to all of them. They probably will someday but until I see that they filed for the permits and then they actually start the work I'll just treat it as another rumor.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #484
glennsgirl762
My Heart Belongs To Disney!! I Am A Member of The Dopey Five

Question for online check in requests

I have a question about requesting a landscape view. When I did the online check in where it says amenities and requests I checked off highest floor and landscape view. Sorry for being an airhead with my question but will I be charged for a landscape view? I didn't think that requesting a landscape view would be considered a preferred view. Whenever we did the online check in for other stays we never made any requests so I literally have no idea if we will be charged extra for the view. I must have been in a fog all the times I ever book my hotel rooms in the past, considering we've been to Disney World 10 times. I should know how it works by now lol
I honestly don't remember being able to put in requests on the online check in. Thanks for your help.
2001-Tropical Palms 2003-Vistana
2004-CBR 2005-CSR 2006-CBR 2007-POFQ
2010-POR 2012-AKL 2014 ASMu

WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD, WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING!
glennsgirl762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:00 PM   #485
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsgirl762 View Post
Sorry for being an airhead with my question but will I be charged for a landscape view?
No you will not.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:09 PM   #486
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennsgirl762 View Post
I have a question about requesting a landscape view. When I did the online check in where it says amenities and requests I checked off highest floor and landscape view. Sorry for being an airhead with my question but will I be charged for a landscape view? I didn't think that requesting a landscape view would be considered a preferred view. Whenever we did the online check in for other stays we never made any requests so I literally have no idea if we will be charged extra for the view. I must have been in a fog all the times I ever book my hotel rooms in the past, considering we've been to Disney World 10 times. I should know how it works by now lol
I honestly don't remember being able to put in requests on the online check in. Thanks for your help.
I am pretty sure your asking for a room in the back of the building which is quieter. I think in more fancy hotels it is called a garden view and that might be higher depending on the hotel. In ASMU there is no higher charge for the back of the building it is only for the front buildings that they charge more and that would have to be booked before you pay. At Disney if the view cost more they will charge you the higher charge on booking no matter what hotel. So your good to go.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #487
glennsgirl762
My Heart Belongs To Disney!! I Am A Member of The Dopey Five

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
No you will not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by angwill View Post
I am pretty sure your asking for a room in the back of the building which is quieter. I think in more fancy hotels it is called a garden view and that might be higher depending on the hotel. In ASMU there is no higher charge for the back of the building it is only for the front buildings that they charge more and that would have to be booked before you pay. At Disney if the view cost more they will charge you the higher charge on booking no matter what hotel. So your good to go.
Thank you both I appreciate the information!! Looking forward to staying here.
2001-Tropical Palms 2003-Vistana
2004-CBR 2005-CSR 2006-CBR 2007-POFQ
2010-POR 2012-AKL 2014 ASMu

WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD, WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING!
glennsgirl762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #488
OceanStateKelly
Mouseketeer

Just found out yesterday that will be staying in movies come thursday (april 24th) and I was wondering do the rooms now have mini fridges?
thanks.

OceanStateKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 06:08 PM   #489
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanStateKelly View Post
Just found out yesterday that will be staying in movies come thursday (april 24th) and I was wondering do the rooms now have mini fridges?
thanks.
This is the All-Star Music thread ...but yes, all the values now have mini refrigerators in the rooms.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #490
OceanStateKelly
Mouseketeer

opps sorry about that, wish we was staying in music does that make it ok LOL and thanks for the help

OceanStateKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:47 PM   #491
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hi,

We stayed at AS Music Family Suites 3/28-4/5. I asked at the front desk about the refurb of the foodcourt & was told by a manager that it would sometime in the end of July or start of August. (for what that's worth.)
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:58 PM   #492
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Hi,

We stayed at AS Music Family Suites 3/28-4/5. I asked at the front desk about the refurb of the foodcourt & was told by a manager that it would sometime in the end of July or start of August. (for what that's worth.)
That's still peak summer season. It's more likely to be mid to late August when value season starts.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:53 PM   #493
HopperFan
"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess. One of those "circle of life" kind of things."

Quote:
Permits were filed on April 15th and issued on April 17th for "Construction Rehab on Melody Hall Food Court" with a stated end date for permit as January 30, 2015.
2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 for "COMPLIMENTARY" Dining

Making Magical Visits since 1971 ~ now visiting 5-6 weeks per year ON PROPERTY STAYS & Our Star Rating:
Animal Kingdom Lodge 2x ~ Wilderness Lodge
Coronado Springs 8x (1xBusClass) ~ PO Riverside 5x (1xRoyal) ~ Bonnett Creek ~ PO French Quarter
POP Century 15x ~ Hilton DTD 2x ~ Doubletree Suites DTD 3x ~ B Resort
All Star Movie ~ Wilderness Cabins ~ All Star Sports 3x
Caribbean Beach 2x (1xPirate) ~ All Star Music 2x
Lots of offsite, but somehow it never seems right, 'though Rosen Shingle Creek was luxury I could get used to !
HopperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 AM   #494
PeaMuff
Funky-Looking Reindeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopperFan View Post
Permits were filed on April 15th and issued on April 17th for "Construction Rehab on Melody Hall Food Court" with a stated end date for permit as January 30, 2015.
Then I wonder why the CMs wouldn't show the construction on their calendars? It's two that I have talked to now, and they both say they see nothing scheduled.
Either way, I'm not going to take the chance. I do not want to be stuck at a resort without at least a food court available. I think we will just book at Pop. Too bad, because I liked the look of ASMu.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #495
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Then I wonder why the CMs wouldn't show the construction on their calendars? It's two that I have talked to now, and they both say they see nothing scheduled.
Either way, I'm not going to take the chance. I do not want to be stuck at a resort without at least a food court available. I think we will just book at Pop. Too bad, because I liked the look of ASMu.
The phone CMs are almost never up to speed on refurbs. Just for giggles I called once and had them check their "calendar" for any refurbs for POR. She put me on hold to check the "calendar" then came back and said there's nothing listed. We had just returned from POR and they were smack dab in the middle of a year long room refurb.

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: