Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #436
MinnieMSue
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandSx2 View Post
When is everyone going? We leave for All Star Music in a little over a week and I can't wait!!!!!
May 29th-June 3 (then to Universal for 2 nights and to CSR for 4 nights
MinnieMSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #437
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

Feb 20-28th!! Doing the Glass Slipper Challenge!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #438
matt1979
Mouseketeer

How well heated are the pools in the winter? Weather is starting to look a bit cool for our trip at the end of the month. Curious at what point does the air temperature get to the point where its just too cold for swimming? I assume at some point they close the pools completely for cold weather?

Also, regarding shipping. I was on the phone with someone to follow up on a couple of requests, and asked if I needed to give them many heads up regarding shipping a package down. When I told her I already had the address (1801 West Buena Vista Dr) she corrected me and said it was 1601. So I googled and best I can tell the 1601 is for the All-Star resorts as a whole (perhaps the main office?) but the ASMU is indeed 1801. Just want to verify that I should be shipping right to ASMU using the 1801 West Buena Vista Dr address.

Last edited by matt1979; 01-16-2014 at 01:08 PM.
matt1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #439
matt1979
Mouseketeer

bump. anyone home?
Old 01-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #440
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Hello,

We just switched from POR to AS Suites for spring break. I had a few questions.

1- Any word on the foodcourt refurb?

2- Do all rooms have new fridges now?

3-How bad is the bus sharing?

We will be in the family suites & I requested Calypso non pool view. Anyone have a comment on that location?

Thank you!!
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
mommykds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #441
michelle06
DIS Veteran

Ok, just booked 3 nights the first week of June. Moving off property after that.

We have a standard room and likely will hit the parks hard those 3 days and not worried about pool time. We'll do that after we move off property.

Curious what you would suggest for a building/room request. Want to be able sleep during normal nighttime hours without listening to people yelling from food court or pool. We are driving and unsure whether we want to use bus service or not (never stayed on property but like the convenience of coming and going as we please). So, not sure if we want to be near a bus stop, but definitely want a place that's near our car.

I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback as to what requests we may want to make.
Thanks for any input!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:59 AM   #442
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
1- Any word on the foodcourt refurb?

2- Do all rooms have new fridges now?

Nothing has been announced about a food court renovation at Music. I'd guess they probably wouldn't start one so soon after Sports, but that's just my speculation.

It seems like the fridge situation is finally calming down. Hard to claim all rooms are set, but from what I'm seeing the answer is generally more "yes" than "no."

The bus sharing isn't really that bad. During busy periods there are dedicated buses too. I had a private bus from Music to Epcot one morning when bus sharing wasn't in effect.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #443
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer

Quick question! Do the family suites have a toaster? TIA

Me DH DS (8) DS (4) DD (1)

DL 1998, DL 1999, DL 2010, WDW 2013 POP Century, WDW 2014 here we come!!
pittsburghmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #444
3PrincessesAndaFrog
Earning My Ears

Do all the rooms at ASM have entrances from the outside? In other words, you don't enter a building and then enter the room.
3PrincessesAndaFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #445
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PrincessesAndaFrog View Post
Do all the rooms at ASM have entrances from the outside? In other words, you don't enter a building and then enter the room.
Yes, all rooms have outside entrances.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #446
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghmom View Post
Quick question! Do the family suites have a toaster? TIA
Coffee post and microwave, no toaster.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:51 AM   #447
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post

We will be in the family suites & I requested Calypso non pool view. Anyone have a comment on that location?

Thank you!!
Hey!! We stayed in the Family Suites and we had a Calypso non pool view on the ground floor. We face ASSports, although the foliage was mainly blocking any view of the parking lot. We were also on the corner that was closest to the main building, so a very short walk to anything. Although we did have one 'negative' our walk to the buses/main building went right through the smoking section and there were always people smoking in the area. It really wasn't a huge issue, but it is something to be aware of if your family can not handle being around the smoke. Regardless of that we would stay in the same room again. It was an amazing location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1979 View Post
How well heated are the pools in the winter? Weather is starting to look a bit cool for our trip at the end of the month. Curious at what point does the air temperature get to the point where its just too cold for swimming? I assume at some point they close the pools completely for cold weather?
On our first trip we went during a cold snap for Florida I am pretty sure that it was around 60 for the high and people were still in the pool and there was a steam coming off of the water, so I assume that the water was warmer then the air. We only swam once when it was over 70 on one day and we still froze when we left the water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle06 View Post
Curious what you would suggest for a building/room request. Want to be able sleep during normal nighttime hours without listening to people yelling from food court or pool. We are driving and unsure whether we want to use bus service or not (never stayed on property but like the convenience of coming and going as we please). So, not sure if we want to be near a bus stop, but definitely want a place that's near our car.

I would appreciate any suggestions or feedback as to what requests we may want to make.
Thanks for any input!
If you are wanting only near your car and do not care about the main building I would pick Country/Rock/Broadway buildings. Although we were on the back side of the Calypso facing the parking lot and we never heard people yelling from the pool or the food court. So as long as you are facing the parking lot I don't think you would have an issue with any area.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #448
naynheath
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what kind of coffee pots the family suites have? Are they the pod kind or filter kind? I need to know if we can bring our own coffee cause I do love dunkins coffee!
naynheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 07:45 PM   #449
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

pool situation questions I can sort of answer - we're down here now. The past couple of days have had lows in the 30s (freeze warnings) and highs in the 50s/ 60s.

Pool the last 2 nights at AS Music has closed around 6 or 7 pm (last night it was around 6 tonight at 7). Due to the cold. Yesterday nobody was in the pool even when it was open (colder yesterday than today). Today a few brave souls were in there around 5/6 pm. Saw some very cold looking teenaged girls running to their rooms after being in the pool - if you decide to swim you might want to bring clothes / sweats to put on afterwards

Typhoon Lagoon is listed as being closed tomorrow (again assuming due to weather).

It is supposed to warm up over the weekend......

Last 2 trips (September 2013 and November 2013) we arrived to no fridge but asked for one and got one (no problem in Nov took a bit of talking in Sept). This trip arrived and fridge was there - no fan fare so I think all is well in that area.

Also we have new bedding - totally different from the heavy old comforters they used to have (not sure if that has been reported I just drop in on this thread from time to time).

I recommend Broadway 3rd floor as a great place to stay for quiet. We've stayed in all of the buildings except Jazz and none have been loud (not like the stories I could tell you from AS Sports). We have however only stayed in Calypso once and that was not on the side where the pool is)
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 PM   #450
matt1979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
pool situation questions I can sort of answer - we're down here now. The past couple of days have had lows in the 30s (freeze warnings) and highs in the 50s/ 60s.

Pool the last 2 nights at AS Music has closed around 6 or 7 pm (last night it was around 6 tonight at 7). Due to the cold. Yesterday nobody was in the pool even when it was open (colder yesterday than today). Today a few brave souls were in there around 5/6 pm. Saw some very cold looking teenaged girls running to their rooms after being in the pool - if you decide to swim you might want to bring clothes / sweats to put on afterwards

Typhoon Lagoon is listed as being closed tomorrow (again assuming due to weather).

It is supposed to warm up over the weekend......

Last 2 trips (September 2013 and November 2013) we arrived to no fridge but asked for one and got one (no problem in Nov took a bit of talking in Sept). This trip arrived and fridge was there - no fan fare so I think all is well in that area.

Also we have new bedding - totally different from the heavy old comforters they used to have (not sure if that has been reported I just drop in on this thread from time to time).

I recommend Broadway 3rd floor as a great place to stay for quiet. We've stayed in all of the buildings except Jazz and none have been loud (not like the stories I could tell you from AS Sports). We have however only stayed in Calypso once and that was not on the side where the pool is)
Thanks for the pool report. We're arriving next Wednesday. Currently looking like mostly 60's for the trip...but hoping for a day or 2 to get to at least 70. There's kind of a mental block for me...where anything less than 70 is just not pool weather...even with a heated pool. But I suspect the kids will want to test out the waters regardless of the air temperature.

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: