Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #346
MarieLightning
Mouseketeer

We'll be staying at ASMu in 10 days! (Well, at this time of night, closer to 9 days now!) And we're sooo excited about it!

Originally, we were gonna stay at the Pop Century, but doing 11 nights at the ASMu was only 10$ more than doing 10 nights at the Pop, so we figured we'd go for it! We're open to staying at any resorts so switching wasn't a disappointment at all. One of my dreams is actually to stay at every single Disney resort once, so it'll just cross the ASMu off our list!

We'll probably try and ask for a handicap accessible room, though only if they have one to spare that isn't gonna be needed during our stay. We will have a wheelchair and a walker though, so more space in the room by having one bed instead of two would be ideal, not to mention the removable shower head - my wife had a tracheotomy done in June and it's been removed since, but the hole isn't entirely closed yet so we don't want to risk anything. That's really our only request, since they have elevators, so hopefully we'll get it! Though she doesn't want to take it from someone who might need it more so she plans on letting them know that, but still.
MarieLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #347
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieLightning View Post
Originally, we were gonna stay at the Pop Century, but doing 11 nights at the ASMu was only 10$ more than doing 10 nights at the Pop, so we figured we'd go for it! We're open to staying at any resorts so switching wasn't a disappointment at all. One of my dreams is actually to stay at every single Disney resort once, so it'll just cross the ASMu off our list!
The current price-per-night difference (typically $10 a night depending on the dates) between Pop and the All-Stars has caused me to switch from regular Pop reservations to All-Star reservations. You'll have a great time at ASMu.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #348
CornishPixie
Theme Park Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy13 View Post
How were the cheerleaders?? We're going next Jan. at the same time and am considering switching from AoA to ASMu, but I'll happily stay at AoA to avoid cheerleaders!

Sorry...this is for those of you who stayed this past January.
We are staying in the family suites Jan 4-8. We got 35% RO discount and we are super excited to be staying onsite. Is there a Cheerleading competition at that time?
CornishPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #349
Katmat75
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieDoofus View Post
My sister and I stayed at All Star Music last week (Sept 22-27) and I wanted to share our experiences there.
I was a little concerned about the bus situation. I figured since we were going at a slow time we would always be sharing with the other All Stars but it really didn't happen much. We would head to the parks each day at about 8:20 each morning and we did not share once. We shared coming back from DTD at about 11pm, and coming back from HS at about 6:30pm. I only had to stand on 3 trips.
I had read some reviews of the resort on Trip Advisor where people mentioned a 15 minute walk from the back of the resort to the buses. Those people must have been crawling on their hands and knees! We stayed in Broadway and it was no more than a 5 minute walk to the main building and buses.
We did not have a fridge but we weren't expecting one.
The food court was always busy when we walked past (8:15ish in the morning and 9:30ish at night), but there were lots of available tables.
We were at the parks all day so I can't comment on the pools or daytime activities.
I didn't notice any large groups staying there. It was nice and quiet in the Broadway section. We didn't hear a soul.
Overall we had a great stay at ASMu and I would definitely stay there again if I was doing another budget trip. It was a lot prettier in person. There is more greenspace and landscaping than I saw in the pictures pre-trip. I will definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a value resort.
I have to agree with you! We were there 9/24 to 10/1 and the food court was always crowded in the mornings and at nights. But the bus situation was not bad at all. We rarely shared a bus either and I think we stood once our entire trip. Even at DTD it was crowded and a 2nd bus was waiting while the other bus was filling up. We stayed in the jazz building #9 and it was quiet and not a long walk at all!

This was our second time staying here on a budget and we would definitely do it again it need be!

August 1999 - CBR, August 2001 - CBR,August 2003 - AS, August 2004 - CBR, August 2005 - CBR, August 2006 - CBR, Nov/Dec 2006 - SOG, August 2007 - CBR,August 2009 - CBR Offsite August 2010 ASMu September 2012 ASMu September 2013
Katmat75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #350
dreamn_Disney
I am flippin hilarious
I had a look of horror on my face
have decided I am going to just squirt him with dish soap

We will be there Oct. 20 and planned on bringing some snacks and food for breakfast. I thought all rooms had fridges now. read a couple post that people said there was no fridge. Could someone clarify this for me.
"One hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Forest E. Witcraft
dreamn_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:56 AM   #351
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

We are going to try ASMu on our next trip! We have only stayed at POP other than our last trip in September when we upgraded to POR. Found out we are "value" people! We missed them.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #352
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamn_Disney View Post
We will be there Oct. 20 and planned on bringing some snacks and food for breakfast. I thought all rooms had fridges now. read a couple post that people said there was no fridge. Could someone clarify this for me.
We are staying at the All Star Music the end of October. We received a letter from Disney about three weeks ago:

"Refrigerators disconnected in rooms."

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #353
dreamn_Disney
I am flippin hilarious
I had a look of horror on my face
have decided I am going to just squirt him with dish soap

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
We are staying at the All Star Music the end of October. We received a letter from Disney about three weeks ago:

"Refrigerators disconnected in rooms."
Thanks for the info. Will have to rethink my food choices.
"One hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Forest E. Witcraft
dreamn_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #354
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamn_Disney View Post
All rooms have a fridge BUT there were recent safety issues so all fridges have been disconnected. They are in the process of bringing in replacements. The resorts will give you a fridge on request IF one is available...it's a first come, first serve situation.

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #355
hpfan100
DIS Veteran

stayed at ALL star Music this summer

Hi,

I stayed at the Music this summer and enjoyed my stay. It was a quick stay (only 3 nights) and I was solo. I was give a room in building 2 Jazz section on the first floor. It was a wheelchair accessible room which I did not need but I liked having one bed instead of the two little ones. Location to the main hall was good and the room was not as noisy as I thought it would be. I ate at the food court on arrival night and had pizza. It was pretty terrible but I was hungry after a long day of traveling. I found the food court ordering areas to busy but the dining area was less congested. I was always able to get a table or booth to relax at. The soda machines were easy to get to and available right at 6:00 am. I loved the look of the broadway section and wished I had asked for a room there. If I ever go back that will be the place for me.

Only have AOA and Sports to try and I will have seen all the values then it will be time to start seeing the mods and deluxes.

~~Amy~~ Lexi Baby
~~Jeff~~ Mickey
WDW/WWoHP June 2010 WDW POP Sept. 2010 DL Oct. 2010 WWoHP July 2011 DLR 24hours Leap Day 2012 WWOHP and WDW Platinum Trip July 2012 DLR annual passholder Sept. 2013-2014, April 2014-2015 WDW and WWoHP May 2013 WDW anniversary March 2014 WWOHP DA July 2014 DLR/WDW Wedding/Disneymoon Oct. 2014

Long Term Goal is to stay at all Disney Hotels...so far I've been to.....
All Star Movies-1, All Star Music-1, Pop-1, Coronado Springs-1, Animal Kingdom Lodge -2, Disneyland Hotel-1, Paradise Pier-3
hpfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #356
Loftin716
Mouseketeer

We stayed in a family suite in April 2013 and loved it! We were in the Calypso buildings so it was a short walk to the buses and main building! We will be checking out AOA in June 2014 but still highly recommend ASMu!
Loftin716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #357
missnic
Mouseketeer

FYI, we stayed here last week - Oct 3-4 and had a working fridge with no note. We were in Calypso in room 1440, a preferred room that they upgraded us to. We did not ask for a fridge, but were happy there was one there.
missnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #358
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loftin716 View Post
We stayed in a family suite in April 2013 and loved it! We were in the Calypso buildings so it was a short walk to the buses and main building! We will be checking out AOA in June 2014 but still highly recommend ASMu!
Glad to hear this! We are staying in a suite March/April 2014!!! Would you recommend Calypso over Jazz or are the distances to the main buildings similar?
June 2009~2 week WDW-Cocoa beach extravaganza!/Windsor Hills
October 2010~Our 1st WDW MNSSHP/Windsor Hills
June 2012~ 2 week WDW(YES program)-Universal-Seaworld-Cocoa beach/Windsor Hills
June/July 2014~last minute 20th anniversary/4th July trip!!!
October 2014~MNSSHP and onsite at CBR!
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #359
LUVMYGSDOG
Earning My Ears

Just returned from a stay in Jazz building 4. We did not have a fridge in the room. Asked about a credit at the desk and was given a $15.00 per night credit.

Kim
LUVMYGSDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #360
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Smile Just booked!

Should not be on the web so much. Happened to notice that I had enough southwest points for 3 one way trips, and an 2APs (mine and DD14) burning a hole in my pocket. Booked Dec 5 to Dec 8 at ASMu for a surprise trip! Only had to purchase one one way airfare at $200. Not bad. Went online and originally found no availability for any value, called while surfing again, and while the CM tried to sell me on offsite or CS, ASMu preferred popped up at a non discounted rate and I grabbed it!!
It is at 114 and 134 per night, which is discounted!
Can you tell I'm excited?
Now I've looked and noticed that it is the beginning of Pop Warner and the taping of the holiday parade, and a MVMCP. I guess it will be crowded!
Thanks for reading my post, and jump in if you have any suggestions!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: