Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 06:34 PM   #151
dancin Disney style
I found one to share with some fab american disers
Could you break off the handle?
 
dancin Disney style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,044

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissybroad View Post
I stayed solo in a first floor Jazz room facing the central promenade for OMDD.I had no problem with noise.

We have a family suite and two preferred rooms booked for April so we'll be in Calypso. (Can't hear that name without thinking of Pirates of the Caribbean). There'll be 9 of us including 3 kids 4 and under so we wanted to be near the bus pick up point, Melody Hall food court, the guitar pool, and the laundry facilities!
Just a little heads up....
ASMu has little problem with giving people the preferred rooms that they have booked and paid for. There have been numerous reports over the last few years about this. Guests arrive and find out after they check in and are assigned a room that there are no more preferred rooms available.
__________________

dancin Disney style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #152
NightAngelX
Would rather be at WDW
 
NightAngelX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 509

Hi all! Just jumping in to ask a quick question. Maybe I should ask the DISability board, but what section are the handicap accessible rooms? DH needs an ECV at WDW and if he is hurting badly he needs all the extra grabs from a handicap room. So when we book hotels I always get one. However I'd LOVE to stay in the Broadway section of ASMu. Just wondering if that is a possibility.

I can't even book yet but I'm planning in my head. Our first trip was a big expensive thing because it was my first trip and we thought it would be our only in a long time. However I want to go back...like yesterday, so we are planning a budget trip as a reward once we lose some weight! So exciting!!!
__________________
Family: Me DH Ginger Desi Rev
1st trip EVER - Aug 2012 - AKL

DH is BELOW GOAL!! I have 6 lbs to go!!!!
NightAngelX is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #153
mom58
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 27

Question Running out of preferred rooms?

Hi, Dancing Disney . . . are you saying that we might not get the preferred rooms we booked? Like the OP, I booked a suite and 2 preferred rooms so we would be close together.

That would be a real problem for me!
mom58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:31 AM   #154
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?
 
bookgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a OK state
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom58 View Post
Hi, Dancing Disney . . . are you saying that we might not get the preferred rooms we booked? Like the OP, I booked a suite and 2 preferred rooms so we would be close together.

That would be a real problem for me!
OH don't be sad, that is just a worst case scenerio and most likely will NOT happen.

There have been a few, I think I've seen maybe 3 or 4 threads that had someone with that complaint, BUT I've seen just as many I didn't get the room threads on the other resorts as well. I would make sure that the reservations are linked together to maximize your request. Like any hotel they have times when they overbook or have room issues but they are not the norm they are the exception. They will do everything possible to keep linked rooms together.

I'd also do online checkin and put the earliest time possible that you could be there. Rooms go quickly and being checked in early might help.

In the event you do have a problem just be calm. If you make sure you have the request known before hand and you are polite and work with the desk in the event of a room not being near they will do everything possible to fix the problem.
__________________
DL 3/2000 OFFSITE WDW 1/2009 ASMu WDW 9/2011 BC&POFQ WDW/IOA 10/2012 AoA/POFQ/ASMu WDW 10/2013 POR WDW 3/2014 AllStarSports WDW 7/14 Offsite AAU Nationals @ WWoS
UPCOMING: 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #155
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom58 View Post
Hi, Dancing Disney . . . are you saying that we might not get the preferred rooms we booked? Like the OP, I booked a suite and 2 preferred rooms so we would be close together.

That would be a real problem for me!
Some people have reported getting a Standard room when they paid for Preferred but it's not like it's a chronic problem. However, Preferred rooms are only in Calypso but Suites are in Calypso and Jazz. You could end up with a suite in Jazz and 2 rooms in Calypso. You'd better make sure all the reservations are cross referenced.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #156
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,790
DISboards Moderator

a quick question.
The drawers under the tv set area...are NOT MANY...and now with the refrig taking up the other side of the drawers...
they have a few hangers to hang clothes on...wonder if they would give us more to use from housekeeping..
We are four adults.
and two of us are FEMALES...catch my drift....so we will need to at least hang up our shirts..
Has anyone done this for their clothes..?
__________________


pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #157
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?
 
bookgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In a OK state
Posts: 5,887

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
a quick question.
The drawers under the tv set area...are NOT MANY...and now with the refrig taking up the other side of the drawers...
they have a few hangers to hang clothes on...wonder if they would give us more to use from housekeeping..
We are four adults.
and two of us are FEMALES...catch my drift....so we will need to at least hang up our shirts..
Has anyone done this for their clothes..?
Call housekeeping they'll give you all the hangers you want. I love the ones with the clips so I can use one hanger per outfit.
__________________
DL 3/2000 OFFSITE WDW 1/2009 ASMu WDW 9/2011 BC&POFQ WDW/IOA 10/2012 AoA/POFQ/ASMu WDW 10/2013 POR WDW 3/2014 AllStarSports WDW 7/14 Offsite AAU Nationals @ WWoS
UPCOMING: 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #158
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,790
DISboards Moderator

I would be upset if I didnt get the preferred room we asked for...but like they said...doesnt happen often and if it did...OY OY OY...would ask for a resort with a preferred room ..even Movies or Pop..
__________________


pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #159
Peanut
Mouseketeer
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Michigan GO BLUE!
Posts: 479

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumba View Post
I would be upset if I didnt get the preferred room we asked for...but like they said...doesnt happen often and if it did...OY OY OY...would ask for a resort with a preferred room ..even Movies or Pop..
I agree! If I actually dished out more money to have a preferred room, I had better get what I paid for! I would demand a different resort too. Disney wouldn't let this happen very often. Some people don't just prefer these rooms, they really NEED a closer room.
__________________
peanut ºoº Me DH DS(9) Kitty(14)
Once a year offsite from birth-1995, AS Sp Mar '96, ASMu Jul '98 ,Poly Jul '99, BC Jul '00, YC Oct '01, AKL June '03
OUR DISNEY WEDDING! Jan '04 GF, POR, & BWV
Pop Oct '04, CBR Oct '06, CSR Dec '07, POR Nov '08, ASMu Mar '13, POFQ Dec '14
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:18 PM   #160
troof
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 43

light sleepers beware

This advice is pretty much for first timers considering booking an All Star room. We recently did a split stay and joined an extended group at All Stars Music after staying at AoA. All Star Music nearly ruined the trip for me. I am a pretty light sleeper and the sound of the flushing toilets in surrounding rooms woke me up all night long and especially in the early morning starting around 5am, even with the door to the bathroom closed. I ended up buying a sleep sounds app and sleeping with head phones connected to my computer. You can hear all the roller luggage and anybody talking outside your room and marching bands started practice at 8 am. If you and your family get up really early, this probably wouldn't be as much of a problem - although you will still hear people returning to their rooms late at night. I think most of the plumbing noise was coming from above, so a top floor room should also make the situation better. We didn't have these noise issues at AoA, so I guess it is a feature of when the building was constructed and I assume all the All Stars are the same. Just a heads up for light sleepers.
troof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

13 days until we go to ASMu for a 3 day getaway, I'm so excited!! Can anyone offer advice on which Standard rooms are closest to the food court and bus stop, without going into the Preferred category? I'm not too bothered about the pool as I doubt we'll be swimming or laying out at all, but with only 3 days, it'd be great to try and request a room close to the bus stops and things.
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:28 PM   #162
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran
 
EpcotBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 2,806

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraRora View Post
13 days until we go to ASMu for a 3 day getaway, I'm so excited!! Can anyone offer advice on which Standard rooms are closest to the food court and bus stop, without going into the Preferred category? I'm not too bothered about the pool as I doubt we'll be swimming or laying out at all, but with only 3 days, it'd be great to try and request a room close to the bus stops and things.
Jazz.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #163
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!
 
angwill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,724

Quote:
Originally Posted by troof View Post
This advice is pretty much for first timers considering booking an All Star room. We recently did a split stay and joined an extended group at All Stars Music after staying at AoA. All Star Music nearly ruined the trip for me. I am a pretty light sleeper and the sound of the flushing toilets in surrounding rooms woke me up all night long and especially in the early morning starting around 5am, even with the door to the bathroom closed. I ended up buying a sleep sounds app and sleeping with head phones connected to my computer. You can hear all the roller luggage and anybody talking outside your room and marching bands started practice at 8 am. If you and your family get up really early, this probably wouldn't be as much of a problem - although you will still hear people returning to their rooms late at night. I think most of the plumbing noise was coming from above, so a top floor room should also make the situation better. We didn't have these noise issues at AoA, so I guess it is a feature of when the building was constructed and I assume all the All Stars are the same. Just a heads up for light sleepers.
Having stayed in most of the hotels on Disney property, not AOA yet, it was only on the deluxe level that I didn't hear the other toilets. Come to think of it even off property I hear the toilets in most hotels flush. I can always hear people in the hallways of hotels or outside the rooms that have no hallways. The difference is I sleep good and unless someone is screaming I don't wake up. It is good to know for those light sleepers though.

At Disney I tune the TV to the info station where it plays a track of music without words and let that be our background noise since I have a child that is a lighter sleeper and he sleeps through it all with the music playing.
__________________
AngAlWill Angel:
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #164
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”
 
pumba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Posts: 24,790
DISboards Moderator

by the end of the day at any resort. The flushing doesnt seem to bother us..we go to bed and pass out from the activities of the day.

I was looking at some of the photos of around the resort and hope that there is that fountain and red hibiscus around...want to take engagement photos of our granddaughter and her fiance....these looked like they would be a good place to start...

we are ready and raring to go...even if it is a few months away..

Thanks for this wonderful thread on Music..
__________________


pumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 PM   #165
AuroraRora
Princess
 
AuroraRora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 1,501

Just did my online check-in, to the sound of Wishes playing on Youtube in the background I'm SO excited!!! Online check-in today, and then tomorrow onwards it's the single-digit countdown

When it gave me the option to make 2 room/amenity requests, I chose "Highest Floor" (no bugs walking in off the grounds or noisy people above, thank ya) and then I was a bit confused about the building choices. I'd hoped to choose Jazz as it's the closest non-preferred building to the food court/buses, but it wasn't an option. The three choices it gave me were Calypso, Rock or Broadway. Rock and Broadway are further back, but Calypso is Preferred category and I booked a Standard room . I didn't want to choose that and get charged the extra amount at check-in, so I selected the other option that just said "Close To Transportation". I don't know if I should call and ask for Jazz, or just do it at check-in.

On the other hand, I should be at the resort by 10am on arrival day, so I may well just wind up getting put wherever they like. As long as I'm there, I'll be happy
__________________
Oct '00, '02, '04 - Off-property 3 weeks each
March 06 - Spring Break
July '07 - AK Lodge 3 weeks
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
all star music, all star music resort, asmu, music, value resort



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: