Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #16
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

What happened with ours was.... We went with my dad and brother and sister in December of 2005. They were kind of on our nerves so we went off to do our own thing. I remember going to Splash Mountain but it was busy and my now DH said- let's just walk around. Well, we walked through castle ( Oh yeah, it was raining out so I looked a mess).. His jacket, jeans rolled up to my knees, rainbows, hair not cute... You get the pic.. Well, I saw another couple getting engaged and I kind of grabbed him and was like " I wish you would do that" and he said " Oh, okay, you do"? And he pulled it out of his pocket We got married in April 2007 & we have two boys. 4 and 1. I actually was pregnant with my two boys two of the times we went. I am slowly rubbing off on him Cant wait to read more!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Old 01-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #17
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
What happened with ours was.... We went with my dad and brother and sister in December of 2005. They were kind of on our nerves so we went off to do our own thing. I remember going to Splash Mountain but it was busy and my now DH said- let's just walk around. Well, we walked through castle ( Oh yeah, it was raining out so I looked a mess).. His jacket, jeans rolled up to my knees, rainbows, hair not cute... You get the pic.. Well, I saw another couple getting engaged and I kind of grabbed him and was like " I wish you would do that" and he said " Oh, okay, you do"? And he pulled it out of his pocket We got married in April 2007 & we have two boys. 4 and 1. I actually was pregnant with my two boys two of the times we went. I am slowly rubbing off on him Cant wait to read more!!
THATS AWESOME!! Sounds perfect!! Your boys are so lucky to have such great parents!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #18
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

MGM Fun and the Osborne Lights!

Chapter Three: MGM Fun and Osborne Lights
Thursday, December 6, 2012

We made our way to the lighthouse, which is one of my favorite monuments in the World! MK has the castle, DHS has the hat, Epcot has SSE, AK has the Tree of Life, and the Yacht and Beach Club has the Lighthouse!

So perfect! We waited for a boat to come, me being super excited to get to Hollywood Studios! Disney boats are my favorite form of Disney transportation! ...With the monorail a close second of course !

The boat rides are just so peaceful even if you're standing up, its so much better than buses! We finally made it to Hollywood and took in the sights!

We made our way down Sunset Blvd. Note: Brett did not go on Tower of Terror our last trip. He had gone on it when he was little and hated every minute of it LOL. So on the months leading up to this trip I kept asking him, "soooo how bout that Tower of Terror." He told me he would go on it and I thought he would chicken out BUT HE DIDN'T! We rode it and had a blast! He was freaking out at the part when you move forward but I talked to him the whole time "you're okay!" Unfortunately we did not buy a picture because we were in the back and someone in front had put their hands up (hate that ).

muahaha.

We got a Fastpass for RNRC then made our way toward the Great Movie Ride. Brett had never been on this and he ended up thinking it was stupid but its such a classic! I love it!

We then went toward Toy Story Mania and knew it was going to be an unimaginable wait. We checked it out and it was an hour and a half...errrr. We decided to go check out The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow! I didn't read anything online about it because I didn't want to ruin it, but unfortunately I wish I read more, we didn't like it at all! Captain Jack himself was really cool but other than that when it was done we both said to each other "that's it!?" Luckily we only waited about 20 minutes for it. It was good to see it, but we probably will not "walk through" it again!

It looks pretty B-A from the outside but ... no dice .

^Me upset about wasting a half hour lol!

We went to the Backlot Express bar area and got some adult beverages! I got a Pina Colada and Brett got a Beer ! We enjoyed our drinks then it was time to use our Fast Pass for our favorite ride! I could literally ride RNRC over and over! The beginning gives me such a rush thats inexplainable! My Dad loves Aerosmith so we always use the line "Chris, can you grab my black Les Paul" like ALL THE TIME, had to get a picture for my dad.

Love it!

We were cutting it really close to 6PM when we left RNRC and we booked it to the lights! It was probably 6:08 and we were like "nope we missed them, nope we missed them." We turned the corner and THEY HADN'T BEEN PUT ON YET! YESS!! We waited about two more minutes then HALLELUJAH!!

PERFECTION !!!

I got an iPhone 5 strictly for panoramic shots of this!

After a half hour of my jaw on the ground we made our way toward the exit/ boats to get to Epcot for our dinner reservation!

Up Next: My Favorite Restaurant!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 01-29-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #19
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Love the pics!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I love your outfit! And those shoes are so cute and go perfect!

Yay for Brett riding ToT!

What do you do at the Capt. Jack Sparrow attraction? I don't know anything about it!

The Backlot Express has a bar area?! Wow, we need to find that!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #21
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I love your outfit too! Shoes look super comfy!

Your resort looks phenonomal!

I always enjoy the Great Movie Ride and agree that it is a classic for sure!

Osbourne Lights look wonderful, I can't believe I have never seen them but now that I think about it, I dont think I have ever been in DHS at night?

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

Old 01-29-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Love the pics!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I love your outfit! And those shoes are so cute and go perfect!

Yay for Brett riding ToT!

What do you do at the Capt. Jack Sparrow attraction? I don't know anything about it!

The Backlot Express has a bar area?! Wow, we need to find that!
Thanks so much! The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow is basically a "walk through" where you just walk into a room, then watch a video basically and there's some effects but overall I was disappointed!

YES! Right near the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area they had great adult beverages!

Quote:
I love your outfit too! Shoes look super comfy!

Your resort looks phenonomal!

I always enjoy the Great Movie Ride and agree that it is a classic for sure!

Osbourne Lights look wonderful, I can't believe I have never seen them but now that I think about it, I dont think I have ever been in DHS at night?
Thanks so much! GMR is a classic I agree! You should definitely go to DHS at night during Christmas! It's overwhelming and amazing! Like I said my jaw was on the floor for most of it!
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #23
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Le Cellier, Epcot Fun, and Illuminations!

Chapter Four: Le Cellier, Epcot Fun, and Illuminations!
Thursday, December 6, 2012

We left DHS around 6:30 and I was worried we were going to miss our 7:15 ADR! Luckily we got on the first boat and made it just in time! Like I said I LOVEEE the boats !

We made our way to duh-duh-duh-daa my favorite restaurant in the WORLD (Disney World and the actual World)!!

Literally just thinking about the cheddar cheese soup makes my mouth water!!

We were seated right away and I was SOO excited!

I had seen some people on the Dis order the Martini flight so I knew I had to get it! I'm so glad I did because it was awesome!

YUMM!

I was most excited about the glow cube ! The blue one was my favorite! The sugar on the edge went perfectly and it was delish. My second favorite was the chocolate one, it tasted very kaluha-y, which I LOVE! But the cranberry one I didn't like that much ...it was too medicine-y. I didn't drink a lot of that one at all. But the other two made up for that one!

Then I had my FAVORITE soup! I would have licked the bowl if it wasn't socially unacceptable...

I got the soup as my meal because it fills me up so much! Soup + Bread = FULL Mindy. Brett got steak and loved it! We finished up then made our way around Epcot.

We stopped in Japan and I got a ton of Hello Kitty merchandise ! Then I did Pick a Pearl and I'm so glad I did! It was so fun!

I still have not gotten anything to put my Pearl in yet! I'm waiting for the perfect jewelry item!

Brett got some of the frozen beer and he liked it! He loves slush so it was two of his favorite things combined !

We then went on Maelstrom and after we got off it Brett's face was literally
HUH? . He was like "what just happened?" hahaha GOOD times. On the way out of Norway I bought a Jasmine pin and Brett bought an autograph book for one of his co-workers !

It was starting to be around 9:30 so we went toward France to get a spot for Illuminations! I love how they incorporate all the countries so it's a perfect show no matter where you watch!

We were both so tired! We walked back to the Beach Club and called it a night! Day one complete!!!!

Up Next: Day 2: More DHS!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 02-07-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

I have never tried Le Cellier but have read wonderful reviews about it..

I would be like you- Drinks, Soup and Bread, That is enough for me!

Cant wait to read more!

Old 01-29-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

Congratulations! I can't wait to read more.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
herb102211
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Congrats on your engagement! DH and I got engaged in Disney 4 years ago and had our honeymoon there 2 years ago!! We love the Beach Club - It's our favorite resort. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR

*Food, Wine & Christmas Time..A November 2012 TR*
Wining & Dining Around the World~ An October '13 TR
5/08- Offsite, 5/09- Pop Century, 11/09 (engagement!)- Pop Century, 3/10- Pop Century/Disney Wonder 4 Nt Bahamas, 9/10- Pop Century, 3/11- Beach Club/ Disney Dream 3 Nt Bahamas, 5/11- Beach Club, 10/11- (Disneymoon) Beach Club, 12/11-Beach Club 3/12- BCV/BLT , 5/12- BCV/OKW/BLT, 9/12-BWV/BCV/BLT/AoA, 11/12- BCV 2/13- BCV/OKW, 4/13-BWV, 9/13- BWV, 10/13- Yacht Club , 2/14- BWV, 4/14- BWV/WL, 7/14- Yacht Club-CL, 10/14- Yacht Club , 12/14- BWI
Me (28) DH (29)
Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #27
SusieBea
DIS Veteran

You guys are so cute! More please ...
Off-site '75, 82, 85; 89: CBR; 92: PO: 93: Disney Inn; 94: OKW(2); 95: OKW(2); 96: HHI & OKW(2); 97: VB & OKW; 98: OKW(3); 99: OKW, DCL, & BW; 2000: OKW & VWL; 01: HHI & OKW; 02: Ft. Wild. cabins; 03: OKW & GF; 05: OKW, SSR, & Yacht Club; 06: OKW; 07: OKW; 08: Grand Californian; 09: OKW; 10: OKW(2) & OKW Grand Villa! 2011: AKV (2) & OKW (3); 2012: OKW (2) & OKW Grand Villa; 2013: OKW (3); 2014: BLT & Kidani; VGF & OKW; UPCOMING TRIPS: - 2014: SSR & OKW - December
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I have never tried Le Cellier but have read wonderful reviews about it..

I would be like you- Drinks, Soup and Bread, That is enough for me!

Cant wait to read more!
Everyone says Le Cellier has gone downhill but I totally disagree! Yep drinks, bread, soup, and I will SO FULL! I definitely recommend it! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Congratulations! I can't wait to read more.
Thanks so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Joining in! Congrats on your engagement! DH and I got engaged in Disney 4 years ago and had our honeymoon there 2 years ago!! We love the Beach Club - It's our favorite resort. Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR
Thank you thank you! That sounds perfect! I'm debating on whether to go to Disney this year, next year, then skip out for our honeymoon, or just save up for an extravagant honey moon! Did you go in between your engagement and honeymoon? I think Beach Club is one of the best !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieBea View Post
You guys are so cute! More please ...
Thanks so much!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:18 PM   #29
princessmelinda
Earning My Ears

Day Two: Hollywood & Breakfast

Chapter Five: Hollywood & Breakfast!
Friday, December 7, 2012

We were up bright and early the next morning! We started off this foggy morning with some resort pictures.

Lol Brett

I was eager to get to Hollywood fast and get our Toy Story Fast passes of course!

We were probably 6-8 people behind the front person at the gate so I was happy! They opened the gate and we booked it to Toy Story, we got FPs for 10:15 PERFECT!

We went and enjoyed RnRC again and it was awesome as usual! We actually waited a while after the ride was over before you get to the red carpet area, it was weird but it only lasted about 2 mins, but thats 2 mins for than usual...ODD!

We then got some breakfast at starring rolls, wow that place is under rated!

Brett got a coffee roll and I got a fruit/pastry delicious thing, SO GOOD!

It was now about 10ish and we made our way back toward Toy Story but we took the scenic route!

My boy Walt <3

"da pudding"

Classic!

It was cool being able to see the lights during the day not lit! We got to see much more when there were no people around at all!

Disney mangers are better.

We stopped and did a photobooth, can't tell you the last time I've used one of these...maybe like middleschool at the mall HAHA! I'm so glad we did it came out hilarious!

Then we finally found our destination!

It feels so awesome just walking through that line!

Love Andy's room!

READY, SET, GOOOOO!

Ugh that ride is just perfection! My right arm burns so much after but its worth every second!

I know these scores are so lame compared to some of you here on the Dis but I was proud for beating Brett!

Once we were done we made our way back to the boats, again taking in all the sights!

We got back to the Beach Club, changed, and were ready for more adventure!

Up Next: Finally Magic Kingdom Time!!

Last edited by princessmelinda; 02-22-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #30
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Starring Rolls is so yummy! I could go for one of those cinnamon rolls right now!

I love the TSM line. I swear I find something new in there every time.

Tags
beach club, december, engagement

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: