Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #31
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

Is there anyone here that Gas X hasn't worked for? Here's my odd situation. I went to the doctor on Wednesday because I was running a high fever (102-103) and I knew that I had a bladder infection as I have gotten those often since I was a baby. Anyway, I also had this pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is. I go in, they confirm the bladder infection and say that my back pain is probably because it is progressed into my kidney and the pain should go away by Friday. Well, yesterday, I developed a gas bubble on my lower right side. I took some Gas X before bed. When I woke up, it was gone, but the pain in my kidney is even greater but it hurts when I take a deep breath, just like the gas bubble did. I took another Gas X and nothing has happened. I still have a lot of pain and I am wondering if it is a gas bubble or kidney pain. They said that if my kidney was still hurting, I needed to go back in on Saturday, but it will be really embarrassing to go in and them to tell me that I just need a good healthy fart.

And yes, I know I shouldn't come to the Dis for medical advice. I'm just wondering if Gas X always works. If it does, I clearly need to see a doctor. If it doesn't work for a lot of people, I will try something else before potentially embarrassing myself at the doctor.

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR* *2015 - CR*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #32
Tinker'n'Fun
"apple", peaches, "pumpkin pie", who's not ready holler "I"...
i'm just trying to be optimistic!
I am SO CLUELESS and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
Is there anyone here that Gas X hasn't worked for? Here's my odd situation. I went to the doctor on Wednesday because I was running a high fever (102-103) and I knew that I had a bladder infection as I have gotten those often since I was a baby. Anyway, I also had this pain in my lower back on the right side where my kidney is. I go in, they confirm the bladder infection and say that my back pain is probably because it is progressed into my kidney and the pain should go away by Friday. Well, yesterday, I developed a gas bubble on my lower right side. I took some Gas X before bed. When I woke up, it was gone, but the pain in my kidney is even greater but it hurts when I take a deep breath, just like the gas bubble did. I took another Gas X and nothing has happened. I still have a lot of pain and I am wondering if it is a gas bubble or kidney pain. They said that if my kidney was still hurting, I needed to go back in on Saturday, but it will be really embarrassing to go in and them to tell me that I just need a good healthy fart.

And yes, I know I shouldn't come to the Dis for medical advice. I'm just wondering if Gas X always works. If it does, I clearly need to see a doctor. If it doesn't work for a lot of people, I will try something else before potentially embarrassing myself at the doctor.
I recommend calling the doctor as that is really not normal. Sounds more like your UTI is in your kidneys now and needs to be monitored. Good luck, feel better.
Tinker'n'Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: