Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #91
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmichelle View Post
Is it stranger that I'm 19 and don't have a smartphone?
Haha... I don't think so. I'm always amazed when people spend over a thousand dollars a year just to play foursquare and surf the web on a tiny little screen. No wonder so many younger adults are in debt up to their eyeballs!
Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #92
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Here's a stupid question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere:

Does FP+ give you an hour time slot like "legacy" fastpass does/did?

For instance, if I book a time for TSMM does it say come between 1:00 and 2:00?

And, if so...how will that work for Dining? Show up between 1:00-2:00 and they'll have blocked off sections for FP+ people? What if you don't show for your FP+ ADR???
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #93
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
Haha... I don't think so. I'm always amazed when people spend over a thousand dollars a year just to play foursquare and surf the web on a tiny little screen. No wonder so many younger adults are in debt up to their eyeballs!
My phone and entire yearly cell usage cost doesn't come anywhere near 1k and i've got an iphone.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #94
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
My phone and entire yearly cell usage cost doesn't come anywhere near 1k and i've got an iphone.
Good for you! Not everyone is smart enough to shop around.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #95
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddler View Post
Good for you! Not everyone is smart enough to shop around.
And i'm grandfathered into unlimited data.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #96
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

I'm am confused!!! We stay DVC and buy 10 day non exp. tickets from AAA. How will this effect the way I use the current FP and FP+ systems? We use them over 3 trips.

Would FP+ be linked to my room key?

Would my AAA tickets need to be converted at time of check in? What happens to the remaining days left on the ticket?

What happens if you plan accordingly for your trip and need to change plans (example: sick)? Are you out of luck with no way to get a FP?

If only allowed three FPs in any given day, I can imagine the MK losing its 'Magic'.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #97
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
I'm am confused!!! We stay DVC and buy 10 day non exp. tickets from AAA. How will this effect the way I use the current FP and FP+ systems? We use them over 3 trips.

Would FP+ be linked to my room key?

Would my AAA tickets need to be converted at time of check in? What happens to the remaining days left on the ticket?

What happens if you plan accordingly for your trip and need to change plans (example: sick)? Are you out of luck with no way to get a FP?

If only allowed three FPs in any given day, I can imagine the MK losing its 'Magic'.
In theory, you get bands at check-in, but prior to arrival you setup your accoutn for myMagic+ - at that point adding your tickets to it, or having them do it when you arrive.

After you leave, you keep the bands - those are your tickets. They may/may not be reused again for the next room stay.. not sure what the policy is on that yet (APs would have similar issues) so it's likely you'd just reuse the same badn if it's in good condition.. if not, they access your account.. see your ticket.. add the room to the band.. done and done.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #98
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmort View Post
I disagree this will interfere with nicely paced basic touring.

Right now, if you want to ride TSMM you need to know it at least the day before so you can get a good night's sleep and arrive well before rope drop in case there is an early opening and then sprint across the park to pick up some fp's, and pray you make it in time for one that is convenient to when you actually wanted to ride it and not in conflict with your lunch ADR etc...

With the new system you'll know when you are going to ride it (in a reasonable window), can sleep in a little if you like, not need to rush back and forth over the park to grab slips of paper, etc... Seems more relaxed and peaceful to me.

You won't need to plan "to the minute", but I would guess most people have a general window of when they want to be in an area (ie before lunch, after lunch, etc...).
I agree that is seems far less stressful to know in advance when your "time" is, and not have to run all over the park collecting FPs. That part I am looking forward to! And being able to pick times that actually work for you, instead of being stuck with what the machine gives you, is a plus too.

But... this thing about only 1 park/day is really annoying me. How can they justify charging extra for park-hoppers, if park hopping is suddenly a disadvantage??? I've already planned our April trip (w/ ADRs) around park-hopping, so we won't have any choice this time. It would seem smart for Disney to encourage people to spend extra $$ on PH by allowing 3/day/park. Then you could get more than the standard allotment by park hopping. Otherwise, I would think that surely the sale of PH is going to go down.

3/day does seem pretty small, but I guess normally we wouldn't bother getting more than that anyway. We tend to hit the big attractions right at RD or during EMH when there isn't much of a line.

I just hope they get the details ironed out and made public soon. I hate not knowing how this is going to work with our trip coming up so soon! I want to get our touring plans and schedules all set up and in the spreadsheet, but sure as I make a bunch of plans, I'll have to change them all when FP+ goes live.

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 11/15 - FW Campground
Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #99
Waddler
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
I just hope they get the details ironed out and made public soon. I hate not knowing how this is going to work with our trip coming up so soon! I want to get our touring plans and schedules all set up and in the spreadsheet, but sure as I make a bunch of plans, I'll have to change them all when FP+ goes live.
I agree!

If we have to be guinea pigs, I hope that most guests will be clueless about FP+, affording us more last-minute flexibility. If I can really change my 10:30 am TSM FP+ reservations to later in the day because I decided to sleep in, then awesome. But I'm not keeping my hopes up.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #100
gwmort
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpoohbear View Post
But... this thing about only 1 park/day is really annoying me. How can they justify charging extra for park-hoppers, if park hopping is suddenly a disadvantage??? I've already planned our April trip (w/ ADRs) around park-hopping, so we won't have any choice this time. It would seem smart for Disney to encourage people to spend extra $$ on PH by allowing 3/day/park. Then you could get more than the standard allotment by park hopping. Otherwise, I would think that surely the sale of PH is going to go down.
I think we will need to see the implementation to decide.

When we park hop we usually do 2 parks in a day, one earlier and one later. At the later park it is usually hard to get good fps anyway (like Soarin or TSM). It might be better if we could RD at MK get a couple of headliners knocked out standby , then go grab lunch at a resort, then go to our second park where we already have 3 fp+'s all lined up for a stellar afternoon/evening without all the running around or uncertainty of if there will be anything left.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #101
mikegood2
DIS Veteran

Are tickets going to need to be purchased in advance of arriving to take advantage of FP+?

Our last trip we purchased or tickets on the day we arrived. Of course we booked out rooms 6+ months in advance and we were able to set up ADR's. Will this likely be the same way? I guess what I'm asking is whether FP+ are tied in with reserving your resort or with the tickets?
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #102
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegood2 View Post
Are tickets going to need to be purchased in advance of arriving to take advantage of FP+?

Our last trip we purchased or tickets on the day we arrived. Of course we booked out rooms 6+ months in advance and we were able to set up ADR's. Will this likely be the same way? I guess what I'm asking is whether FP+ are tied in with reserving your resort or with the tickets?
Yes, unless you want the day-of leftovers. It either has to be booked into your room package, or you need the ticket on-hand to enter it into the MyMagic+ website for conversion.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:20 PM   #103
angelmichelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
Here's a stupid question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere:

Does FP+ give you an hour time slot like "legacy" fastpass does/did?

For instance, if I book a time for TSMM does it say come between 1:00 and 2:00?

And, if so...how will that work for Dining? Show up between 1:00-2:00 and they'll have blocked off sections for FP+ people? What if you don't show for your FP+ ADR???
I believe it gives you an hour window, yes. At least it did during testing a few months back...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/fastpa...pass/16364.htm

Old 01-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #104
DVCJones
DIS Veteran

We have also planned our April trip and have our ADRs planned around our park days. We will be hopping every day!!! So I guess we will be stuck without any FPs for the second half of each park day.

I would also like to know soon what will be, as two of us need to buy new tickets. I may decide that hopper tickets are not the way to go for our family.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #105
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCJones View Post
We have also planned our April trip and have our ADRs planned around our park days. We will be hopping every day!!! So I guess we will be stuck without any FPs for the second half of each park day.

I would also like to know soon what will be, as two of us need to buy new tickets. I may decide that hopper tickets are not the way to go for our family.
Just do the opposite of what you used to do...

Goto a park, ride the rides with short morning lines. Then hop to the second park where you have FP+ booked all afternoon.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: