Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 07:55 AM   #811
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

RD = Rope Drop (or park opening)

Old 01-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #812
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

OMG, I am a VERY big planner but cannot get my head around this FP+ and the RDIF bands.

I am going with a group of 20 in March (March 22) for a HS baseball spring training trip (also going in August but just with my mom and DVC). Although I am not the coach, I am the "leader" of our group reservation. I am making final payment this week on our hotel.

Has any of this informaiton we are talking about on all these threads happened in "real life" yet, not testing? I wasn't told at all about ANY magical experiences and about any website to sign up on.

I have a couple of ADRs, based around the boys playing/practice time and they have 3 day park passes so I would LOVE to get the FPs for our group ahead of time since this is the week before Easter. While I have been there before at Easter without my waiting in any lines (we use the TGM strategy), I am not so sure a group of HS boys will be up and out at RD and honestly care don't BUT would LOVE to be able to give them the FPs for the attractions I know/think they should get for each park.

Can this or anything be done yet for my April (and even August) trip.

Thank you VERY, VERY much!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM   #813
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
They are adjustable, waterproof, detachable, light weight and do not have to be worn to work.
:-)
Old 01-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #814
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

Im not doing the invite thing because everyone is counting on me to do all the prep work anyway. I would invite if you are having them share in the planning. Im not positive of all this on the website. This is just my experience playing around on it.
I'm going a similar route, setting everyone up then inviting I
so they can then get reminders etc sent to their phone when we do split up..... At least I am hoping that is how the system will work!
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #815
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Can... anything be done yet for my April (and even August) trip.
Nobody knows.

Old 01-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #816
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Nobody knows.
Thank you.

Also, what is the app called so I can download it onto my iP5.
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #817
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you.

Also, what is the app called so I can download it onto my iP5.
Thanks.
My Disney Experience  Walt Disney World

More HERE.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #818
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Speculation, I like speculation
Speculation, Lots of fun to play!

First you take a silly guess
Then the comments make a mess
Silly Guess (silly guess)
Make a mess (make a mess)

Ohhhhhhh&.

Speculation, I like speculation
Speculation, that is what we say

Fast pass plus will make you sick
Disney beats you with a stick
Silly guess (silly guess)
Make a mess (make a mess)
Make you sick (make you sick)
With a stick (with a stick)

OHHHHHH&

Speculation, we like speculation
Speculation, is our game today.
ok...haven't read since this point just yet, but i can imagine there is a game that can be used here...very similar to the word "entitled" in other posts!

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #819
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

Thanks to everyone with their thoughts and facts concerning this... i've been lurking on this thread for the simple fact that it seems overwhelming to me....interesting but overwhelming, and at a loss for words to comment. Setting up the friends and family seems to be a chore, making it work right....but trying to get things set up for the 11 of us going (3 families), and making this all work out before we go in April. Better to be prepared now in case they start the FP+ before our trip.

I love Robo's comments, i agree, although interesting, never needed fixing.

Bcrook...thanks for having everything outlined so well.

doconeill... love the insightful comments too

Mousermerf...love and appreciate the info you've provided

Mom2rtk... your comments...make me laugh, and insightfull all the same; and you can also add me to the "no PIN receivers list".

and Larryz... i'll join you in the "game"

I'm sure there's more, but i'd be recreating the whole thread again so i'll stop here....LOL

January 1979 Offsite; January 1992 POR; March 1999Honeymoon ; May 2002 CBR; May 2008 Offsite; November 2008 CBR March 2009 DVC SSR, BCV; August 2009 DVC AKV,BCV; December 2009 DVC SSR; February 2010 DVC BCV; November 2010 DVC BWV; May 2011 POP; March 2012 DCL Dream and POP; May 2012 POP; April 2013 DVC BCV; November 2013 CSR; Yacht Club, DCL Dream and BWV May 2014
Old 01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #820
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunclemarco View Post
Thanks to everyone with their thoughts and facts concerning this... i've been lurking on this thread for the simple fact that it seems overwhelming to me....interesting but overwhelming, and at a loss for words to comment. Setting up the friends and family seems to be a chore, making it work right....but trying to get things set up for the 11 of us going (3 families), and making this all work out before we go in April. Better to be prepared now in case they start the FP+ before our trip.

I love Robo's comments, i agree, although interesting, never needed fixing.

Bcrook...thanks for having everything outlined so well.

doconeill... love the insightful comments too

Mousermerf...love and appreciate the info you've provided

Mom2rtk... your comments...make me laugh, and insightfull all the same; and you can also add me to the "no PIN receivers list".

and Larryz... i'll join you in the "game"

I'm sure there's more, but i'd be recreating the whole thread again so i'll stop here....LOL
Thanks Hunclemarco! With being in charge of a large group, and traveling in April, you really have your work cut out for you.

Here's hoping they get something concrete announced soon so you know what you're dealing with.

And here's hoping all the surprises you encounter on this trip come in the form of extra fastpasses on your phone!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #821
Hunclemarco
DIS Veteran

If all of this opens up by April...i'll definately keep track and post the what's, how's, the upside and downside's experienced here.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #822
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

I'm wondering, other than the email that's linked in the first post, has anyone tried to contact Disney with your concerns? I wrote them an email today to express my concerns based on what we know so far. Who knows whether they'll actually do anything with it, but in my mind, this testing period is like a public comments period, and they're not going to be able to change things they don't know about, assuming, of course, they don't read this site. And even if they do read this site, let's face it...there are 1000s of posts here a day. Some are better written and more concise than others, but it's really hard to find them, IMO. So, instead of putting my thoughts here, I drafted a letter to Disney and put my thoughts there, where they stand a better chance of actually being read by someone at Disney.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #823
MikeandReneePlus5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
Under the "Regular" "Unfair" "Tired" "Old Fashioned" FP system, a "director" of a tour group could take all of the passes of guests that WANTED to ride X attraction and get FP's.
OR- the guests who did want to ride X attraction could line up with the others in the group and get a FP.

AND- that whole group COULD ride "within a given period of time" so that the group could stay "together" at that attraction at (about) the same time.

This new system, with some MAYBE having their own "electronic connection" to the FP+ system on that day they are in the park (or at some earlier date,) may or may not (I'm thinking NOT) be able to get a FP for X attraction at (about) the same time.

It's another complex situation that was not very complicated before.
I would put losing the ability for tour groups or parties of 50 riding an attraction at the same time in the "good change" side of my FP+ ledger.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:06 PM   #824
freediverdude
Was very touched by the Tapestry of Dreams parade :(

counter service reservations?

I was just reading over on "one of the other websites" that someone on there was part of a trial today, where they got a fastpass for Be Our Guest for lunch, and was able to use a website to preorder food and make reservations for counter service locations in advance. Is nothing going to be spur of the moment? lol
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #825
Robo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandReneePlus5 View Post
I would put losing the ability for tour groups or parties of 50 riding an attraction at the same time in the "good change" side of my FP+ ledger.
Akin to being happy that the blade of your guillotine had been sharpened just before the day of your execution.

I'd prefer "good news" of a different kind.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: