Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #796
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
So all this talk about group touring as me thinking....... not about the groups that want to tour together, but the opposite. What about the big groups who THOUGHT they wanted to do everything together.......... but by the end of their trip need some serious SPACE from the group they are traveling with.
I mean.... things CHANGE in the course of a trip. Oh, and don't ask how I know this!
Will be interesting to see what affect this has on large tour groups.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #797
gcoolie
I do believe in fairies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaster

Can we please not call people who don't get to the park for rope drop lazy? I commented on this on another thread (or it might have been earlier in this one!)

My DH gets up every day at 5am for a 12 hour work day, I don't refer to him as "lazy" when he wants to sleep until 8am while on vacation
Thank you. We traditionally were never RD people, preferring to relax in the morning and then stay in the parks as late as possible. Vacation, right? In 2011, we missed out on TSM and Soarin because FP was gone by the time we got to those parks and we are unwilling to stand in any line for two hours. This year, we decided to stop being "lazy" and get there at opening. That worked just fine and we rode everything, but still would rather have taken it slow in the morning.

However, what I have not done the last couple of trips was make any ADRs. I was worried that FP times wouldn't work out with the set dining times. If I know ahead when my FP times are, I will feel more free to make ADRs. Better for Disney, right?

Just a thought. I don't feel strongly about the whole thing one way or the other. I am enjoying this discussion and the in-depth analysis! I am really looking forward to trip reports once this up and running.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #798
tessa67
Mouseketeer

I don't want this to be a generalization but I feel for the grandmas and grandpas who bring their grand kids. If we are struggling to understand this how will they ever figure it out?

(I know there are some very tech savvy g-ma/g-pa out there, but many are not.)
Old 01-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #799
bigAWL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyman8 View Post
Just to summarize what I think WDW is doing with this whole FP+/MyMagic+ thing.
I have a couple comments about this summary...

Quote:
This information, along with park tickets, dining plan, PhotoPass pictures, and a charge card will be stored on a guest's MagicBand.
Careful about the wording here. There should only be an ID number of some sort stored on the MagicBand. Any device reading the band would have to also have access to the Disney database in order to reconcile that ID number to the personal information you list. Report your wristband lost, and it can easily be rendered useless to anyone who finds it.

Quote:
First of all, I'm left to assume that you cannot change or cancel your reservation after you've checked-in online 60 days in advance but what if Uncle Lou suddenly dies and you have to cancel even if you've purchased trip insurance? One is left to assume you won't get your money back if you've checked-in.
Are you talking about room reservation and not getting a refund after checking in at 60 days? I suppose it would depend on the terms of your hotel room reservation. I'm a DVC owner, and my terms say if I cancel my room more than 30 days in advance, my points will go back into my account (ie. nothing is lost). Online Check-in should in no way override those terms and conditions.

I understand there are separate Online Check-in Terms and Conditions. I can't find them. Anyone have a copy of those?
1989 .......... Offsite?
2007 Jun .................................................. .................................................. ................. Newport Bay Club
2008 May-Jun .. Shades of Green ................. Wonder 4-night Bahamas Double-dip
2009 Jul ...... Shades of Green ................. Magic 7-night E. Caribbean Tortola
2010 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Northern Europe
2010 Dec ...... Saratoga Springs Resort ......... Magic 11-night S. Caribbean Holiday
2011 Jul ........................................ Wonder 7-night Alaska .................... Villas at Grand Californian
2011 Oct ...... Polynesian - AKV Kidani
2012 Jun ...... Bay Lake Tower .................. Fantasy 7-night W. Caribbean
2013 Mar ...... Beach Club Villas - BLT ......... Dream 4/3-night Bahamas Back-to-Back

Future Plans:
2014 Jun ........................................ Magic 12-night Med. Barcelona-Venice
2015 Jun-Jul .................................... Magic 11-night Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Old 01-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #800
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

For those that know, is it better to setup my disney experience to invite my family or to simply just setup the accounts to say I manage this account?

I am the planner of the whole group and would be the person setting up the adrs and FP+

Also, what do you do for those that use the same email account.

For example my father and mother don't even use email. How do I set them up?

Old 01-13-2013, 11:44 PM   #801
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster
For those that know, is it better to setup my disney experience to invite my family or to simply just setup the accounts to say I manage this account?

I am the planner of the whole group and would be the person setting up the adrs and FP+

Also, what do you do for those that use the same email account.

For example my father and mother don't even use email. How do I set them up?
I set up everyone myself... Party of 12.... Its my way or the highway anyway!!!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:05 AM   #802
fflmaster
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post

When you setup everyone did you just simply not click the invite button or did you do something else?

Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #803
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster

When you setup everyone did you just simply not click the invite button or did you do something else?
Im not doing the invite thing because everyone is counting on me to do all the prep work anyway. I would invite if you are having them share in the planning. Im not positive of all this on the website. This is just my experience playing around on it.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:49 AM   #804
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
Again, this whole system gives RD no value at all. The old system worked fine, Disney is just catering to the lazy people who don't get up in time for RD and complain that there are no TSM FPs available.
I'm an early riser and up by 5:00 am just about every day; but with that said I only have one word to describe this comment about being lazy.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
Old 01-14-2013, 05:34 AM   #805
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflmaster View Post
I did that for all the adults in my group. My teens I invited. They are much more tech savvy.

Quote:
Im not doing the invite thing because everyone is counting on me to do all the prep work anyway. I would invite if you are having them share in the planning. Im not positive of all this on the website. This is just my experience playing around on it.
If you do the invites. I "think" every decision and "reservation" then needs to be confirmed by everyone with their own managed account. It would make it more challenging to change plans "on the fly". At least that is how it appears to me.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #806
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Surprise Fastpass

This is going to be an interesting aspect of the magicband/FP plus experience. Surprise Fastpassses. This thread has a Dumbo example.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #807
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post

I did that for all the adults in my group. My teens I invited. They are much more tech savvy.

If you do the invites. I "think" every decision and "reservation" then needs to be confirmed by everyone with their own managed account. It would make it more challenging to change plans "on the fly". At least that is how it appears to me.
::: off to revoke everyone's invite :::

ETA: That will only work if I first remove them from all the current reservations. Grr.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 01-14-2013, 07:06 AM   #808
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
Again, this whole system gives RD no value at all. The old system worked fine, Disney is just catering to the lazy people who don't get up in time for RD and complain that there are no TSM FPs available.
lol Wow. Aside from what everyone else has already said, how about those people from different time zones? For an 8am rope drop, someone from like Seattle would be waking up between 2-3am "their time" to get dressed, eat breakfast and ride transportation over. That's just how I want to spend my vacation

12/14 DLR ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
Old 01-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #809
DVC4US
DVC Member since 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
This is going to be an interesting aspect of the magicband/FP plus experience. Surprise Fastpassses. This thread has a Dumbo example.
But "Surprise Fastpasses" are not new. We have received several of these in the past - usually for Mickey's Philharmagic in the MK or Mission Space in EPCOT. I agree that with the magicband they might be able to offer more options.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #810
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

What does RD stand for please? Tried to look it up but not listed...
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: