Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #541
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boski View Post
Has it been stated (and I apologize as I have not read all the T&Cs that were officially released) that you can go forward with the band/linking your CC/personal data (so that these rumored interactive experiences can happen) and simply not do the FP+. Or is it if you sign up for all these items then you have to use FP+? If Disney wants to send me a 20% coupon for a gift shop I'm near I'm fine with that and heck may take advantage. I think it might be cool if PUSH knows my name. But we are a FP/Park Hopping family and would like to continue to tour that way for as long as Disney lets us.
Although not 100% clear, I would say that no, you can't get a MagicBand without losing the ability to use FP.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #542
McKelly
DIS Veteran

I know we are probably in the minority here, but part of me is bummed that I will have to take my phone with me into the parks now. Part of the reason I enjoy Disney so much, is that we DON'T bring our phones along with us, so we have "family time", completely uninterrupted by outside persons. Now, we will have to check our phones and I know I won't be able to ignore the outside world as easily...

Sigh..........well, my teenage DD will be happy. It's difficult for her to part with her phone, now it looks like she won't have to! She has the SmartPhone, I don't. We will have to use hers.
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #543
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

OK, not trying to be daft, but I arrive for my Disneymoon on 1/27... FP+ will not be up yet, correct? How does FP work now? What should I prepare for? btw, it's a family DIsneymoon (2 kids, 6 & 12)

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #544
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyf31 View Post
But what if you already have your dining reservations (180 days) but then they decide to reroute guests after the 60 day mark. So now I am stuck in a crowded park and can't park hop because of either dining or FP+ .
But you would be in this same situation even today under the current system. Would you really leave the park you are in if it is crowded if you have an ADR booked in a few hours? Or if you have a paper FP for BTMRR that comes due in 91 minutes?

Frankly, if WDW tries to re-route others out of my crowded park by sending enticing "whatevers", I would be happy that I stayed if the crowds really did thin out...

I can't see them trying to re-route people 60 days out based on scheduled data. Day of perhaps, once they have an actual body count, but not before.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #545
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post
I know we are probably in the minority here, but part of me is bummed that I will have to take my phone with me into the parks now. Part of the reason I enjoy Disney so much, is that we DON'T bring our phones along with us, so we have "family time", completely uninterrupted by outside persons. Now, we will have to check our phones and I know I won't be able to ignore the outside world as easily...

Sigh..........well, my teenage DD will be happy. It's difficult for her to part with her phone, now it looks like she won't have to! She has the SmartPhone, I don't. We will have to use hers.
They have kiosks you can use, you don't need your phone We will be bringing only one phone in (mostly so we don't have to line up at a kiosk)
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
Old 01-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #546
linzbear
Flirts with Chip

Quote:
Has it been stated (and I apologize as I have not read all the T&Cs that were officially released) that you can go forward with the band/linking your CC/personal data (so that these rumored interactive experiences can happen) and simply not do the FP+. Or is it if you sign up for all these items then you have to use FP+? If Disney wants to send me a 20% coupon for a gift shop I'm near I'm fine with that and heck may take advantage. I think it might be cool if PUSH knows my name. But we are a FP/Park Hopping family and would like to continue to tour that way for as long as Disney lets us.
If you have a magic band, you cannot use regular FP. FP machines only take regular paper/plastic tickets.
04/92 - CBR | 03/94 - Offsite | 03/03 - VWL | 05/05 - BWV | 05/06 - DLR | 12/06 - VWL | 04/07 - BCV | 10/07 - OKW/AKV | 12/07 - VWL | 09/08 - OKW | 10/09 - AKV | 11/10 - AKV/VWL | 10/11 - BLT/Swan | 5/13 - VWL
Planned:
11/14 - AKV
Old 01-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #547
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik9 View Post
We are 47 days out and did the online check in 3 days ago. No Fastpass + showing up, other than in the family members profiles under reservations it notes 1 hotel stay 5 ADR's and 0 Vurtual Tickets and 0 Fastpass + Arrival times.
I have not completed on-line check-in, but have played with it and seen similar information for our upcoming trip.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #548
Majik9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Does no virtual tickets mean that you haven't linked your My Disney Experience (MDE) with park tickets yet? If you don't have tickets linked then you won't be able to book FP+?

If this FP+ thing was up and running, minimally a person would need a MDE account and linked tickets to get started (and be within the 60 day window). Resorts don't matter because anybody on or off site can participate fully after rollout is complete.

And the other the thing that has been deliberately vague...

Do we know if guests get 3 FP+ everyday of their trip? If I stay 10 days, will I get 30 passes to use when it is all said and done if I am dilligent, not counting all the "special" bonus offer consolation FP. Or will there be a cap on FP+?
The Park tickets are part of our package so I am assuming those two areas (virtual tickets & fastpass+) are not active yet. I have not seen a way to link tickets for what it is worth.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, and Disneyland: WDW-1: Feb 1987 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 1989 (Off Property), WDW-3: Mar 1990 (Off Property), WDW: May 1997 (P.O.), DLR -1: June 1998 (Off Property), C.P. Cast Memeber Sept 1999 - Jan 2000 (Vista Way): DLR #2: Aug 2000 (Off Property), WDW: Yearly Past Holder Aug 2003 - March 2009 DLR: Yearly Past Holder April 2011 - April 2012
And coming soon ... WDW-4: March 2013 (ASMu)
Twitter ID: @Majik9
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #549
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This might be possible.

Imagine that you are staying on-site, but not buying tickets through Disney. You have paper tickets from UT, AAA, your non-expiring ticket stash, wherever. You'll be issued a magic band when you check in at your resort, but don't link your paper tickets to your online profile. Those paper tickets would still work in the old-school FP machines and you would receive other band-related MyMagic+ services.

Last edited by dadddio; 01-11-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #550
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Our tickets are part of our package, too, so I think they would show up in the system if it were operational. I have searched the MDE website and mobile apps high and low to make sure I'm not missing a way to add more information (including fastpass+), so I agree that it's just not active yet.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #551
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj4disney View Post
Agree with comments that these changes are having a huge negative effect on Disney veterans. I have a co-worker who's also been a big Disney fan, and as two analytical geeks we have discussed this to death, and the bottom line is always the same...Disney has made the calculation to trade off a certain portion of their loyal base in order to try to attract a greater number of new recruits.

So after many visits over the past five years, my family is pulling the trigger on passing on Disneyworld for our next vacation. Will see how this whole thing plays out, but at the moment I'm not sure when we'll return, as it is now impossible for my family to have the type of vacation that made us repeat customers.
how are these changes having a huge negative effect on Disney veterens? It hasn't even been implemented. I guess if you mean having to read through the many many fastpass+ threads than yes, i guess that is a negative.

i personally do not care where you go on vacation but you are basing your opinion and decision off of something that is not fully implemented and instead off of what people are guessing what it will end up being off of rumors.

if you already know all of the facts and how it has slready negatively affected one person, please share them.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #552
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

My real disappointment right now is that Disney hasn't disclosed everything. I hate this parceling out information nonsense. You make an announcement about this grand initiative but give us no details on how it works. For heaven's sake just tell us what's going on! I can't believe that the execs are sitting there reading all the blowback (and I'm sure they know about the DIS and other sites) and thinking it's okay.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #553
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKelly View Post

Can you turn on airplane mode but leave wifi on?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #554
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
Can you turn on airplane mode but leave wifi on?
That can be done in the phone settings, yes.

WiFi connection active, phone connection inactive.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:40 AM   #555
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
OK, not trying to be daft, but I arrive for my Disneymoon on 1/27... FP+ will not be up yet, correct? How does FP work now? What should I prepare for? btw, it's a family DIsneymoon (2 kids, 6 & 12)

Thanks!
As far as we know right now, no, FP+ will not be in use by that time.

But stay tuned...Disney could announce a date anytime.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: