Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #526
mummabear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
But the real question is what happens if they roll it out on April 5..... Will you get an email 60days before hand to let you have the time to set up FP+ or will you have to make them on the fly after its rolled out?

This is my big fear....
Me too for my trip May 22nd-June 4th...
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #527
erinkpoole
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie

Where did you find this info?
And is it just check in?
It's a top news story on the Dis home page.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #528
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigAWL View Post
*** Spoiler Alert *** a little doom and gloom ahead ***
Unless there's still something we're missing (and there very well could be), Disney had to know that WDW veterans who have spent years perfecting their FP maximization strategies were going to HATE this FP+ idea. But I think they view that demographic as such a small part of their revenue stream, that they are willing to lose some good will there, and maybe completely lose a few loyal fans altogether. But you know what? There will be thousands more to replace us, as new parents start bringing their kids - parents who never knew there was an old version of FP. And they're going to LOVE FP+ (maybe because of marketing as much as anything else), and they're going to be the new die-hard fans who want to keep coming back.

Sorry, I'll stop talking about this now. Just my little opinion on something that we still know very little (officially) about.
I don't know. Among the casual visitors that I know Disney already seems to have the reputation of being too crowded with too many lines to wait in. Some of us are worried that the lines will be even worse now and will the three fastpasses really be enough to thrill the regular visitor?

You could be right but I wonder if that's all there is.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #529
tj4disney
Mouseketeer

Agree with comments that these changes are having a huge negative effect on Disney veterans. I have a co-worker who's also been a big Disney fan, and as two analytical geeks we have discussed this to death, and the bottom line is always the same...Disney has made the calculation to trade off a certain portion of their loyal base in order to try to attract a greater number of new recruits.

So after many visits over the past five years, my family is pulling the trigger on passing on Disneyworld for our next vacation. Will see how this whole thing plays out, but at the moment I'm not sure when we'll return, as it is now impossible for my family to have the type of vacation that made us repeat customers.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #530
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl View Post
I went to see if mine did that and all my reservations are back to being "lost" and not connected to the new website.

Mine say my phone number doesn't match, but I tried all three that could have been in my profile at any time, and none of them work.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #531
Majik9
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkpoole View Post
My vote for the less desirable fast pass offers is

Fastpass- (fastpass negative)!

The 60 day online check in rolled out today. Do we have any Dissers who checked in and were able to schedule Fastpass+?
We are 47 days out and did the online check in 3 days ago. No Fastpass + showing up, other than in the family members profiles under reservations it notes 1 hotel stay 5 ADR's and 0 Vurtual Tickets and 0 Fastpass + Arrival times.
Past Trips to Disneyworld, and Disneyland: WDW-1: Feb 1987 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 1989 (Off Property), WDW-3: Mar 1990 (Off Property), WDW: May 1997 (P.O.), DLR -1: June 1998 (Off Property), C.P. Cast Memeber Sept 1999 - Jan 2000 (Vista Way): DLR #2: Aug 2000 (Off Property), WDW: Yearly Past Holder Aug 2003 - March 2009 DLR: Yearly Past Holder April 2011 - April 2012
And coming soon ... WDW-4: March 2013 (ASMu)
Twitter ID: @Majik9
Old 01-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #532
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyf31 View Post
But what if you already have your dining reservations (180 days) but then they decide to reroute guests after the 60 day mark. So now I am stuck in a crowded park and can't park hop because of either dining or FP+ .
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Welcome to the maze!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
I think the system is meant to be dynamic. They are able to send out notices to a group of people, people all at one store, people all in one fastpass line, people who haven't gone through the MK gates, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
Well, how will they know data this specific?

FIXES!

We need more FIXES!

-

Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #533
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
One up on bus dispatch I once waited at S&D at RD and had 2 DTD buses in a row. At 9:00 AM!
It's not unusual to find multiple buses routed to the same destination, especially on the runs that serve multiple resorts (or internal stops at resorts.)
i.e. Swan-Dolphin-Yacht-Beach-Boardwalk can have single bus serving multiples of those stops.
Likewise at Caribbean Beach, with so many internal stops.

If there are a lot of riders (and strollers) that board (and fill a bus) at the earlier stops on the run, the second bus can take on more guests.
Also, in the case of boarding wheelchair/EVC guests, that can allow for more EVC guests to ride to the destination due to additional slots on additional buses.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #534
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik9 View Post
We are 47 days out and did the online check in 3 days ago. No Fastpass + showing up, other than in the family members profiles under reservations it notes 1 hotel stay 5 ADR's and 0 Vurtual Tickets and 0 Fastpass + Arrival times.
Does no virtual tickets mean that you haven't linked your My Disney Experience (MDE) with park tickets yet? If you don't have tickets linked then you won't be able to book FP+?

If this FP+ thing was up and running, minimally a person would need a MDE account and linked tickets to get started (and be within the 60 day window). Resorts don't matter because anybody on or off site can participate fully after rollout is complete.

And the other the thing that has been deliberately vague...

Do we know if guests get 3 FP+ everyday of their trip? If I stay 10 days, will I get 30 passes to use when it is all said and done if I am dilligent, not counting all the "special" bonus offer consolation FP. Or will there be a cap on FP+?
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #535
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
FIXES!

We need more FIXES!

-
I do like the rainbow effect of the bracelets in your signature pics.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM   #536
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But that is the thing, Disney will alert you about parks estimated attendance in a subtle way, sending you offers. By that time, that park won't be empty anymore because people would have already switched to that park.
Ex.
Lets say MK was getting full while Epcot was nearly empty, Disney will send offers out to everyone going to MK saying that Epcot was empty and they should switch there, giving them an extra FP+ credit. Everyone will switch to Epcot and MK will become empty
Just like a big ole game of Whack-A-Mole!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:00 AM   #537
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

I started poking around in MyDisney again..

You can view past reservations.

It fond my hotel reservations from Epcot's 30th last year and all of my dining reservations straight through September of 2011.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #538
Melodious
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo

FIXES!

We need more FIXES!

-
I don't think having a dynamic system is a fix, I think it's the point. I think the Dis is so caught up in FP that we're not thinking about the larger system.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #539
seashoreCM
All around nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100
But that is the thing, Disney will alert you about parks estimated attendance in a subtle way, sending you offers. By that time, that park won't be empty anymore because people would have already switched to that park.

Lets say MK was getting full while Epcot was nearly empty, Disney will send offers out to everyone going to MK saying that Epcot was empty and they should switch there, giving them an extra FP+ credit.
It would have to be same-day. And delivered by means other than smart phone which not everyone possesses.

What if the fastpass kiosk put out, instead of a bonus fastpass, a "bonus one time usage same day park hop coupon"? The new system knows what kind of ticket (base?) you have and that may get some but not too many people to leave for a less crowded park.
Hotel scam! Someone "from the front desk" calls your room phone or knocks on the door, usually after midnight, asking for your credit card number to complete your billing or you will be kicked out. Don't give it to him. It can wait until dawn when you stop by the front desk. This includes Disney's resorts too.

Last edited by seashoreCM; 01-11-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #540
Boski
Mouseketeer

Has it been stated (and I apologize as I have not read all the T&Cs that were officially released) that you can go forward with the band/linking your CC/personal data (so that these rumored interactive experiences can happen) and simply not do the FP+. Or is it if you sign up for all these items then you have to use FP+? If Disney wants to send me a 20% coupon for a gift shop I'm near I'm fine with that and heck may take advantage. I think it might be cool if PUSH knows my name. But we are a FP/Park Hopping family and would like to continue to tour that way for as long as Disney lets us.
2012(August): Beach Club
2013(Sept): Beach Club
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: