Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #511
Sammie
DIS Veteran
 
Sammie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Fantasyland
Posts: 20,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
Once Disney has all this data of how many people are scheduled to be which park for 60 days in advance. How will they use this system to even out crowds? Do you think people will get offers of extra FP+ to change their plans for the day?

AND I hope that data becomes available so we can choose our park wisely. I would love to know in advance how many people are pre-booked in each park.
Yes I do. Don't hold your breath on them sharing any data, that is one thing they are consistent about.
Sammie is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #512
phineasfan100
Mouseketeer
 
phineasfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook
Once Disney has all this data of how many people are scheduled to be which park for 60 days in advance. How will they use this system to even out crowds? Do you think people will get offers of extra FP+ to change their plans for the day?

AND I hope that data becomes available so we can choose our park wisely. I would love to know in advance how many people are pre-booked in each park.
But that is the thing, Disney will alert you about parks estimated attendance in a subtle way, sending you offers. By that time, that park won't be empty anymore because people would have already switched to that park.
Ex.
Lets say MK was getting full while Epcot was nearly empty, Disney will send offers out to everyone going to MK saying that Epcot was empty and they should switch there, giving them an extra FP+ credit. Everyone will switch to Epcot and MK will become empty
__________________
'04-CBR '07-Swan '12-Dolphin


Last edited by phineasfan100; 01-10-2013 at 09:37 PM.
phineasfan100 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #513
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
But that is the thing, Disney will alert you about parks estimated attendance in a subtle way, sending you offers. By that time, that park won't be empty anymore because people would have already switched to that park.
It's like a maze, and I keep running into dead ends!
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #514
shelbyf31
Mouseketeer
 
shelbyf31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 174

But what if you already have your dining reservations (180 days) but then they decide to reroute guests after the 60 day mark. So now I am stuck in a crowded park and can't park hop because of either dining or FP+ .
__________________
shelbyf31 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #515
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyf31 View Post
But what if you already have your dining reservations (180 days) but then they decide to reroute guests after the 60 day mark. So now I am stuck in a crowded park and can't park hop because of either dining or FP+ .
Welcome to the maze!
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #516
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
Ex.
Lets say MK was getting full while Epcot was nearly empty, Disney will send offers out to everyone going to MK saying that Epcot was empty and they should switch there, giving them an extra FP+ credit. Everyone will switch to Epcot and MK will become empty
I don't think so. I think the system is meant to be dynamic. They are able to send out notices to a group of people, people all at one store, people all in one fastpass line, people who haven't gone through the MK gates, etc.
__________________
Melodious is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #517
phineasfan100
Mouseketeer
 
phineasfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious

I don't think so. I think the system is meant to be dynamic. They are able to send out notices to a group of people, people all at one store, people all in one fastpass line, people who haven't gone through the MK gates, etc.
Well, how will they know data this specific?
__________________
'04-CBR '07-Swan '12-Dolphin

phineasfan100 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #518
erinkpoole
Mouseketeer
 
erinkpoole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 76

My vote for the less desirable fast pass offers is

Fastpass- (fastpass negative)!

The 60 day online check in rolled out today. Do we have any Dissers who checked in and were able to schedule Fastpass+?
erinkpoole is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #519
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
Well, how will they know data this specific?
It sounded to me like there were going to be a lot of scanners so they'll be able to know where people are and aggregate that data. Such as if you're standing by a scanner in the Emporium but you haven't bought anything in a certain period of time, maybe they send you a discount. Maybe if you've scanned your bracelet to use a FP+ and the ride breaks down they send everyone in line a message. They'll know how many people are standing at the AKL bus stop at the MK. People who have FP+ scheduled at MK but haven't scanned into that park that day, might get a message about getting FPs at Epcot.
__________________
Melodious is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #520
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkpoole
My vote for the less desirable fast pass offers is

Fastpass- (fastpass negative)!

The 60 day online check in rolled out today. Do we have any Dissers who checked in and were able to schedule Fastpass+?
Where did you find this info?
And is it just check in?
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is online now  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #521
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodious View Post
It sounded to me like there were going to be a lot of scanners so they'll be able to know where people are and aggregate that data. Such as if you're standing by a scanner in the Emporium but you haven't bought anything in a certain period of time, maybe they send you a discount. Maybe if you've scanned your bracelet to use a FP+ and the ride breaks down they send everyone in line a message. They'll know how many people are standing at the AKL bus stop at the MK. People who have FP+ scheduled at MK but haven't scanned into that park that day, might get a message about getting FPs at Epcot.
That is a clever idea. Are they planning on having these rfid scanners at the bus stops? It sure would be nice if the bus distribution center knew how many people were sitting waiting at the bus stops waiting for a ride.
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #522
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!
 
Jennasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The Triad, NC
Posts: 24,779

I just learned that we are staying at BWV in March (thought we were staying at BCV but our DVC relative who booked it for us made a switch, so BWV it is...) so I'm now really concerned that we'll be among the guinea pigs. When I linked our reservations in the My Disney Experience site online it DID give us the option of checking in now...but I didn't do it yet since we will likely buy our tickets from Disney to add to our MDE account so we can bypass the check in desk and ticket line. We are hoping to go straight to the park.
__________________
Jennasis is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #523
phineasfan100
Mouseketeer
 
phineasfan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

That is a clever idea. Are they planning on having these rfid scanners at the bus stops? It sure would be nice if the bus distribution center knew how many people were sitting waiting at the bus stops waiting for a ride.
One up on bus dispatch I once waited at S&D at RD and had 2 DTD buses in a row. At 9:00 AM!
__________________
'04-CBR '07-Swan '12-Dolphin

phineasfan100 is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #524
bcrook
DIS Veteran

 
bcrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
I just learned that we are staying at BWV in March (thought we were staying at BCV but our DVC relative who booked it for us made a switch, so BWV it is...) so I'm now really concerned that we'll be among the guinea pigs. When I linked our reservations in the My Disney Experience site online it DID give us the option of checking in now...but I didn't do it yet since we will likely buy our tickets from Disney to add to our MDE account so we can bypass the check in desk and ticket line. We are hoping to go straight to the park.
So, this early in the game it isn't going to be necessary to get FP+... Stick with the FP- or convert to FP+? What are you leaning towards? I am not sure what I would do. Probably stick with regular for March.
__________________
-Barry
  • FP+ original discussions "What we know, what we want to know" can be found at this site.
  • Best WDW insider fact or story thread.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
bcrook is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #525
Melodious
DIS Veteran
 
Melodious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
That is a clever idea. Are they planning on having these rfid scanners at the bus stops? It sure would be nice if the bus distribution center knew how many people were sitting waiting at the bus stops waiting for a ride.
I don't have any inside information, but it seemed like there would be many scanners, some hidden. By having a dynamic system, they can not only respond to guests quicker, but they can also cut resources when it's not needed
__________________
Melodious is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: