Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #376
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
They currently can't ride tsm. The fps would give by then anyway under the current system. They at least have a better chance on the new system.
They absolutely can ride TSM - they just need to ride standby.

But yes, the new system would appear to allow them a better chance.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #377
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Well, that and the whole Resort Guests and Day Guest and all Ticket Holders are equal. No benefits for resort guests and no intention of there being any at a later date. Even footing for everyone.
Oops...yes, that too.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #378
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf

Well, that and the whole Resort Guests and Day Guest and all Ticket Holders are equal. No benefits for resort guests and no intention of there being any at a later date. Even footing for everyone.
Very revealing they want offsite, locals and onsite to be equal, don't you think? Really does Suggest advertising is the name of the game, along with crowd control.

Makes sense, they couldn't allow a significant proportion of park guests to go unobserved and Unappealed to for souvenirs etc... Less scope for profit. I can see offsite guests using their ticket number to access the my magic site and seeing ads like "Not too late to stay onsite! The ... Resort is still available at a great rate!" Or "can't quite stretch to a deluxe visit at a WDW resort? Try a unique dining experience at..." Followed by the name of whatever restaurant they haven't yet filled up completely. Not to mention souvenirs, snacks, ride adverts.

Good for onsite people in that they can prebook fastpass plusses just like onsite I guess.

The direct from Disney tickets and prices aren't quite as attractive, but hey ho.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:25 PM   #379
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

No matter what happens, I am not spending one friggin' cent more on my Disney vacations than we currently do. I will not pay to upgrade to a "fancy band"...I will not pay extra for more FP. I will take whatever comes with our room/tix/pkg but I flat out refuse to spend anything else on upgrades. They get enough of my money for a room, park tix, food and the occasional trading pin. They can "target market" me till the cows come home but I'm not buying.

We are so very near the cusp of being priced out of a Disney vacation as it is. I love Disney so much it hurts. But I can't afford more than we spend right now.

I am really worried that the whole FP+ thing is going to blow up in Disney's face and they're going to look foolish when it is a raging failure...like the whole New Coke debacle. I hope I'm wrong...i really do.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #380
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis
No matter what happens, I am not spending one friggin' cent more on my Disney vacations than we currently do. I will not pay to upgrade to a "fancy band"...I will not pay extra for more FP. I will take whatever comes with our room/tix/pkg but I flat out refuse to spend anything else on upgrades. They get enough of my money for a room, park tix, food and the occasional trading pin. They can "target market" me till the cows come home but I'm not buying.

We are so very near the cusp of being priced out of a Disney vacation as it is. I love Disney so much it hurts. But I can't afford more than we spend right now.

I am really worried that the whole FP+ thing is going to blow up in Disney's face and they're going to look foolish when it is a raging failure...like the whole New Coke debacle. I hope I'm wrong...i really do.
I'm already priced out along with my family... This is only affecting my decision on if I want to ever go back if I can get some income together in the future. Based on current equal footing situation being presented for onsite and offsite, similar to old fp in that respect, ill keep trying to get back.

But I agree with you, they won't really affect my spending. But I think we are a rare breed on this site (I myself am rarer than most in demographic and circumstance...) so who knows, it might be a big success.

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #381
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill

They absolutely can ride TSM - they just need to ride standby.

But yes, the new system would appear to allow them a better chance.
Correct. People who currently take a late flight and get in to wdw at 11am-1 pm and choose to go to dhs can stand in the standby line. They have virtually no chance of getting an fp.

Under the new system they also can stand in the standby line. But now will have the possibility of having an fp+.

I'm just a little tired I guess of the doom and gloom of fp+. Just too many days of it. It's a change and it is interesting and will be slightly stressful. But Splash Mt is not going to spontaneously combust due to radio frequency. I've been waiting for someone to suggest wearing aluminum foil hats to protect ourselves.

And thank goodness someone actually found proof of what I've been saying the terms and conditions have indicated from the start: Disney is NOT going universal's route of tiering guests ride experience based on money.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #382
larryz
Looking for the perfect vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
They could just put up a 70mm slide that said, "Thanks for Soarin' with us today!"
Then, lower the seats and send guests on their way.

Fixed it for you...

Last edited by larryz; 01-09-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #383
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Info dump direct from Disney.....
But did they dump any info about what happened in Benghazi?
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #384
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

A little off topic, but related. Suddenly, I think today, I can create profiles for everyone in my travel party on the new WDW website....I mean as soon as I switched over I could do some of that but now I am seeing more options like the group members fast passes, character pictures and ability to specify guest for resservations. To really utilize the service, I am gonna need to set up profiles for :everyone in my travel party. A first world problem for sure, but still gonna take some time. Now some folks in my group are not so tech savy...and I've had to re-add things several times with all the WDW website updates...thinking I wait and have them register just before we leave this summer....

hmmm.. I wonder if I am gonna have to re-add my celebrations....
Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #385
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

The first time my husband and I went to Disney we had no clue what we were doing. I had a vague touring plan (via ridemax) and my TA made dining reservations. Other than that, knew nothing. Heck I didn't even know there were four parks (sad). We used fastpass to something (can't remember now) but it returned a "bonus" Mickey's Philharmagic" fastpass. It was not something we were planning on doing, but guess what...that bonus fastpass made us hop right over there and we enjoyed it. My point is, I think this is part of fastpass+, too. Offer fastpass incentives to distribute guests in the park. Worked on us. By the way I have learned A LOT since that trip.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #386
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaG View Post
A little off topic, but related. Suddenly, I think today, I can create profiles for everyone in my travel party on the new WDW website....I mean as soon as I switched over I could do some of that but now I am seeing more options like the group members fast passes, character pictures and ability to specify guest for resservations. To really utilize the service, I am gonna need to set up profiles for :everyone in my travel party. A first world problem for sure, but still gonna take some time. Now some folks in my group are not so tech savy...and I've had to re-add things several times with all the WDW website updates...thinking I wait and have them register just before we leave this summer....

hmmm.. I wonder if I am gonna have to re-add my celebrations....
I have set up 9 profiles. My daughter was able to accept the connection and my son, of course the kids have no trouble. My wife and mother have given up after much coaching. It isn't easy.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #387
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf View Post
The first time my husband and I went to Disney we had no clue what we were doing. I had a vague touring plan (via ridemax) and my TA made dining reservations. Other than that, knew nothing. Heck I didn't even know there were four parks (sad). We used fastpass to something (can't remember now) but it returned a "bonus" Mickey's Philharmagic" fastpass. It was not something we were planning on doing, but guess what...that bonus fastpass made us hop right over there and we enjoyed it. My point is, I think this is part of fastpass+, too. Offer fastpass incentives to distribute guests in the park. Worked on us. By the way I have learned A LOT since that trip.
This is exactly the model. That is a very good story. Thanks for sharing. It is a great testimony for how some new customers will think this is magical. And apparently 60% of patrons are first time visitors.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:00 PM   #388
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
This is exactly the model. That is a very good story. Thanks for sharing. It is a great testimony for how some new customers will think this is magical. And apparently 60% of patrons are first time visitors.
We all know that is not the case at DLR though (they have a much lower percentage of first time visitors).

Does everyone think they will do the same thing there?

Word is they will start time enforcement later this month. But that could just be rumor.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #389
ftballfan7
DIS Veteran

3 fastpasses a day...... AWESOME!!! Thanks alot Disney for making "My Experience" a whole lot less magical. THIS BLOWS!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #390
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Let's summarize...

We know that EVERYONE who wants to be on the bracelet can get on the bracelet. I think that is goal number one of Disney - (mom2rtk called it the gateway drug.)

Everyone will have 3 FP+ in advance IF they want them, if they link a ticket to their My Disney Experience in advance. No perk or benefit for staying on site. Everything is equal.

The prevailing strategy is to log in as early as you can, grab FP+ for the afternoon for hot rides, and tour early on standby. Two ideas are floating around about this. 1. Most people won't go to RD because they will afternoon fastpasses - so RD could become more valuable. OR 2. Everybody is going to have to make it to RD in hopes of actually getting to ride some rides because 3 measly FP in a day will cramp their styles.

There is still much controversy about number of FP:
Option 1) 3 ADVANCE FP+ (for parades, rides that use regular FP, Fireworks, Meet and Greets) but everyone will also be able to access FP+ just like the old FP system, take what's available but only one every two hours or so. The only reason FP+ and FP- are able together is simply a technology problem right but Disney fully intends to expand that to all guests in the near future. Or
Option 2) FP+ is 3 on most days and the old way of FPing is going extinct. Book ahead or forget about it.

Everyone is willing to admit that one of Disney's goals is to control crowds by sending text and app updates to move people to underutilized areas of the parks. Everyone is ready for the full frontal attack of the Disney Advertisement (and it appears most are fine with it.)

Now I have a big question...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: