Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #361
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAustin View Post
I guess we can expect more ride downtime.
Translation: Lower ride capacity. Not higher.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #362
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
But they usually decided the NIGHT before based on their schedule, it was a LAST minute decision. They bought their tickets at the gate, Now if they call the night before we will have to stop what we are doing to get everyone online to see if there are an FP+ available and they have to buy tickets the night before.

It messes up last minute locals from enjoying the parks, they already struggle to get last minute ADRs at popular places.
Equal access does not guarantee an equal result.

They have just as much of an opportunity to make reservations in advance as anyone else.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #363
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Am I right in saying that if you have FP+ you can not use the FP- system...

But we do not know if once you are at the park if you can add more FPs to the FP+ via the kiosk or cell phone?

Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #364
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Am I right in saying that if you have FP+ you can not use the FP- system...

But we do not know if once you are at the park if you can add more FPs to the FP+ via the kiosk or cell phone?
Yes.

Though in theory it has been tested and thus stated by the test terms that if you fail to make a FP+ return time, you can reschedule based on availability day-of.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #365
Mkrop
I just cant go on demand
Hi my name is Mkop and I am a cart leaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Equal access does not guarantee an equal result.

They have just as much of an opportunity to make reservations in advance as anyone else.
Yes they do but sometimes work schedules dont allow for that...but before all of this they could at least have the same access to FPs as everyone else who walked in the park at the same time they did. Even myself, if I decided to jump on a plane from PA for a quick trip, I may not be able to eat at Le Cellier but I could have the same opportunity to ride TSMM as everyone else whether I booked my trip the night before or 1 year before.
June 2008 Contemporary
Dec 2008 Boardwalk Inn
June 2009 Disneyland Hotel and DCA
Jan 2010 DVC Boardwalk Villas
Dec 2010 DVC BLT
July-Aug 2011 Disneyland Park Vue Inn
Dec 2011 DVC BW
July 2012 DVC BC
Dec 2013 DVC AKL/BW
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #366
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkrop View Post
Yes they do but sometimes work schedules dont allow for that...but before all of this they could at least have the same access to FPs as everyone else who walked in the park at the same time they did. Even myself, if I decided to jump on a plane from PA for a quick trip, I may not be able to eat at Le Cellier but I could have the same opportunity to ride TSMM as everyone else whether I booked my trip the night before or 1 year before.
..if you arrive at DHS at 9am. What about people with flights that arrive early morning who will only have 1 park day? From like 11 to close? Do they not deserve to ride Toy Story Mania with a FP...?

What about those with odd sleep schedules? What about if I just don't like breakfast? What if I have to work in the morning or take an important phone call? What if I oversleep?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:23 PM   #367
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

And for the record, most guests arrive in to a park between 11am and 1pm. The current system caters to a minority.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #368
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Info dump direct from Disney, watch the video in the article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...fid-wristbands

3 per day, Resort guests not given additional or priority. Ability to give more as the crowds/day dictates, but 3 is the norm. "We believe this should be a benefit to everyone, so everyone will have the same access" - info from Executive VP on the project, speaking directly to camera/reporter. "In Wide Use This Spring."
Old 01-09-2013, 05:48 PM   #369
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf
Info dump direct from Disney, watch the video in the article:

http://blogs.computerworld.com/priva...fid-wristbands

3 per day, Resort guests not given additional or priority. Ability to give more as the crowds/day dictates, but 3 is the norm. "We believe this should be a benefit to everyone, so everyone will have the same access" - info from Executive VP on the project, speaking directly to camera/reporter. "In Wide Use This Spring."
Wow. So offsite get the same access after all then, I guess the guy who suggested offsite visitors will just use ticket or AP numbers not package numbers to get the exact same access as onsite was right. I guess the unique selling point for the resorts will be the other benefits of the wristband that they get free as opposed to an RFID ticket and touch to pay. I can't imagine it costing more than 40 dollars anyway though... Unless they really gouged the heck out of it. I still think I'd prefer an RFID card in my wallet anyway.

So... Seems with similar access to the system, this was indeed more about advertising to everyone they can and park crowd control than switching people to stay at Disney. Beyond a free band and some resort unique benefits like the roomkey function, is there anything they get that offsite don't?

On that note, I just realised uk visitors might have to pay uk prices to book fp plus in advance. We always bought at the gate due to mice exchange rates. Hmm.
(All Offsite, 14 Days. WDW, US/IOA, SeaWorld and KSC)

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 07, London 08 and 09, Malta 07/2011.

NEXT TRIP: Unknown
Old 01-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #370
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik

You never saw me on here saying that FP enforcement must be started prior to the announcement of the rollout.
Lol
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #371
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:

Yes.

Though in theory it has been tested and thus stated by the test terms that if you fail to make a FP+ return time, you can reschedule based on availability day-of.
Ok...
But we still don't know, that if you use all of you allotment of 3 or 4 if you can add more right?
As long as you are I the park and they are available?
Is this right

Old 01-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #372
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:

..if you arrive at DHS at 9am. What about people with flights that arrive early morning who will only have 1 park day? From like 11 to close? Do they not deserve to ride Toy Story Mania with a FP...?

What about those with odd sleep schedules? What about if I just don't like breakfast? What if I have to work in the morning or take an important phone call? What if I oversleep?
They currently can't ride tsm. The fps would give by then anyway under the current system. They at least have a better chance on the new system.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:05 PM   #373
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
Thanks for the insight. Was the information I was looking for other than hearing people speculate about maximum ride capacities and Disney not being able to do anything to increase capacity on their attractions.
I'm a bit confused...why does mousemerf's anecdote on reducing staff answer a question on whether Disney can increase capacity?

Of COURSE if they are underutilizing an attraction, they can add staff/resources and increase it, if the need is there. But at some point you reach an absolute maximum at most attractions - and at those where it can be argued that you can just keep reducing times to increase capacity, there are diminishing returns. If you keep shortening the length, more and more guests will deem the wait not worth it.

In some cases, however, you might shorten the length of a show and see MORE than the expected increase in utilization. In some cases, guests may skip an attraction because it is _too_ long...in which case reducing the length could attract more guests.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #374
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Ok...
But we still don't know, that if you use all of you allotment of 3 or 4 if you can add more right?
As long as you are I the park and they are available?
Is this right
All the video said in that regard is that they might grant additional FP+s based on availability, mood, etc., which is in keeping with the T&C. The real new information is that the plan is currently three FP+ in advance, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #375
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
All the video said in that regard is that they might grant additional FP+s based on availability, mood, etc., which is in keeping with the T&C. The real new information is that the plan is currently three FP+ in advance, straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.
Well, that and the whole Resort Guests and Day Guest and all Ticket Holders are equal. No benefits for resort guests and no intention of there being any at a later date. Even footing for everyone.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: