Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:16 PM   #211
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phineasfan100 View Post
I completely disagree with FP+. The days of just walking in a park and riding attractions on the spot is over. I think FP+ is really a huge marketing scheme in search of more PROFIT. This is what I think Disney is trying to do...

-Charge for extra FP+ credits-$$$
-Control ADRs by making them count as a FP+ credit, causing people to buy more or stay on-site-$$$
-Keep people on property by filling up resort rooms by giving a premium to WDW resort guests-$$$
-Eventually phase out original FP, saving paper and ultimately $$$
-Give people a very small amount of FP+ credits, increasing sales of extra FP+ credits or rooms-$$$
-Discouraging guests to pay in cash, therefore create a false illusion of NOT spending, urging them to spend MORE (kinda like KTTW, but different, off-site guests included)-$$$
-Reserving parades and fireworks, lessening the need for crowd-control CMs-$$$
-Allow guests to stay in their rooms when they would have normally been at the park rushing for FPs, allowing guests to sleep in and stay until closing and/or go to DTD-$$$
Disney hasn't hidden that they like to make money. I like to make money too. That's why I go to work. Water parks (Great Wolf for example) already have RFID bracelets and there is real data that customers spend 15-20% more inside. And they don't have to charge extra to ride the water slides or admission. Disney hasn't hidden this agenda.

And I'm confused why it's bad and money grubbing to let guests sleep in. Do guests spend more at 1 am than they do at 8 am???

And I seriously, seriously doubt that Disney wants more complaints about the unfairness of life. They are trying to make customers HAPPIER and happy customers equals greater profit.

I like happy. I'm not saying I'm 100% on board for fp+ yet, there are too many unknowns. I just think it's silly to be mad at Disney for wanting to turn a profit.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #212
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

We have a trip planned in June, off site (gasp) and all this fastpass+ is scaring me.
So question...how long before Disney started enforcing fast pass return times was the announcement made?

Looking ahead I'm hoping that any announcement about a total usage of fastpass+ (I'm assuming all onsite guests and no offsite because I talked to a CM who said off site guests would not have the option for fastpass+) would be in about that same window. Just hoping the longer they delay the announcement, the less likely to mess up my June trip.

CM also acted like traditional fastpass wasn't going away ever but I'm not sure how reliable he was.

Last question, if I'm purchasing photo pass I get a bracelet (if I understand correctly). However since I'm offsite I can't use fastpass+. How do I get my traditional fastpass with the bracelet? Will I have a ticket for entrance and a bracelet for photo pass?

Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #213
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmhf
We have a trip planned in June, off site (gasp) and all this fastpass+ is scaring me.
So question...how long before Disney started enforcing fast pass return times was the announcement made?

Looking ahead I'm hoping that any announcement about a total usage of fastpass+ (I'm assuming all onsite guests and no offsite because I talked to a CM who said off site guests would not have the option for fastpass+) would be in about that same window. Just hoping the longer they delay the announcement, the less likely to mess up my June trip.

CM also acted like traditional fastpass wasn't going away ever but I'm not sure how reliable he was.

Last question, if I'm purchasing photo pass I get a bracelet (if I understand correctly). However since I'm offsite I can't use fastpass+. How do I get my traditional fastpass with the bracelet? Will I have a ticket for entrance and a bracelet for photo pass?

Thanks!
A CM told you that off site guests wouldnt be able to use FP+?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #214
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz View Post
A CM told you that off site guests wouldnt be able to use FP+?
Maybe it was a bus driver?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #215
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Bus driver..... Hehehe... Reliable!!!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #216
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk

Yep. Actually I called disney today to find out if I had a pin code and that CM told me. I even said I'd heard that it would be available eventually to off site guests and he said he didn't think so that they would still have regular fast past. But he also told me the promotion for right now was Stay Play and Dine so....I was less than convinced of his accuracy.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #217
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yep. Actually I called disney today to find out if I had a pin code and that CM told me. I even said I'd heard that it would be available eventually to off site guests and he said he didn't think so that they would still have regular fast past. But he also told me the promotion for right now was Stay Play and Dine so....I was less than convinced of his accuracy.
I dont think the phone reservation people know more than we do....
Old 01-08-2013, 09:56 PM   #218
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

I dont think the phone reservation people know more than we do....
That's good to know. I figured that anyway based on what he was saying.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #219
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:

That's good to know. I figured that anyway based on what he was saying.
See ya in June! Hopefully on a short line for a few FP!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #220
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Disney hasn't hidden that they like to make money. I like to make money too. That's why I go to work. Water parks (Great Wolf for example) already have RFID bracelets and there is real data that customers spend 15-20% more inside. And they don't have to charge extra to ride the water slides or admission. Disney hasn't hidden this agenda.

And I'm confused why it's bad and money grubbing to let guests sleep in. Do guests spend more at 1 am than they do at 8 am???

And I seriously, seriously doubt that Disney wants more complaints about the unfairness of life. They are trying to make customers HAPPIER and happy customers equals greater profit.

I like happy. I'm not saying I'm 100% on board for fp+ yet, there are too many unknowns. I just think it's silly to be mad at Disney for wanting to turn a profit.
I am not looking forward to F&W in October with a bracelet that is going to help me spend 15-20% more! I spent a fortune at my last F&W, it will only get worse after a visit to LaCava (maybe I can FP+ a seat there).
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #221
mmmhf
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalluvdiz

See ya in June! Hopefully on a short line for a few FP!
Hope so!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 PM   #222
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoble82 View Post
I really hope regular fastpass doesn't go away. I likely won't use this plus thing. I don't really go to parades or fireworks. If there's a character I don't mind waiting in line and if its too long I just move on. At least I have till December to see what happens. I may shorten my trip depending on what I hear.
This analysis from mbrittb00 provides some interesting numbers showing how difficult it would be to support both platforms.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #223
meowmarie
DIS Veteran

A short video from NBC News of the RFID cards and magic bands in action....

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/travel...ands-1B7874882

11/14 OKW ~ 2/13 Pop ~ 2/12 DLR ~ 12/09 Pop ~ 8/08 FWC ~ 6 pre-2000 trips to WDW & DLR
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #224
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

Great thread! Thanks OP for gathering all this in one place!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #225
BeccaG
DIS Veteran

I am still working on reading and absorbing all this, and I totally understand the concerns that we will be left out of the fun if we don't want to super plan our day...but I am wondering, if folks are limited to 3 FP+ isn't that about the average most guest are getting now? Or do you think its more or less? Perhaps this won't have the impact on standby time we fear....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: