Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #1951
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
I'm specifically talking about headliner FP+ like TSM and Soarin'. He's maintained that there will be NO FP+ held in reserve, which means that unless people give up their FP+s voluntarily for them, there will be non available - unless the most highly touted feature of the system is underutilized, which could deem it a failure.

And that's something that could change with time. I expect it will be underutilized in the short term which will make it difficult to judge the true effects for a while.
Ok. And that last sentence is likely.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #1952
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Disney wants full price tickets purchased through them to be the majority of ticket sales. Guests hwo buy discounted tickets of any manner are giving up the perk.
Now THAT is very interesting info. That implies that Military, YES, RunDisney, etc. guests can just forget about FP+.

I'm sure UT would love to hear that.

And there is your increased spending with WDW right there.

Edit: I see your followup...but still, some groups are being treated less-equally. YES program participants already had to swallow greatly increased ticket prices.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1953
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now THAT is very interesting info. That implies that Military, YES, RunDisney, etc. guests can just forget about FP+.

I'm sure UT would love to hear that.

And there is your increased spending with WDW right there.
And that was an exit question on the surveys for the people who did the trial runs. Buying tickets through Disney only.
  • WDW Estimated Ride Capacities
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1954
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

UT's tickets have the barcode.

If you want proof the barcode is the key, go to your profile, click edit, and add credential.. then do an AP. It's by Barcode now, not the old AP specific identifiers. Barcodes are on all tickets.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #1955
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook

Actually those two items are most supported and valid. We have terms and conditions and V.P. affirming the first, and testing and mousermerf verified the second.
The VP didn't directly confirm the one and mousemerf hasn't shown the ability to confirm anything. The mere fact that he worked for the mouse nearly a decade ago does not prove that he knows everything that he claims. Sorry to be so blunt, by it is what it is.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #1956
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Another thought with FP+, is that people will be "forced" to purchase their tickets at least 2 months earlier than they might usually to access FP+. We always purchase our AP upon arrival, however now we would have to purchase it 2-3 months earlier to be able to make ride reservations.

Obviously Disney was still going to get their money eventually. However by purchasing the ticket months in advance people would be more "committed" to coming

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #1957
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadddio View Post
The VP didn't directly confirm the one and mousemerf hasn't shown the ability to confirm anything. The mere fact that he worked for the mouse nearly a decade ago does not prove that he knows everything that he claims. Sorry to be so blunt, by it is what it is.
Yes he did, he said "the intent right now is 3, there may be surprises offered during people's trips later, but the set number right now is 3"
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #1958
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Or maybe ......just once......... you could use a round of FP for every family member to allow your Mountain crazed tween to ride Space over and over!

BWAAAHHHHAHHAHHAHAHH!
It's called "FAMILY FASTPASS PLUS"!

Your group would have the option to "pool" FP+'s to individual bracelets by day.

EX: Family of 6-bringing Grandparents. G&G have no interest in rides so the kids can select additional FP+'s to S Mountain.

Or a family of 4 with "generous" parents can select QTY 2 TSM for each kid (4 total).

Source-my DD asked if the new system would be like we have at Mall Of America? You just buy say...100 points and simply scan your barcode and it deducts for how many get on the ride.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #1959
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
How does the EVP saying "We are going to let the guests select up to three..." not directly confirm it?
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1960
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1961
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, a couple thoughts. My husband (for being a Disney novice really ) seems to have pretty good thoughts on this. We talked about it at dinner again, and he had what I consider to be 2 very good thoughts.

1) Will EMH be the "go-to" time for standby riding? Can we assume they won't have people scheduled with FP returns during EMH?

2) Hard ticket parties could be the best overall bet for ride access. I could see going to Disney during the fall/winter (party season, which is when we go anyway) and just buying a couple days of regular park tickets, but doing several hard ticket parties for all of my MK access.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #1962
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney_Princess83 View Post
Another thought with FP+, is that people will be "forced" to purchase their tickets at least 2 months earlier than they might usually to access FP+. We always purchase our AP upon arrival, however now we would have to purchase it 2-3 months earlier to be able to make ride reservations.

Obviously Disney was still going to get their money eventually. However by purchasing the ticket months in advance people would be more "committed" to coming
And Disney got your money earlier.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #1963
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, a couple thoughts. My husband (for being a Disney novice really ) seems to have pretty good thoughts on this. We talked about it at dinner again, and he had what I consider to be 2 very good thoughts.

1) Will EMH be the "go-to" time for standby riding? Can we assume they won't have people scheduled with Fp returns during EMH?

2) Hard ticket parties could be the best overall bet for ride access. I could see going to Disney during the fall/winter (party season, which is when we go anyway) and just buying a couple days of regular park tickets, but doing several hard ticket parties for all of my MK access.
I can't see them allowing FP+ scheduling during EMH because FP's weren't available during EMH previously.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #1964
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And Disney got your money earlier.
Exactly.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #1965
dadddio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf

Disney wants full price tickets purchased through them to be the majority of ticket sales. Guests hwo buy discounted tickets of any manner are giving up the perk.
That doesn't seem accurate. What is believed is that FP+ is for all and that all these people would need to do is enter their ticket number into their profile.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: