Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #181
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_A_ve View Post
And another thing... So today a paper ticket gets a fingerprint and this somewhat stops the resale of them after. With RFID tickets, I'm led to believe there won't be any more fingerprints, therefore the resale of used tickets would skyrocket?
At the current time at least finger scans (technically not fingerprints) are still being done with the RFID tickets. Doesn't look like they are going away.

Disney has also stopped selling No Expiration tickets online. There is some speculation that they may get rid of the option altogether, which would severely limit potential used ticket sales as well, but it appears to only be a decision not to sell the option on the web site at this time.

As an aside, I've heard that that RFID/finger scan combo has been around 25% more efficient (i.e. faster) than the normal turnstiles.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #182
Sunnywho
DIS Veteran

I am concerned about the loss of regular fastpass. Do you think Disney will reserve some fastpass slots so that they are released through fastpass+ during the day you are actually at a park? That way you don't have to run to Toy Story Mania but you can snag a fast pass while you are there that morning? Sorry if this has been covered already.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #183
estherhead
DIS Veteran

Anyone posted this link yet?

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/0...ic-technology/
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #184
DAZY3BYZ
DIS Veteran

Change is always tough and something I'm pretty resistant too. We are uber planners and used FP to its utmost to maximize rides and minimize waits for our family. While I'm trying to stay optimistic about FP+, the talk of it being 3FP+ per day and only one park I find incredibly limiting. We absolutely use FP more than 3 times per day and always park hop. Also, am I correct in understanding that the choices will be tiered? So you can't choose the 3 mtns for instance at MK or RnR, TT and TSM at DHS? How will this not now offer us less than what we had before with traditional FP? I really hope I'm wrong because this new system is sounding like a real downgrade in our Disney experience.

1999-ALL Star-sports; 2003- POR; 2004- POR; 2006 POR-POLY; 2007 POLY; 2009 POR-BC; 2010 POR-AKL
Old 01-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #185
stitch1094
Mouseketeer

OK - here is a very specific question to my situation.

I am a DVC member with a family of 6. On 12/31, I purchased 3 of the reduced priced PAP's (thats all I could afford at the time) through DVC member services. The DVC associate provided a confirmation number.

My next planned trip is July 4th. I was planning on picking up the 3 PAPs at that time and then purchase another 3 regular APs.

IF I do this, it sounds like I would NOT be able to book FP+. Is that correct?

IF I wanted to book FP+, I know I would need to purchase the 3 AP's but then what? How can I link the PAPs and APs to the Disney Experience website without actually having the passes in hand?

If I link the passes, the annual "clock" still doesnt start until the pass is used the first time, correct?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #186
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1094 View Post
OK - here is a very specific question to my situation.

I am a DVC member with a family of 6. On 12/31, I purchased 3 of the reduced priced PAP's (thats all I could afford at the time) through DVC member services. The DVC associate provided a confirmation number.
If you did not ask for them to be sent to you (for the extra $5), then you won't receive the "exchange certificates" that have the ticket information on them. We don't know if a confirmation number will work, because we simply do not know the mechanics of this part of the program yet. It's too early to speculate.

Quote:
My next planned trip is July 4th. I was planning on picking up the 3 PAPs at that time and then purchase another 3 regular APs.

IF I do this, it sounds like I would NOT be able to book FP+. Is that correct?
From the way it sounds right now, you would not be able to book FP+ experiences ahead of time for those people for whom you do not have ticket media for yet.

Quote:
IF I wanted to book FP+, I know I would need to purchase the 3 AP's but then what? How can I link the PAPs and APs to the Disney Experience website without actually having the passes in hand?
We still don't even know how to do it if you HAVE them in hand.

I have heard of people getting the necessary ticket codes for will-call APs by calling up, but I don't know that for certain. I think Disney's going to have to come up with a way though.

Quote:
If I link the passes, the annual "clock" still doesnt start until the pass is used the first time, correct?
That should not change at all.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #187
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Sorry if this has been asked..

I keep flip flopping on if we should do FP+ or not?
According to the news article a few posts ago.. The official release date will be coming in the spring..
This is when FP+ will be open to all park guest...

Our trip is in may.. If they pick an official release date before or during our trip..

This means there will be less FP- (paper) in the parks right?

And since the rules state we can't use both.. We are going to have to make a choice

I prefer FP-, b/c I know we can get 5-7 perday.. And FP+ limited you to 3..

But if there are going to be much less FP- to go around, we may not be able to get that many now..

What would you choose!?!?!

FIY: traveling with DD 6 and DD 1 < <<<< who will have us up for RD most mornings

Old 01-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #188
mommykds
All Disney all the time! Hang on little Dole Whip, Momma's coming!

Should be fun in July with all the tour groups.

Seriously, I am not loving the limit of 3 FP's a day & the idea of only getting FP's at one park per day. That makes up my mind as far as buying park hoppers for our next trip.
* Mar 1998 AS Music * Dec 1999 AS Movies * Dec 2002 Polynesian * Nov 2003 Carribean Beach * Oct 2005 Port Orleans Riverside * Aug 2006 Beach Club CL * Aug 2007 Beach Club CL * Oct 2007 Pop Century * Apr 2008 Wonder & Boardwalk Inn * Aug 2008 Port Orleans Riverside * Dec 2008 Coronado Springs * Jul 2009 Boardwalk CL * Oct 2009 Contemporary * Dec 2009 Offsite * Mar 2010 Wonder & Polynesian CL * Jul 2010 Beach Club CL * Dec 2010 Port Orleans French Quarter * Aug 2011 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2012 Hampton Inn LBV * Jul 2012 Port Orleans Riverside * Apr 2013 Art of Animation LM * Aug 2013 Pop Century * Nov 2013 Embassy Suites LBV * Apr 2014 AS Music FS * Jul 2014 Embassy Suites LBV/Boardwalk Inn *
Old 01-08-2013, 03:48 PM   #189
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommykds View Post
Should be fun in July with all the tour groups.

Seriously, I am not loving the limit of 3 FP's a day & the idea of only getting FP's at one park per day. That makes up my mind as far as buying park hoppers for our next trip.
I'm watching this closely because IF...and I get it's a big IF...they go to a limit of 3/day with FP+ before my trip and it limits me to FP in ONE park, I'm thinking about dropping the hoppers.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 01-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #190
Squidgyness
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead
"Ultimately available to all guests by the end of 2013" suggests to me that A) offsite WILL be included and B) they will discontinue normal FP's around that point. Interesting. Not sure how to feel about offsite being included. More options but more pressure to use the new system if we go back...

Other Trips :
France/Belgium 2007, London 2008 and 2009, Malta 2011.

NEXT TRIP: Malta July 2015! (7 days)
Old 01-08-2013, 04:06 PM   #191
ryalluvdiz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenCntryGirl

I'm watching this closely because IF...and I get it's a big IF...they go to a limit of 3/day with FP+ before my trip and it limits me to FP in ONE park, I'm thinking about dropping the hoppers.
Same here! I'm going for 14 days in June,11 of which will be in the parks, but staying off site. I have only thought about hopping for two or three of those days. Depending upon how this plays out, hopping might need to be dropped. Can you still purchase the waterpark option without the hoppers? Why do I remember reading it would cost more?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #192
PrincessArlena'sDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Sorry if this has been asked..

I keep flip flopping on if we should do FP+ or not?
According to the news article a few posts ago.. The official release date will be coming in the spring..
This is when FP+ will be open to all park guest...

Our trip is in may.. If they pick an official release date before or during our trip..

This means there will be less FP- (paper) in the parks right?

And since the rules state we can't use both.. We are going to have to make a choice

I prefer FP-, b/c I know we can get 5-7 perday.. And FP+ limited you to 3..

But if there are going to be much less FP- to go around, we may not be able to get that many now..

What would you choose!?!?!

FIY: traveling with DD 6 and DD 1 < <<<< who will have us up for RD most mornings
We're goin in July. I'll be following your reports to see what decision we should make! Hopefully, "you'll have choose wisely" (insert I.J. and the Last Crusdae pic)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #193
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

:-) that's exacting how I'm feeling....

I would love some other people's opinions... So I can make a choice..

Old 01-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #194
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Disney is on the verge of out smarting themselves right out of business..TDBIASWS.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #195
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
I like that it's not going to be at DL just yet since we've been kicking around going back to California. Maybe I'll just push that idea now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: