Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #1561
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
I've been reading DisBoards for five years now, and I can't recall anyone ever defending SELLING of Fast Passes.

I'm not interested in re-debating why selling is wrong, but giving away is OK, (although isn't there obviously a difference in financial return between selling and giving? Just askin'.....)

At any rate, just wanted to correct the idea that we FP super-users must be in favor of selling FPs.
Just giving away to the people you deem worthy.. like the angels.. who Disney hated and went out of their way to stop.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #1562
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
I've been reading DisBoards for five years now, and I can't recall anyone ever defending SELLING of Fast Passes.

I'm not interested in re-debating why selling is wrong, but giving away is OK, (although isn't there obviously a difference in financial return between selling and giving? Just askin'.....)

At any rate, just wanted to correct the idea that we FP super-users must be in favor of selling FPs.
And I'm going to correct the idea that we mothers who share our FPs with our kids are in favor of selling FPs.

Oh, and us moms who share our dessert with our kids aren't in favor of it either.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #1563
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Yeah. Cuz selling a FP to a total stranger for profit is exactly the same as letting your child use it.
yes, in essence it is. You are transferring the ticket from its intended user to another unintended user. Its TRANSFERRING of the ticket and it comes back to the non-transferable verbiage on the FP.

Whether you sell it or give it away, you are transferring it to some body else and are acting as a secondary distributor of FPs.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #1564
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
I have asked this of you before but will again.

By your logic. If you pull a legal FP, do you think you are free to do whatever you want with it, including selling it?
I think selling it is a very gray area. Not something I would sell,I want to use my FPs and not something I would buy. I have no problem in the past getting any of the FP's I want even travelling in June. Enforcing the return times I would think would cut down on the selling of FP's. There just isn't as much time to get it all done.

But besides that, yes I believe that I should be able to do what I want with my FP. Give it to my son or to someone passing by. If the pass has been pulled I would rather SOMEONE enjoy it. I also would only be happy about seeing a family get some FP's from a family that is leaving the park early for some unknown reason and can't use them. I see that as magic and pixie dust . What I do not see it as is abuse. Even if that family happens to get in line in front of me and "gasp" means I have to wait a few minutes extra for my turn. I not trying to say if it is right or wrong...but I assume it is VERY wrong, I just don't see what the big deal about who using the FP once it is pulled. I have gone every June for the past 6 years and I have never had a problem getting FPs. Even if selling and hording was going one! But really doesn't matter what I think. Disney will do what Disney is going to do. But I don't really see how the new system will cut all the FP's sharing out.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #1565
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
If the pass has been pulled I would rather SOMEONE enjoy it.
Disney would probably rather it go unused. Similar to dining credits.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #1566
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
There is essentially a group of guests Disney has no qualms about kicking to the curb in order to replace them with more profitable guest demographics..

Hmmm...does that include us grandparents who let our grandkids use "our" Fast Passes to ride Tower of Terror, Rock N Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Test Track, Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and Splash Mountain multiple times?

Hmmm...My wife NEVER rides any of those rides, so actually she should be one of the most profitable guests, right? (Disney should really want to be enticing her to the parks, just so long as she never brings any grandkids along with her, right?....)

Seriously, I can't believe that Disney wants to crack down on this behavior, but I guess time will tell....

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #1567
cheesemouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
We desperately need new info from Disney on FP+ stat! People are now griping around in circles...
Agree! I'm just on here looking for new, real information, not to read pages and pages of bickering over other issues. I keep hoping to see a new press release from Disney posted on here. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #1568
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

It helps that FP+ is tied to your ticket and name...

"Well Hello there little... Monica...?" *staring at son* Who is supposedly over 18... *staring at kid*

"Do you have your mother's ticket..?"

Now, did you coach your kid to lie and say he has your name?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #1569
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I think selling it is a very gray area. Not something I would sell,I want to use my FPs and not something I would buy. I have no problem in the past getting any of the FP's I want even travelling in June. Enforcing the return times I would think would cut down on the selling of FP's. There just isn't as much time to get it all done.

But besides that, yes I believe that I should be able to do what I want with my FP. Give it to my son or to someone passing by. If the pass has been pulled I would rather SOMEONE enjoy it. I also would only be happy about seeing a family get some FP's from a family that is leaving the park early for some unknown reason and can't use them. I see that as magic and pixie dust . What I do not see it as is abuse. Even if that family happens to get in line in front of me and "gasp" means I have to wait a few minutes extra for my turn. I not trying to say if it is right or wrong...but I assume it is VERY wrong, I just don't see what the big deal about who using the FP once it is pulled. I have gone every June for the past 6 years and I have never had a problem getting FPs. Even if selling and hording was going one! But really doesn't matter what I think. Disney will do what Disney is going to do. But I don't really see how the new system will cut all the FP's sharing out.
To clarify, you feel selling FPs to be a "very gray area"? Does that mean you think others should be doing it or were right to do so in the past?

Do the words "non transferable" that are on the FP have no meaning to you? Do you think the rules do not apply to you?

Again, it is abuse whether you agree with it or not, you are using something improperly. Disney does not want or need a secondary distribution of FPs and this secondary distribution of FPs has caused guest dissatisfaction among those who were not able to get FPs.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #1570
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesemouse

Agree! I'm just on here looking for new, real information, not to read pages and pages of bickering over other issues. I keep hoping to see a new press release from Disney posted on here. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Same here. Trip is in three weeks, and I'd rather be ahead of the curve than behind it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #1571
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie
I haven't read the last 5 pages yet.. Wow you guys post quickly..

However a few questions kept me up last night...

So as a parent I have to manage my DD account..
I'll picking her FP+ choice, if we do FP+ right?

If that's the case, can she get a FP+ to M&G mickey, and since I don't get in pics or even hug mickey.. Can I use my FP+ on a ride she can not go on?

What about rider swop? Does this mean now one parent and older child gets a FP+ in their name.. Asks for a RS pass then next parent goes through the FP line with the older child again? At least this way we can extend our FP to 4 headliners instead of 2...

An then what about travel agents?
I know when booking our cruise, we signed A piece a paper... Stating only they could change the ressie.. This included booking EVERYTHING!!
So the travel agent got my DD brith date wrong and When I call disney., they told me that they were not allowed to talk to me!!!

I don't know of its like this for WDW.. Do the travel agents make ADRs of guest? If they do then I think they will be making the FP+ too...

Sorry I also what to add.. What happens when the travel agents makes the wrong FP+ choice and by the time the park person gets the park.. It's to late to change it..
I can see some really angry people...
I wonder what travel agents think of FP+?
Maybe this is disney way to get people to book directly through them!?!?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #1572
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

"Well Hello there little... Monica...?" *staring at son* Who is supposedly over 18... *staring at kid*

No, because I really don't think they will have time to scan the profile of every guest returning through the FP line. I think they will barely have time to see if the light turns green for each one.

Technologically speaking, they can. But I'd be shocked if they did.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #1573
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:

AWKWARD! I think Disney will have a PR problem, though, if they start "deputizing" CM's to have them "rat out" those who sink low enough to share a FP+ with their kid/sibling/nana, etc...

I get the rules -- and I'm a dork who follows them -- but that kind of "enforcement" could get ugly for Disney, big-picture-wise.

Guess we'll see how it pans out...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:15 PM   #1574
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMom View Post
AWKWARD! I think Disney will have a PR problem, though, if they start "deputizing" CM's to have them "rat out" those who sink low enough to share a FP+ with their kid/sibling/nana, etc...

I get the rules -- and I'm a dork who follows them -- but that kind of "enforcement" could get ugly for Disney, big-picture-wise.

Guess we'll see how it pans out...
People said enforcing FP return windows would get ugly too.. and part of the FP+ system is to recognize guests by name, interests, celebrations, etc. So yes, they're gonna look at it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #1575
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

And attractions hosts hold the highest rank in the park aside from Security CMs. You have to do what they say and they can deny you entry to any ride for any reason and you have to obey them. Even if you think their reason is wrong or dumb, if you disobey them you're on a one way ticket out of the park - Disney overall will side with them, even if they were wrong, if you didn't wait for a higher-up to reverse the decision.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: