Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #1531
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
OK, thanks, but I still don't quite get the "using less resources on Day 5 than on Day 1" part.

If I ride less rides on Day 5 than Day 1, how does that save Disney any money? The rides still have to operate.

I guess you're saying that using fewer Fast Passes on Day 5 means fewer complaints from guests who aren't able to get Fast Passes?

At any rate, I guess time will tell if FP+ reduces guest complaints. (Seems like I've said that before. )
I don't get that logic either. People start Disney vacations every day of the week. So what is one person's day 1 at MK is also someone else's Day 5. Its not like a cruise ship where we are all on day 5 together...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #1532
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #1533
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My argument would be with the term "blatantly".

And yes, I would give my child my FP slot if I were so inclined.
I wonder if the Disney execs are in meetings saying "We have got to stop all these moms from pulling a legal FP and letting their child ride!!"

Hard to believe that Disney would frown on me giving my child the gift of extra ride on Splash Mountain. But maybe so! I sure wasn't going to be using that FP for anything else. This summer I will be sure to pull FP's for any ride that I'm not going to do, wait for my family to ride and then throw mine away. Will that help the FP lines?? Not that I would really do that but then again I have no problem with anyone using a FP no matter who pulled the darn thing.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #1534
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
There are in general two costs to operate an attraction - the overall cost of operating it on any given day, regardless of the number of guests utilizing it (power, minimum staffing, maintenance, etc.), and the "per guest" costs, which are affected by the number of guests utilizing that day - additional staff for a line management when needed, operating more units where they are variable, etc.

I don't think the latter would really vary significantly with a guest on their 5th day vs. their first. The park crowd is what it is. Whether TSM is fully utilized by all 1st day people or a mix won't change the operational costs.
TSM is near 100% utilization and the demand exceeds the available capacity so it's not subject to changes in crowds or guest patterns aside from hirign extra crowd control when the line is not just long but obscenely long (see New Years Eve).

Many other rides don't operate like that. The easiest example is the Speedway. Less people mean less cars, which means less gas and less staff. Simple as that. If everyone in the park was a Day 1 guest there'd be a significant amount more people on that ride than there are with Day 1 and Day 5 guests mixed together.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #1535
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mickeyfan View Post
I wonder if the Disney execs are in meetings saying "We have got to stop all these moms from pulling a legal FP and letting their child ride!!"

Hard to believe that Disney would frown on me giving my child the gift of extra ride on Splash Mountain. But maybe so! I sure wasn't going to be using that FP for anything else. This summer I will be sure to pull FP's for any ride that I'm not going to do, wait for my family to ride and then throw mine away. Will that help the FP lines?? Not that I would really do that but then again I have no problem with anyone using a FP no matter who pulled the darn thing.
It's not a legal FP once it's given to the child. You seem to be ignoring that.

And yes, they really have sat around and thought of ways to stop people from giving away their FP. It's called a band you wear on your arm.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1536
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post

And yes, they really have sat around and thought of ways to stop people from giving away their FP. It's called a band you wear on your arm.
That I take off and put on my child's arm before he enters the ride. Unless they are going to use biometrics at each FP+ return entrance this will STILL happen.
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 01-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1537
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm going to assume Disney won't care if I give my daughter my FP for ToT next time we get there.

Because if they were indeed the sort of company that would refer to me as "scum" for doing so, then I would have to immediately stop going. To any of their parks. Ever.

And before anyone asks, yes, I am the sort to cut my nose off to spite my face.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #1538
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But it was legal when I pulled it.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #1539
Disneygirl 792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
That I take off and put on my child's arm before he enters the ride. Unless they are going to use biometrics at each FP+ return entrance this will STILL happen.
I agree, something else has to be in place to stop people from switching wristbands.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #1540
UNCFanatik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
But it was legal when I pulled it.
I have asked this of you before but will again.

By your logic. If you pull a legal FP, do you think you are free to do whatever you want with it, including selling it?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #1541
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

I haven't read the last 5 pages yet.. Wow you guys post quickly..

However a few questions kept me up last night...

So as a parent I have to manage my DD account..
I'll picking her FP+ choice, if we do FP+ right?

If that's the case, can she get a FP+ to M&G mickey, and since I don't get in pics or even hug mickey.. Can I use my FP+ on a ride she can not go on?

What about rider swop? Does this mean now one parent and older child gets a FP+ in their name.. Asks for a RS pass then next parent goes through the FP line with the older child again? At least this way we can extend our FP to 4 headliners instead of 2...

An then what about travel agents?
I know when booking our cruise, we signed A piece a paper... Stating only they could change the ressie.. This included booking EVERYTHING!!
So the travel agent got my DD brith date wrong and When I call disney., they told me that they were not allowed to talk to me!!!

I don't know of its like this for WDW.. Do the travel agents make ADRs of guest? If they do then I think they will be making the FP+ too...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #1542
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
I have asked this of you before but will again.

By your logic. If you pull a legal FP, do you think you are free to do whatever you want with it, including selling it?
Apparently they all do.. and they still wonder why Disney is limiting them to 3 FP+ per day...
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #1543
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

We desperately need new info from Disney on FP+ stat! People are now griping around in circles...

Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #1544
MickeyMinnieMom
If you ticket it, they will come... ;)

Quote:
Apparently they all do.. and they still wonder why Disney is limiting them to 3 FP+ per day...
They're not WONDERING why -- they KNOW it stems from nefarious motives.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #1545
DonaldTDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
I don't get that logic either. People start Disney vacations every day of the week. So what is one person's day 1 at MK is also someone else's Day 5. Its not like a cruise ship where we are all on day 5 together...
If all vacations started on Sunday, they could save millions on staff at the resorts. But they don't. You've nailed that argument.

Quote:
TSM is near 100% utilization and the demand exceeds the available capacity so it's not subject to changes in crowds or guest patterns aside from hirign extra crowd control when the line is not just long but obscenely long (see New Years Eve).

Many other rides don't operate like that. The easiest example is the Speedway. Less people mean less cars, which means less gas and less staff. Simple as that. If everyone in the park was a Day 1 guest there'd be a significant amount more people on that ride than there are with Day 1 and Day 5 guests mixed together.
That's a bunch on malarkey(TM Joe Biden). Many people that do 2 MK days don't ride the Speedway on day 1 because it's not a priority. But on their second MK day, which may be day 2 of their vacation, they ride it because they've pretty much been there done that with everything else. We are not little houses made out of ticky tacky and we don't all tour the same.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: