Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #1516
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousermerf View Post
Also dining, like with the "angels" (which I sat through the meetings where Disney execs essentially referred to those people as being the scum of the earth in their eyes - "we must stop them somehow" was the sentiment) there were the people "who weren't hurting anyone else" by making dining reservations for 3 different restaurants for each dining period and then just going to the one they wanted.

Disney put a stop to that too, it had always been against the policy, but it took the online reservation system which simply wont allow it to be done in order for the problem to be stopped.
That "angel" thing was a nightmare.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #1517
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Also dining, like with the "angels" (which I sat through the meetings where Disney execs essentially referred to those people as being the scum of the earth in their eyes - "we must stop them somehow" was the sentiment) there were the people "who weren't hurting anyone else" by making dining reservations for 3 different restaurants for each dining period and then just going to the one they wanted.

Disney put a stop to that too, it had always been against the policy, but it took the online reservation system which simply wont allow it to be done in order for the problem to be stopped.
So, wait a second...by this statement, are you in fact admitting that you are a manager or executive with Disney? Seems unlikely you'd be in such a meeting otherwise...

Anyways, I don't think anyone here claims that booking multiple simultaneous ADRs wasn't abuse...why Disney couldn't deal with it earlier just shows their disdain for the very technology they are now hoping changes their guest demographic...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #1518
mom2mickeyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
But yet you and the other "gloom and doom" FP+ predictors have zero problems projecting your concerns on the general WDW guest population at to why this whole thing will fail.
I guess the feeling I am having...the "gloom and doom" Is that I have been planning our trip since we came home from Disney last summer and not knowing how all of this will affect our touring puts kind of a pit in my stomach. We have had the best of times at Disney and it has been worth every penny. Having so many unknowns while it looks like Disney if moving forward with all of this quickly is leading to these feelings. It is just hard to be positive about something that is changing that has been working great for you in the past. When in the past I have only been limited by the amount of time the park was open and time I was willing to spend in that park, it leave a bad taste in my mouth to hear that Disney is going to limit us no matter what I do.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM   #1519
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
So, wait a second...by this statement, are you in fact admitting that you are a manager or executive with Disney? Seems unlikely you'd be in such a meeting otherwise...

Anyways, I don't think anyone here claims that booking multiple simultaneous ADRs wasn't abuse...why Disney couldn't deal with it earlier just shows their disdain for the very technology they are now hoping changes their guest demographic...
I have worked for Disney - haven't done so in years. I maintain cordial relations with many people who I worked with.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #1520
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneygirl 792 View Post
Ok so if we were to go to Hollywood Studios and get (1)FP+ for Rockin Rollercoaster, (1)FP+ for Star Tours then leave and go to Epcot and get (1) FP+ for Test Track would we still have (1) FP+ left for Hollywood Studios and (2) FP+left for Epcot later on?

Sorry just a smidge confused
All FP+ can only be used in the same park.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #1521
SaraJayne
Stop moving those smilies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
With all due respect I see by your ticker that your trip is in 2 weeks. The odds of YOUR trip being disrupted by the unknown change is highly unlikely.

But for myself, and I believe GreenCountryGirl and several others, our trips are in a few months, right when then proposed chaos is ensuing.

I think we are allowed to express concern over the "rumors," especially since they are being proclaimed by someone who claims to have knowledge of them (even if he won't reveal how or why he came by this information).
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #1522
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
I have worked for Disney - haven't done so in years. I maintain cordial relations with many people who I worked with.
Gotcha. I think I remember you saying that before. Too much to process lately.

Still, it seems awfully aggressive for them to meet the timeframe you are saying given they can't get the web site, app, POS terminals, etc. working right
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Old 01-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #1523
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So doing something blatantly against the provided rules is not an abuse?
My argument would be with the term "blatantly".

And yes, I would give my child my FP slot if I were so inclined.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1524
Disneygirl 792
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Gotcha. I think I remember you saying that before. Too much to process lately.

Still, it seems awfully aggressive for them to meet the timeframe you are saying given they can't get the web site, app, POS terminals, etc. working right
I agree...I can't even make a payment online. When I called the CM in the IT department said she didn't know when it would be ready so I would just have to call to make a payment.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1525
g-dad66
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Spend more on food.lodging than if you had a 4 day ticket while using less resources of a person on Day 1. Yes, that's exactly the reason they made it.

OK, thanks, but I still don't quite get the "using less resources on Day 5 than on Day 1" part.

If I ride less rides on Day 5 than Day 1, how does that save Disney any money? The rides still have to operate.

I guess you're saying that using fewer Fast Passes on Day 5 means fewer complaints from guests who aren't able to get Fast Passes?

At any rate, I guess time will tell if FP+ reduces guest complaints. (Seems like I've said that before. )

Historical Orlando weather data here: http://www.leaveittogenie.com/weather.html
Old 01-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #1526
mesaboy2
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
My argument would be with the term "blatantly".

And yes, I would give my child my FP slot if I were so inclined.

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 01-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #1527
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Nice.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #1528
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post
OK, thanks, but I still don't quite get the "using less resources on Day 5 than on Day 1" part.
There are in general two costs to operate an attraction - the overall cost of operating it on any given day, regardless of the number of guests utilizing it (power, minimum staffing, maintenance, etc.), and the "per guest" costs, which are affected by the number of guests utilizing that day - additional staff for a line management when needed, operating more units where they are variable, etc.

I don't think the latter would really vary significantly with a guest on their 5th day vs. their first. The park crowd is what it is. Whether TSM is fully utilized by all 1st day people or a mix won't change the operational costs.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #1529
WillAustin
FP+ Complainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCFanatik View Post
My apologies then if I unfairly lumped you into that group.
Thanks, no problem.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #1530
mousermerf
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-dad66 View Post

If I ride less rides on Day 5 than Day 1, how does that save Disney any money? The rides still have to operate.

I guess you're saying that using fewer Fast Passes on Day 5 means fewer complaints from guests who aren't able to get Fast Passes?

At any rate, I guess time will tell if FP+ reduces guest complaints. (Seems like I've said that before. )
Depending on what you do, you physically cost Disney less than a Day 1 park guest on average.

Say you go to MK on your Day 1 - ride a bunch of rides, visit guest relations for a birthday button, stick around for the parade and fireworks, etc..

Well, every single moment cost them money to produce. Nothing is natural and sprung up from the earth - not the grass, not the trees, not the water. All of it cost money to put there. Plus staffing, etc..

So then Day 5.... You visit MK, ride a "few" attractions, don't stop by guest relations for a button, don't stop to see the parade, and don't watch the fireworks because you've done that already.

You've cost them less money. Yes they still had people at Guest Relations but only 3 instead of 4 to cover yours and all the other day 5 guest questions/button requests in a reasonable amount of time. Same for the parade and fireworks.. yes they still have it.. but they're not doing the parade twice like they do during busy seasons and they're not having to open the backstage gates and reroute people and hire more crowd control staff like they would if all the Day 5 guests were behaving like Day 1 guests.

And that's why you cant sell a ticket to someone else.. because it reverts to a Day 1 ticket when a new person uses it and thus the calculations for how much a guest "costs" is thrown all out of whack and costs Disney more than they expected to keep you safe, happy, etc..

Epcot needs 10,000 paying guests to stay in the black, btw. Otherwise it loses money just by being open.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: