Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #31
sookie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchulka View Post
This response is beyond ridiculous. Are you seriously insinuating that she is planning to get a crib bumper so that she can just throw the baby in a crib all day instead of taking care of it?!! The responses in general are crazy, everyone acts like if she gets a bumper she is threatening her childs life just for vanity!! She already said she wanted advice on what bumper not a discussion on whether she should get a bumper or not. I bet if she was planning to put the bumper on a drop side crib people would already be calling CPS on her! Everything in life has a small risk to it, if you do enough research you can find that a small number of babies have been killed by virtually any item out there. To the OP I have no advice on how to make a bumper work on a crib with a flat back but I can tell you I have a 9 & 10 year old who are alive and well despite sleeping in a drop side crib with a bumper. Also I did put them in there sometimes to play quietly alone! I guess it's a wonder that they are alive and seemingly well adjusted given the death wish I had on them as infants
No one is saying that.

However, bumpers are not safe. They are not recommended for use because other children have been injured or died. Just because your children are OK doesn't change the fact that other children were hurt. There are deaths that have been termed strangulation, asphyxiation, or choking because of them. This is because the baby has been directly up against a bumper - or choked on the strings. Older babies are at risk too. Please don't use a bumper. They are not safe.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: