DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #16
Heyriddle
Mouseketeer

Can anyone explain how to rent points that we have? We have used our points for DCL. Love cruising. If we could pay cash with our rented points, that would be great.

2005 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2008 Disney Wonder Bahamas Double Dip 4-Night
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 7-Night
2013 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 7-Night
Heyriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:40 AM   #17
zavandor
DIS Veteran

There is a renting board here on the DISboards, just read the stickies with the instructions. There are a few rules and restriction, so with few posts you might need to pay a subscription to be able to post there.

Or you can use one of the brokers. The Timeshare Store (the sponsor of this board, there is a banner up here) or David (the sponsor of the rental board) can find a renter for you, you just make the reservation and they'll pay you for the reservation. You should contact them if interested, but David gives you 10$ a point, the TSS maybe less, not sure.
Both got great feedback here.
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #18
zavandor
DIS Veteran

Update: David is now offering 11$ a point!
That's a great rate!
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #19
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
Update: David is now offering 11$ a point!
That's a great rate!
People have reported he's only offering $11 per point for a limited time because he's been so short on points.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #20
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfather View Post
I'm new to the board, so I apologize if this question has already been addressed before.

I have a traveling job that allows me to participate in loyalty programs. Thus, free quality hotels are easy to come by. However, we're in love with the Disney Cruise Line and are considering returning once a year.

We're looking seriously at the DVC. Is it worth it only for DCL?
A better alternative (given what everyone has already posted) would be to put an appropriate amount of money into a vacation savings account each month.

IMO, DVC has been very clever at getting people to pay monthly for their points - then when it comes time to book, you are booking with "points", which don't seem like real money. PLUS, you have no lodging bill at check out, so your stay seems "FREE". (Of course, it really isn't, but it's hard not to feel that way)!

We can do the same thing for ourselves - save a monthly amount towards vacation and then when it comes time to book, you have the money. (If you have the money to buy DVC, you have the money to put aside). IMO, it really stinks to be paying for a vacation AFTER it's over, LOL. I like that feature of DVC.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008

Last edited by CarolMN; 02-14-2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: typo
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:46 AM   #21
WMorganS
Flapping My Ears

Not to hijack... but what about member only cruises? They seem a lot easier to book and you have to pay at least one person's fare with points, right?

Are there any other member cruise benefits, I.e. is there more camaraderie ? Are people more considerate ?
WMorganS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS View Post
Not to hijack... but what about member only cruises? They seem a lot easier to book and you have to pay at least one person's fare with points, right?
If you have at least some points directly purchased from Disney, you can go on the member cruise. You are allowed to pay cash for all travelers in your cabin for this cruise. You do not have to pay for one on points for the member cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorganS View Post
Are there any other member cruise benefits, I.e. is there more camaraderie ? Are people more considerate ?
Member cruises are more expensive than comparable non-member DCL cruises. Cruisers on the member cruises receive some special gifts and it's reported there are special entertainment offerings. I haven't been on a member cruise so perhaps some of those that have will respond to your atmosphere question. There are some recent threads on the member cruises, so if you do a search,you can find more info on them.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: