Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #61
BlueStarryHat

Just picture everyone sitting at the computer in their underwear

I get emotional every time I see the Castle for the first time, but the only time I ever really cried outright was at Epcot in November 2006 during Illuminations. My Mom had just died that May (she adored WDW and was my best friend and hero) of colon cancer, and I stood there soaking in the magic. Then, they played 'Let There Be Peace On Earth,' and I just started bawling. I just missed my mother so much, remembering all the fun times we'd had at WDW together. Now, whenever I go, I remember her and get a little misty.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #62
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I was 12 years old the first time i went to wdw, (1977) and I passed out when I saw Cinderellas castle. Ended up at first aid on my first day there.I've been many times now with my son (who was not as emotional as I was) and that same excitement is still there. The first day I go to Epcot,Animal kingdom or Disney's Hollywood studios it's exciting but not that same feeling you get when your in magic kingdom.That has a feeling all its own.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
babydoll65 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #63
Merryweather89
Earning My Ears

I haven't cried at the parks, but when my boyfriend and I got on the Disney Dream at the end of August I kept crying. Lol. I had been on the Wonder about 7 years ago with my folks and I had been longing to go back. I couldn't believe we were actually there.

I also kept crying during the broadway style shows. When the characters came out into the audience and waived at the kids and the kids got so excited it was just so moving to me - and magical
Merryweather89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #64
skdean
Earning My Ears

My husband and I have been to WDW 5 times since 2011. Reading to posts about what makes other tear up makes me do the same! I will never forget my first trip and seeing Mary Poppins for the first time. She was so beautiful. I looked down at daughter (5) and up at my son (16) and started to tear up. I remember thinking how much I wanted them to be this happy about seeing one of their favorite characters.
My daughter asked her daddy why I was crying and sad. He said "Mary Poppins was mommy's favorite when she was little. Didn't you know tears are acceptable at Disney. Because they are tears of happiness. What other kind would they be at the Happiest Place on Earth?"
skdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #65
PamCakes
Earning My Ears

I was getting teary eyed just reading this thread.

At the MK I always get emotional when I am walking along Main Street.

Also when I saw "the magic memories and you" in August of 2011 I could not hold back the tears. Especially during the black and white scenes.
PamCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:22 AM   #66
smallblackstars
Mouseketeer

I don't think I will be able to hold back the tears when we go later this year, it will be my DHs first trip to Disney, my DDs 2nd (but she will be 4 then and able to appreciate it more than last time) and we are going over the Christmas period!!! Look out WDW, there is an emotional wreck headed your way!!!

Me (31), DH (26), DD (4), Ninja (2)

smallblackstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:51 AM   #67
kaelalala
Mouseketeer

I cry so often at Disney! That first time I see the castle or whenever I see a really adorable magical moment with a happy kid. And always, ALWAYS during Wishes - even at home!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: