Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
jackal
DIS Veteran

Resort help deciding

We are going to Disney for spring break We haven't been since the new additions to MK. We used to go every year if not twice. We have stayed at the Poly, the CR, and the BC resorts. Love them ALL. Especially the Poly and the BC.

This year we are more strapped for cash so deluxe is out of the question. My current choices are Pop and POR. My DD10 really wants to stay at Pop. She has seen all the pictures and just thinks it will be cool to stay there. I think me and DH would like POR better, but it is about $500+ more. Right now, I booked both and need to cancel one. I booked preferred rooms at both as we like to be near drink stations for refilling our mugs in the morning.

My question is, I would love to save that $500+ but will we hate POP seeing we stayed at only deluxes before? We are not ones to hang at the hotel. My DD wants to swim a little, not too much. We usually go to the parks in the morning and would not return until late as we have park hoppers. We loved the Deluxes for the convenience to the parks, but we do not mind the busses either.
jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
DznyCrzy11
"When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are".

That would be a difficult decision!!! Considering you stay at the park most of the day, I would go with Pop and save the extra $500.

Sent from my Galaxy S II
Visited WDW once a year(sometimes twice a year)between 1987 and 2000, stayed at FW Campground most of those times, FW Cabins one time, ASMu one time,and an offsite hotel a few other times.Since 2003 my DH and I have taken 8 trips to WDW and 1 DCL together.We stayed at an offsite hotel in 2003 and 2005, ASMo in 2008,CBR in 2009,Poly in 2010,2011,2012,2013. Bahamian Disney Cruise in 2013. YC stay and Western Caribbean Cruise in 2014. BC stay and Eastern Caribbean Cruise in 2015!!

DznyCrzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If the prices that you are looking at are with the current discount, then it's a really difficult decision. I know that DH and I would be happy to spend the extra money on a mod, knowing that we are still getting a good discount, and preferring the amenities that the mods offer. If you won't be using the resort amenities, and don't care about the smaller room and smaller beds, then perhaps the value resort is all you really need.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 PM   #4
jackal
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the responses. What specifically do the Mods have in amentites that the values do not?

I understand the POP now has refrigerators. It will be me and DH and DD10. My DH is a snorer and will sleep in one twin and me and DD in the other. I couldn't sleep with him in a twin! That I do know.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Moderates have covered bus stops; a sit down restaurant; a lounge; more booking categories; more lush grounds, etc.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #6
jackal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Moderates have covered bus stops; a sit down restaurant; a lounge; more booking categories; more lush grounds, etc.
Good to know. None of those are deal breakers.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #7
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

I have to be honest: we've done similar (stay mostly at deluxes then go to a value to save some $$$), and it wasn't very much fun for us. We won't do that again. In addition to the other things mentioned that mods have that values don't, I don't think values have quite as nice a pool area as mods do. In our experience, the mods have pool areas just as nice as the deluxes, with slides, etc.

We stayed at POFQ one week, partially to save some money versus a deluxe, but also just because it looked nice. We were not disappointed. The room was a little small, but it was very close to the feature pool, an easy walk to the food court, our car, the boat dock, etc. We really enjoyed that week, at least partially because we didn't spend much time in our room except for sleeping.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
myramsy
Mouseketeer

Another difference is the main pools at the mods have slides. But if money was tight and it was $500 diff I would save the money and stay at the value. Have stayed at values a few times and never minded them. I mean...you are in disney...its all good....
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal View Post
What specifically do the Mods have in amentites that the values do not?
In addition to what has been mentioned, the rooms are bigger, double vanities, and CSR/POR/POFQ all have queen beds. Also, I think all of the mods have a curtain that divides the vanity area from the beds.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: