Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

St. John Eco-hike?

Has anyone taken this excursion? How was your experience? Since it is a 5 hour excursion what do you do for lunch? Also, what is an appropriate gratuitity for the tour guide?
Thanks!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

Still hoping to hear from someone.
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
cgolf
Mouseketeer

It has been a couple of years, but what I remember is the boat ride was the most interesting part. The walk was ok, but not a lot was explained to us, could have been the guide. We didn't go to the plantation, not sure if it was part of our tour at the time or not. I do remember leaving the beach after swimming way late because the guide and a couple of guests spent a long time talking politics to the point we were worried about catching the boat back.

Come to think of it there was no lunch so they must have added the plantation visit since we have gone. This definitely rated low compared to other excursions we have done, but again we could have just had a terrible guide.

We have done the Captain Nautica's Snorkeling Expedition and enjoyed that, but not sure what type of excursion you are looking for.

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #4
Silver Queen
DIS Veteran

I think that a stop at the plantation may be included now. I just saw that the Birnbaum Disney Cruise guide gave this excursion a high rating (two thumbs up). Looks like we may be on the same cruise, our tickers are only one day different. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 01-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #5
shburks
DIS Veteran

We did this in August and enjoyed it. The walk was nice but buggy (wish I had taken mosquito repellent). Guide was lovely and pointed out neat things. We stopped and swam for about 30 minutes at the end. Water was warm and beautifully clear. Walked to the plantation ruins and then caught our ride back to the ferry. We took snacks but I dont know that we are them. I think we ate back onboard ship

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: