Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
KJay
DIS Veteran

Nutrition info...

On the new website, nutrition info is available when you click on the lunch menu for Be Our Guest. This is the only menu where I've seen it available (though I only spot-checked a few). It makes me wonder...do you think they're moving toward posting this info for all meals?? Could be scary!!
Old 01-06-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJay View Post
On the new website, nutrition info is available when you click on the lunch menu for Be Our Guest. This is the only menu where I've seen it available (though I only spot-checked a few). It makes me wonder...do you think they're moving toward posting this info for all meals?? Could be scary!!
I wish they would. It would make meal planning for people like me who have diabetes a lot easier.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
amberpi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think it would be great if everyone followed NYC's nutrition rules. Sometimes I'm shocked about the nutrition info even though I try to be educated about such things. Not to say I don't throw that information out whenever presented with Salt & Vinegar Kettle chips...they are my biggest weakness.
amberpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
CrazyaboutCinderella
Can we please move to Disney?

Big Help with Weight Watchers Plan

I hope they eventually do it for all the restaurants so that my sister and I who are on Weight Watchers can see how many points we will be consuming on our vacation in June 2013. I've lost 60.6 lbs since April 21, 2012 and my sister has lost 45 lbs since April 21, 2012. We want to keep up this wonderful weight loss while enjoying our magical time at Walt Disney World.

CrazyaboutCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyaboutCinderella
I hope they eventually do it for all the restaurants so that my sister and I who are on Weight Watchers can see how many points we will be consuming on our vacation in June 2013. I've lost 60.6 lbs since April 21, 2012 and my sister has lost 45 lbs since April 21, 2012. We want to keep up this wonderful weight loss while enjoying our magical time at Walt Disney World.
Congratulations!!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
OchreHand
Mouseketeer

I was just about to make a post about finding nutritional info for Disney stuff. The best I could find was on the giant turkey leg (oh my...) Good to know Be Our Guest is doing that.

I really wish Disney would divulge that kind of info especially if you follow a certain kind of diet or regime.
OchreHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Wow, that's really cool!

Sure, it's scary sometimes...but hey, we're eating it anyway, and ignorance isn't bliss when it comes to what we're eating. Our bodies know the calories even if our minds don't, LOL. (something it only took me my whole life to truly and finally comprehend)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:40 AM   #8
KJay
DIS Veteran

I wonder why it's only available for BoG lunch right now- unless someone has found another menu w/ the info? Who's got time to peruse the dining site today??
Old 01-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
GenevieveRaqs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder why it's only available for BoG lunch right now- unless someone has found another menu w/ the info? Who's got time to peruse the dining site today??
BOG has had nutritional info available at the self-order kiosks for lunch from the preview stage. So, if I had to guess, I'd say this is the direction Disney plans to go, but it was easiest to roll it out with a brand new restaurant. I would expect to see nutritional info become available for other restaurants over time. As a T1 diabetic, I'm ecstatic about this! It takes the guesswork out of my food choices and insulin dosages.
GenevieveRaqs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: