Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #766
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
Okay, I will chime in again!

FIRST: I think that there is truth to BOTH what Ashlee claims he said, and the fact that he probably didn't quite say it that way. It is per-contract that the bachelor/bachelorette is not to make a 100% profession for any one of them, until the very end. It is by-definition, that it could be any-one-of-them... "Ohhhh, how can I be in love with 2/3 'amazing' women".... Etc... This whole thing wouldn't even work unless ALL the last women think that they are probably 'the one'. That is 'script'.

Men are known for saying what they think a woman wants to hear...
Women are known for 'hearing' things that are not quite actually said.

So, I think that the truth here lies somewhere in the middle.

SECOND: For anyone here who thought that Ashlee was just so weak and needy, and would just do anything to not be rejected... Like I had mentioned before. SO wrong. And I think it is obvious that the producers really pushed that whole 'abandoment' thing.

The fact that she called Sean a FRAT BOY to describe how he was with the other two women, compared to her... I can totally and completely agree. We had all mentioned how her dates were planned out to be SO different (almost boring) compared to the other girls. And, yes, from Sean's debut on his initial season a year ago, we had him called out as an immature commitment phobe...

Sorry people, but C'mon... climbing trees, eating bugs, playing pranks.. etc... etc.... etc... My 15 year old son wouldln't even be doing those things and acting like that...

He, and BOTH of the remaining two woman are virtual 12 year olds.
Seriously...
No question.

As Ashlee watches the episodes again (if she does) and processes the situation and her memory of how things went... She will get past the reaction of rejection and anger, and see that YES, very definitely Sean was not the guy that she had perceived... that he IS a frat-boy... And count her blessings that it all ended when it did.

For my best-guess prediction..
Given that we hear that he does actually propose to one of the last two women. It has to be 'wedding dress girl'.... they have such a close and common personality, family heritage, etc... I will not argue with anybody here who thinks he has a wonderful relationship with Katherine. But, they are just too different, different backgrounds, family situations, etc... I just can't see it.
Up until your best guess

I don't think he'll pick wedding dress tween girl, at least that's my best guess.

I think he has it BAD for Catherine. And he's HORRIBLE at hiding it.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #767
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
Up until your best guess

I don't think he'll pick wedding dress tween girl, at least that's my best guess.

I think he has it BAD for Catherine. And he's HORRIBLE at hiding it.
You could be right!!!
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #768
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

Why was Tierra given so much time tv time last night. She was sent home before others who should have had more time. I believe AshLee had more time than was needed and Chris gave her the opportunity to be rude to Sean and show herself to be a sore loser. Look at how gracious Des was. I know, the almighty ratings. I would have liked more time with Leslie. She was my favorite all season. I agree the F2 act young, because they are young. I've read the spoilers, but never believe any of these relationships will go the distance. I always hope they will make it - well almost always - but the odds are against a successful outcome.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #769
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

I think there was some truth to Ashlees allegations...and he probably led them all on in the "fantasy suite"!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #770
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I think he has to lead them all on to a certain extent. It wouldn't be good tv if they weren't all shocked at the rose ceremony when they didnt get a rose.

I did read he is not allowed to tell the he loves them directly until he gives the final rose. But I don't see how they could stop him as long as the woman kept it secret too.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #771
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride Junkie View Post
Well, Tierra in the hot seat was kind of a letdown. I wanted Chris to ask her how she felt about what Sean said about her on the "Sean tells all" episode. It's pretty obvious Chris doesn't like her and enjoyed putting her on the spot.

I also wish that, when Tierra was saying how she didn't run to Sean with any names of other girls causing drama, someone would have stood up and shouted, "Because YOU were the only one creating drama, you nitwit!" She still doesn't get that it was all her. She could have made herself look better by saying something like, "I learned a lot about myself watching the show back" or "I'm embarrassed about the way I acted" or "my attitude could definitely use some work", but she blew it.

She acted exactly how I expected her to act. She acted like a petulant, spoiled brat.
MagicallyDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:45 PM   #772
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
... Sorry people, but C'mon... climbing trees, eating bugs, playing pranks.. etc... etc.... etc... My 15 year old son wouldln't even be doing those things and acting like that...

He, and BOTH of the remaining two woman are virtual 12 year olds.
Seriously...
No question.....
Do you remember who you are writing this statement to? A bunch of crazy people who love a cartoon mouse? We must all be virtual 12 yr olds.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #773
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

While watching the end, I cannot help but think he picks Katherine. It seems so evident to me but I might be all wrong--and it could be that I cannot stand the other girl and her voice one little bit. lol

My friend said Tierra was very nice to her that night and she was shocked that she turned out to be the way she was. I guess all her (Tierra's) good was gone.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #774
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Do you remember who you are writing this statement to? A bunch of crazy people who love a cartoon mouse? We must all be virtual 12 yr olds.
There is a BIG difference in being young at heart or believing in a little magic versus being emotionally immature.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #775
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Is everyone finally ready to end this show? THREE hours tonight. Remember, ATFR is on after he proposes (or not.)
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:19 AM   #776
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
While watching the end, I cannot help but think he picks Katherine. It seems so evident to me but I might be all wrong--and it could be that I cannot stand the other girl and her voice one little bit. lol

My friend said Tierra was very nice to her that night and she was shocked that she turned out to be the way she was. I guess all her (Tierra's) good was gone.
I feel the same way.

I think Tierra is probably not really a mean girl. Just dumb, shallow and all about herself and her sparkle. I've seen meaner girls on The Bachelor and never did get the uproar over Tierra, why the girls let her get to them. She wasn't really smart enough to outwit any of them, like some of the "mean girls" in the past seasons. She was pretty entertaining though, I think that image of her shaking after the Polar Bear plunge with the mascara running down her eyes will be an image we won't be able to erase for a long time to come. The fact that she seems oblivious to how silly she acted tells me she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #777
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
The fact that she seems oblivious to how silly she acted tells me she isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
But she is the one with the most sparkle.
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #778
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

I forgot to add in my pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
i agree with this. usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

I think the fact that the remaining two girls are more "fun" and less "serious" leads me to believe that we were right last season when we thought Sean was a commitment-phobe. he got rid of the two most serious ladies when he let go of Des and Ashlee. i don't think he's ready to settle down--and i think his mom knows this too. although, she really shouldn't worry since most of the relationships don't work out anyway.
Quote:
I actually agree with most of this too. I'm not sure that he's a commitment-phobe but I do think he is young at heart and probably not ready for marriage.
Quote:
I like Catherine. She seems young, but not immature. Lindsay just seems like a giggly school girl to me.

Trouble is, I don't think Catherine is as in to him as he is to her, vice versa with Lindsay. Catherine doesn't even make eye contact with him.

Whether we call Sean a commitment-phobe or "just not ready for marriage yet," we all know this isn't going to last between him and either girl he picks. Because of that, I think he will pick Catherine. I think someone non-commital gravitates to someone else non-commital. that is Catherine.

I also noticed that Catherine never seems to look Sean in the eyes. She is always sitting so she doesn't have to look at him, or she just looks elsewhere. I think that actually attracts Sean as every other girl is throwing themselves at him - AshLee everyone?

But, also, when her own family told him she tends to be into something very intensely for the moment, then will get tired of it (or something like that,) instead of hearing that as a red flag and running for the hills, he picked her over Des. He got a direct statement from her family that she's as non-commital as he is. In that sense, they are right for each other, for where they both are in their lives.
Thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:41 AM   #779
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Oooh, only 8.5 hours and counting! I can't wait, even though I have no expectations of a real relationship forming I still get excited like its for real!

Anyone want to play a drinking game with me? Take a drink when they say "chemistry" "right reasons" "connection", anything else?
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #780
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
Oooh, only 8.5 hours and counting! I can't wait, even though I have no expectations of a real relationship forming I still get excited like its for real!

Anyone want to play a drinking game with me? Take a drink when they say "chemistry" "right reasons" "connection", anything else?
You can get snot slinging drunk on "awesome".

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: