Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #751
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
So Tiera got engaged in January. Basically, as soon as she returned from filming. Even more evidance that she was on the show as a "plant" or to boost some kind of acting "career"....
No, the show been done taping for a while.
happygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #752
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzneelvr View Post
I thought Sean worded it perfectly when he said he could not find much laughter with her. DD and I both said she was always wanting the date to become a therapy session about her past and it was getting frustrating.
I forgot about him saying that. Their date sessions were always more intense. I'd still like to know how much of that was in the editing though.

I'm always highly suspicious of this show. I always feel like I'm being led to think one thing, when it's most likely something else. Not a good show for a huge skeptic like me to be following. I find myself always looking for the angle.
MagicallyDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #753
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Okay, I will chime in again!

FIRST: I think that there is truth to BOTH what Ashlee claims he said, and the fact that he probably didn't quite say it that way. It is per-contract that the bachelor/bachelorette is not to make a 100% profession for any one of them, until the very end. It is by-definition, that it could be any-one-of-them... "Ohhhh, how can I be in love with 2/3 'amazing' women".... Etc... This whole thing wouldn't even work unless ALL the last women think that they are probably 'the one'. That is 'script'.

Men are known for saying what they think a woman wants to hear...
Women are known for 'hearing' things that are not quite actually said.

So, I think that the truth here lies somewhere in the middle.

SECOND: For anyone here who thought that Ashlee was just so weak and needy, and would just do anything to not be rejected... Like I had mentioned before. SO wrong. And I think it is obvious that the producers really pushed that whole 'abandoment' thing.

The fact that she called Sean a FRAT BOY to describe how he was with the other two women, compared to her... I can totally and completely agree. We had all mentioned how her dates were planned out to be SO different (almost boring) compared to the other girls. And, yes, from Sean's debut on his initial season a year ago, we had him called out as an immature commitment phobe...

Sorry people, but C'mon... climbing trees, eating bugs, playing pranks.. etc... etc.... etc... My 15 year old son wouldln't even be doing those things and acting like that...

He, and BOTH of the remaining two woman are virtual 12 year olds.
Seriously...
No question.

As Ashlee watches the episodes again (if she does) and processes the situation and her memory of how things went... She will get past the reaction of rejection and anger, and see that YES, very definitely Sean was not the guy that she had perceived... that he IS a frat-boy... And count her blessings that it all ended when it did.

For my best-guess prediction..
Given that we hear that he does actually propose to one of the last two women. It has to be 'wedding dress girl'.... they have such a close and common personality, family heritage, etc... I will not argue with anybody here who thinks he has a wonderful relationship with Katherine. But, they are just too different, different backgrounds, family situations, etc... I just can't see it.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #754
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

And, oh yes...
THIRD: Tierra and that HUGE rock...
Ummmm, yep, like everything else about this girl (god she needs help) it is completely and totally self-serving and FAKE.

Like, without any substantiating evidence of who-when-where-how... I am supposed to believe that she had a guy that was just so serious about her, and who has the money for THAT kind of huge rock, and was just waiting in the wings, and ready to propose and marry her, after seeing her behavior on the show....
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:10 AM   #755
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post

FIRST: I think that there is truth to BOTH what Ashlee claims he said, and the fact that he probably didn't quite say it that way. It is per-contract that the bachelor/bachelorette is not to make a 100% profession for any one of them, until the very end. It is by-definition, that it could be any-one-of-them... "Ohhhh, how can I be in love with 2/3 'amazing' women".... Etc... This whole thing wouldn't even work unless ALL the last women think that they are probably 'the one'. That is 'script'.

i agree with this. usually, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

i think the fact that the remaining two girls are more "fun" and less "serious" leads me to believe that we were right last season when we thought Sean was a commitment-phobe. he got rid of the two most serious ladies when he let go of Des and Ashlee. i don't think he's ready to settle down--and i think his mom knows this too. although, she really shouldn't worry since most of the relationships don't work out anyway.

i do think that Sean has a fun personality. he'd be fun to date. i dated someone like that once--he was a blast. but when it was time to consider if he was marriage material--he wasn't. and we were VERY briefly friends on Facebook so i know that i was completely right in my assessment so many years ago.

(and not that i don't think a husband can be fun--mine is. but i think that there are different kinds of fun.)

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #756
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberle View Post
So Tiera got engaged in January. Basically, as soon as she returned from filming. Even more evidance that she was on the show as a "plant" or to boost some kind of acting "career"....
Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
And what was up with Tiera's no comment comment when asked about her engagement. I smell a rat.
Ok, so I will admit to pausing the screen when they showed a closeup pf her ring. It looked to be at least 6-7 carats which would put it in the $80,000-$100,000 category judging by similar rings I found online. (snow day today, so yes, I did have time on my hands!) Unless she is marrying an incredibly wealthy man, I don't buy it. To me she looked almost guilty when asked about it. I also noticed she gave virtually no details, not even the guy's name. If she were really engaged she would have rubbed it in everyone's face. I think she is an immature pathological liar and attention seeker. I will bet anything the ring is fake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
No, the show been done taping for a while.
I read that it wrapped up filming in early December. She was probably home a month or so when she got "engaged".

Jeafl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #757
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeafl

Ok, so I will admit to pausing the screen when they showed a closeup pf her ring. It looked to be at least 6-7 carats which would put it in the $80,000-$100,000 category judging by similar rings I found online. (snow day today, so yes, I did have time on my hands!) Unless she is marrying an incredibly wealthy man, I don't buy it. To me she looked almost guilty when asked about it. I also noticed she gave virtually no details, not even the guy's name. If she were really engaged she would have rubbed it in everyone's face. I think she is an immature pathological liar and attention seeker. I will bet anything the ring is fake.

I read that it wrapped up filming in early December. She was probably home a month or so when she got "engaged".
The guy's name has been leaked online. But I agree about that rock. Unless its a family heirloom or he's rich, it looks suspicious.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #758
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

I agree, the truth about what was actually said between Ashlee and Sean is somewhere in the middle. My personal take is that he made a comment to reassure her of his feelings and she interpreted it differently than he meant. I think she came off as vindictive and petty last night. Sean looked confused when she kept harping on him, she just wouldn't let it go. She is NOT the sweet, caring abandoned girl they originally portrayed her as. Holy crap, she was ready to throw down with Tierra during her interview and literally threw her arms around like "let's go b!tch". Then with Sean, she was confrontational again. And for her to continually say that she is reserved and doesn't just jump into things? She was married at 17, is now divorced AND thought it was a wise decision to find love on The Bachelor.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 AM   #759
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

as far as Tierra's ring, i had a lovely yellow Diamonique ring from QVC that people constantly thought was real. i was even asked if my DH was a doctor (by someone who knew he worked at a hospital). (DH is not a doctor, BTW.)

(i'm just saying--there are a lot of nice, fake rings out there!)

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)

Last edited by fairestoneofall; 03-05-2013 at 10:05 AM.
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #760
MagicallyDelicious
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
I agree, the truth about what was actually said between Ashlee and Sean is somewhere in the middle. My personal take is that he made a comment to reassure her of his feelings and she interpreted it differently than he meant. I think she came off as vindictive and petty last night. Sean looked confused when she kept harping on him, she just wouldn't let it go. She is NOT the sweet, caring abandoned girl they originally portrayed her as. Holy crap, she was ready to throw down with Tierra during her interview and literally threw her arms around like "let's go b!tch". Then with Sean, she was confrontational again. And for her to continually say that she is reserved and doesn't just jump into things? She was married at 17, is now divorced AND thought it was a wise decision to find love on The Bachelor.
I think she came off seeming pissed off and disenchanted.

Either something truly did happen behind closed doors to make her feel that way, and/or she's watched the show now, and has watched how he was with the other two women whom he said meant nothing to him (or whatever it was she said, he said), or she's a sore loser.

I can forgive her for wanting to have it out with the hugely fake, contrite Tierra, though. That girl is all but begging to be put in her place.
MagicallyDelicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #761
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post

SECOND: For anyone here who thought that Ashlee was just so weak and needy, and would just do anything to not be rejected... Like I had mentioned before. SO wrong. And I think it is obvious that the producers really pushed that whole 'abandoment' thing.

The fact that she called Sean a FRAT BOY to describe how he was with the other two women, compared to her... I can totally and completely agree. We had all mentioned how her dates were planned out to be SO different (almost boring) compared to the other girls. And, yes, from Sean's debut on his initial season a year ago, we had him called out as an immature commitment phobe...

Sorry people, but C'mon... climbing trees, eating bugs, playing pranks.. etc... etc.... etc... My 15 year old son wouldln't even be doing those things and acting like that...

He, and BOTH of the remaining two woman are virtual 12 year olds.
Seriously...
No question.

As Ashlee watches the episodes again (if she does) and processes the situation and her memory of how things went... She will get past the reaction of rejection and anger, and see that YES, very definitely Sean was not the guy that she had perceived... that he IS a frat-boy... And count her blessings that it all ended when it did.

For my best-guess prediction..
Given that we hear that he does actually propose to one of the last two women. It has to be 'wedding dress girl'.... they have such a close and common personality, family heritage, etc... I will not argue with anybody here who thinks he has a wonderful relationship with Katherine. But, they are just too different, different backgrounds, family situations, etc... I just can't see it.
I actually agree with most of this too. I'm not sure that he's a commitment-phobe but I do think he is young at heart and probably not ready for marriage. I like Sean though, find him so much more likeable than every other bachelor with the exception of Andrew Firestone. I don't think he is the right man for Ashley at all. I do think he is a deeper person than wedding dress girl, but not deep enough for Des or Ashlee. I think Catherine is a perfect fit the more I think of it, as long as the two go on to date and not marry.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #762
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicallyDelicious View Post
I think she came off seeming pissed off and disenchanted.

Either something truly did happen behind closed doors to make her feel that way, and/or she's watched the show now, and has watched how he was with the other two women whom he said meant nothing to him (or whatever it was she said, he said), or she's a sore loser.

I can forgive her for wanting to have it out with the hugely fake, contrite Tierra, though. That girl is all but begging to be put in her place.
AshLee is so much older than the other girls. She's already been married. She's not wanting someone who is still looking for a lot of fun in marriage. She probably wants a family of her own.

I think she has some problems. She must have thought they were getting engaged because she told him exactly what she wanted in an engagement ring. That would scare me off if I were a guy. Especially only after a few weeks.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #763
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoyx2 View Post
I never liked AshLee at all. Looking for sympathy because she was adopted. What about thanks to her parents. Get over yourself girl. And act your age. You were not fun so get over yourself. And I don't believe Sean said those things to her. She was so delusional and sure of herself that her imagination is running away with itself. And telling him what style ring she wanted. What a nerve!

As for Sarah, has she never seen this show before? I believe she was chosen as a contestant because she has one arm, not because she has an exciting or interesting personality. I agree with a previous poster who said she is boring. I wish her luck - she is a lovely girl, but she was portrayed as another contestant playing the sympathy card.
I've known several grown adoptees who have abandonment issues very similar to hers. It's not something that is easy to let go of. They build big fences and let very few people in. She kept saying she "let him in" and now she not only has a fence, she probably built a moat with alligators, too.

I find Sarah BORING too. She speaks in the most boring monotone... it drives me insane. On the other hand I LOVE Ashlee's voice.

Quote:
It's obviously had a major impact on her. If she was looking for a partner, I'd hope she'd talk about it. I can only imagine that abandonment issues can play a huge role in relationships. Should she have kept it to herself? The show is looking for ratings, so you know they're going to zero in on it, and who knows how badly it was edited.

And she did talk about her gratitude towards her parents, multiple times.

ETA: I never looked at her as having issues with being adopted. She seems very grateful to her adoptive parents. Her issues to me, stemmed from her being abandoned by her birth parents and multiple foster homes. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'd be messed up too.

Quote:
Tierra is immature too, but what strikes me about her first, is that she's calculating and crazy.

Lindsay and Catherine show immaturity. Tierra is just nuts.

I think Lindsay and Catherine match Mr. Frat Boy perfectly. If he said the words "best friend" one more time I thought I'd upchuck. He's a nice guy but he's a child in my book and so are silly Catherine and giddy Lindsay. BTW, I cannot STAND the way Lindsay talks, she sounds like a 3rd grader! It's nauseating. He seems to like those less than a woman types, and he found them.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #764
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
as far as Tierra's ring, i had a lovely yellow Diamonique ring from QVC that people constantly thought was real. i was even asked if my DH was a doctor (by someone who knew he worked at a hospital). (DH is not a doctor, BTW.)

(i'm just saying--there are a lot of nice, fake rings out there!)
I had one years ago that fooled LOTS of people! I think I spent a few dollars on it and just wore it as a gag, NOT like Tierra did to throw it in those girls faces.

Even my son who was barely watching peeped her game. He just rolled his eyes and said, "yeah sure, January" . She is so full of it. It only made her look more pathetic.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #765
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Well, Tierra in the hot seat was kind of a letdown. I wanted Chris to ask her how she felt about what Sean said about her on the "Sean tells all" episode. It's pretty obvious Chris doesn't like her and enjoyed putting her on the spot.

I also wish that, when Tierra was saying how she didn't run to Sean with any names of other girls causing drama, someone would have stood up and shouted, "Because YOU were the only one creating drama, you nitwit!" She still doesn't get that it was all her. She could have made herself look better by saying something like, "I learned a lot about myself watching the show back" or "I'm embarrassed about the way I acted" or "my attitude could definitely use some work", but she blew it.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: