Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #61
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
I was just thinking about the gimmick thing last night - I noticed every single one had a gimmick. In past seasons only a few would (which were probably their own ideas or at least partially). It really seemed odd that everyone would have a stupid gimmick idea when meeting the Bachelor. I hope they lose that idea for next season. It's enough for them to naturally forget their name, slip on the wet bricks, etc.

Liz
ITA - It's like the producers think we are so stupid we can't see through some of the gimmicks.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #62
imapoohbear12
Earning My Ears

I am in!
imapoohbear12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #63
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckalew11 View Post
My friend is gone. No rose. I think if she'd had her natural haircolor and no fake tan, she would have been his type. She's probably boarding another cruise ship now.

The producers talked her into singing that little song. I guess they like them all do have some crazy gimmick when they get out of the limo. She was not happy to do it and I think those tears of being embarrassed at the end of the show were real--she did not want to do that. I did not think it was *that* horrible. I dunno, I've known Kelly since she was a very little girl--probably since she was 6 or 7. She is prettiest when she has no makeup on.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I'd have never survived people ripping on her so it for the best, lol.
Oh no, she was cute! What a shame that she did that fake tan, it probably looked good in person but on camera it looked horrible. She looked like a really pretty girl otherwise and I felt bad for her in the end saying she was embarrassed for singing the song. I thought the song was really cute. She has nothing to be embarrassed for! That drunk girl with the 50 Shades of Gray complex has a lot to be ashamed about but your friend did nothing wrong.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #64
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

I agree, she shouldn't be embarrassed...
Everyone knows the producers come up with half this stupid stuff.
Some of it is actually hilarious... (Kissing lessons from Arie!!)

Sean is a veteran here... and I am quite sure that was able to see right past the little song. If the thought that there might be something there. that would not have kept him from giving her a rose.

I really think that her cute, cruise-ship, personality, and her appearance that you mentioned with the hair and tan, were just not 'for him'. Nothing against it!!! I thought she was SO cute, except for the tan. She probably thought a tan would be good on camera, and just made a mistake and didn't realize that she might be over-doing it a little.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #65
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Kacie apparently asked to be on the show this time around since it was Sean as the bachelor.

I caught something about them meeting before. Anyone know the story on that? Were they friends at some point? Dating?

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 A Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife,#16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know

Currently reading: #24 A Daughter's Dream

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #66
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Kacie apparently asked to be on the show this time around since it was Sean as the bachelor.

I caught something about them meeting before. Anyone know the story on that? Were they friends at some point? Dating?
I believe they met at a Bachelor/Bachelorette franchise reunion - based on different reports they have these meet ups once or twice a year probably to get hopefuls for the Bachelor Pad show. Actually seems like a few have met/later married from these as well. Sounds like they met at one of those and hit it off.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #67
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

I'm a little late to this party, but i'm definitely in!

I was horrified when the gymnast woman tried to do backflips in a tight gown! It looked almost like she landed on her head or neck. I would be so mortified if I was her!

Now that Benda said her friend had said the producers wanted them to have a "memorable entrance', I wonder if they made her do those stupid flips??? She seemed so embarrassed by the whole thing.

I have no clear cut favorite yet. They all seemed so fake to me. I hope Sean will be good at weeding out the crazies. I was glad to see 50 Shades woman go. Who was the one that fell down the stairs? Was it bride woman or 50 Shades woman? I can't remember...
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #68
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeboysmom View Post
50 Shades Girl!! Oh my! I was speechless watching her! Sooooo glad she was gone the first night. Honestly, I would rather watch Courtney than her! Oh my gosh!! All that stupid dancing and showing off her butt cheek at the end. Absolutely no class whatsoever.

And Sean..... please don't ruin it for me. I like you. Don't get all sleezy on us now.
He showed that he has some standards. She'd be an easy romp in the hay before dumping her, since that was all she was advertizing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
OMG, I was SO cracking up at the kissing lessons from ARIE.
C'mon, you can't be taking any of that seriously!!!
It was all tongue-in-cheek... ( or tongue OUT of cheek!!! )
Ah, yeah, we get that it was all tongue in cheek.

It can still be considered gross after seeing the way Arie slobbered all over Emily every chance he got. I didn't want to see kissing lessons from him, even if it was a gimmick.

Just as someone else said
|
|
V
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Awkward! I just can't imagine a 30 yr old guy asking a friend to tell him how to kiss - stupid!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by daemom View Post
Surgery went well!!. Thanks!! I was still in and out during the show so I'll hopefully catch up next week. Was the 50 Shades of Grey Girl also drunk girl? I remember seeing drunk girl dancing in the background when he was talking to someone and then saw someone flashing a tattoo waaaay up high. My husband was stuck in the room so he was stuck watching it with me--he just shook his head!!
Yep, that was her. Interesting that in a doped up state, she is what stood out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
I also like Kacie, I think they would make a great pair but I did not see chemistry between the two of them, at least the first night.
I noticed that too. He also said that when he met her he only thought of her as a friend, not that he was instantly attracted to her. That's kind of the kiss of death right there.

Kacie, especially because of her strict parents, would be better off with Emily's Jeff. He's the kind to wait till marriage, rather than wanting to live together, because of his Mormon upbringing.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #69
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My friend is gone. No rose. I think if she'd had her natural haircolor and no fake tan, she would have been his type. She's probably boarding another cruise ship now.

The producers talked her into singing that little song. I guess they like them all do have some crazy gimmick when they get out of the limo. She was not happy to do it and I think those tears of being embarrassed at the end of the show were real--she did not want to do that. I did not think it was *that* horrible. I dunno, I've known Kelly since she was a very little girl--probably since she was 6 or 7. She is prettiest when she has no makeup on.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted and I'd have never survived people ripping on her so it for the best, lol.
She was one of DS favorites, he um, really liked her dress or rather, how it fit her! He was sad that she was gone and proposed that she'd probably be fine now that all the guys in the country saw her and know she's single.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo!

ebtbmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #70
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:

Aw, too bad. It is very obvious they had to come up with gimmicks, rather than just letting a natural conversation & real first impression progress. It wasn't clear at their meeting if she had to come up with the gimmick or if she thought that if she got booted off, at least she advertized she could sing and get some publicity for that by being on the show. I think that might have turned Sean off.

Like I think the black model in the blue gown - that looked like something from a Miss America pageant - seemed like she was there for TV exposure. With her cold attitude, she's more suited to be on one of the Real Housewives, shows.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #71
Buckalew11
2013 1/2 Marathon Finisher!!! Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
She was one of DS favorites, he um, really liked her dress or rather, how it fit her! He was sad that she was gone and proposed that she'd probably be fine now that all the guys in the country saw her and know she's single.
Aww...well you can tell him that she is a very sweet girl who absolutely LOVES Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
Aw, too bad. It is very obvious they had to come up with gimmicks, rather than just letting a natural conversation & real first impression progress. It wasn't clear at their meeting if she had to come up with the gimmick or if she thought that if she got booted off, at least she advertized she could sing and get some publicity for that by being on the show. I think that might have turned Sean off.

Like I think the black model in the blue gown - that looked like something from a Miss America pageant - seemed like she was there for TV exposure. With her cold attitude, she's more suited to be on one of the Real Housewives, shows.
Personally, that is what I thought too. I thought she sang because that's what she does for a living and I figured she wanted to put herself out there. However, when I texted her mom, she said that she was sick over them pushing her to do that and she just felt foolish, I was wrong. She seemed more upset at the end of the show over being embarrassed about singing than not getting a rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
Oh no, she was cute! What a shame that she did that fake tan, it probably looked good in person but on camera it looked horrible. She looked like a really pretty girl otherwise and I felt bad for her in the end saying she was embarrassed for singing the song. I thought the song was really cute. She has nothing to be embarrassed for! That drunk girl with the 50 Shades of Gray complex has a lot to be ashamed about but your friend did nothing wrong.
I'm not sure how good that fake tan looked in person, lol, but you are right, on camera, not good. Esp. when I know how pretty she is without that and her hair (I am not a fan of her as a blonde anyway & the style made me cringe). Makeup helps anyone but she looks better with less. She has two different colored eyes and she is more beautiful as a brunette. You can google her to see the difference.

And yes, the 50 Shades girl was an embarrassment to all women, lol. I'm sure her dad will never look at his neckties the same way again!

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Shining at the end of everyday
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
And tomorrow is just a dream away
Buckalew11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #72
kimmar067
Kimmie Moo Boo Boo
I’m SERIOUS..milk just fell from my --- udder

....well, I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY that I finally wacthed Episode 1....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #73
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I recorded it the other night, but I haven't seen it yet. Now, after reading all the cooments here, I can't wait!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #74
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, I HOPE YOU'RE ALL HAPPY that I finally wacthed Episode 1....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I recorded it the other night, but I haven't seen it yet. Now, after reading all the cooments here, I can't wait!
I'm keeping that first show on the DVR. Something tells me I will want to (need to!) go back to those introductions for clarity at some point!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #75
phorsenuf
Not so New Rule author on the DISSome discuss it calmly and some ...
Grandma Oboe

Location: Concord NH and now Davenport FL. Home to meth addicts and dislocated cowboys I'm told.

Quote:

And yes, the 50 Shades girl was an embarrassment to all women, lol. I'm sure her dad will never look at his neckties the same way again!

If she hasn't taken them all. And to the poster upthread that asked, yes, it was the 50 shades girl that fell down the steps.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: