Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #151
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran

I think they will keep Tierra and Amanda around asking as possible for drama and ratings. And I think they may keep a couple of others for diversity because the show has been getting slammed for that. I think it is probably already down to 3-4 real candidates and the rest are just there to fill 2 hours.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #152
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
I agree! Can I also add cleaning up vomit from a child who specializes in projectile vomiting and dealing with crazy relatives?

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #153
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
I thought the date he had with Ashlee with the two chronically ill girls was really sweet, and I thought it was genuine that he got teary eyed when Ashlee told him about being adopted. I want to leave my husband and marry Sean! My DD24 thinks I am a nut and she also thinks that only older women like Sean. She may be right about that.
I guess missed a lot when I switched channels. But no one was watching with me online the first hour. It's no fun that way. It's like sitting at a sorority meeting alone.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #154
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I guess missed a lot when I switched channels. But no one was watching with me online the first hour. It's no fun that way. It's like sitting at a sorority meeting alone.
That's how it is for me - I'm two hrs behind everyone.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #155
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
They should get the flu at the same time.

DH and I were on our honeymoon and were in Cambodia when I got sick first with some kind of virus. A few hours later DH got it. We were staying in a small room hotel/guest hour with a bedroom and a bathroom and no air conditioning. We still laugh about it.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #156
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #157
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:

Almost 29 years here, still hanging in. Never once jumped off a building. And I'd be saying to Sean, or anyone else, at the top of that building "See ya...no man is worth this."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeafl View Post
I agree! Can I also add cleaning up vomit from a child who specializes in projectile vomiting and dealing with crazy relatives?
With a broken washing machine, and how about a backed up septic tank for good measure?
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #158
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

30 years here and every week I say to my husband I can't believe we have managed this long without ziplining over alligaters, cliff diving, scaling a building, etc and so forth. But like all of you I suggest to him that they throw some real life situations at them (and not the kind they call real life...don't you love it when they have popcorn and movies at home; a mansion rented home and not paid for by the reality stars and say this is what it would be like real life???). Real life would be job loss, a stack of bills you aren't sure what to do with, and all those other tough decisions that come out of nowhere!

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #159
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
30 years here and every week I say to my husband I can't believe we have managed this long without ziplining over alligaters, cliff diving, scaling a building, etc and so forth. But like all of you I suggest to him that they throw some real life situations at them (and not the kind they call real life...don't you love it when they have popcorn and movies at home; a mansion rented home and not paid for by the reality stars and say this is what it would be like real life???). Real life would be job loss, a stack of bills you aren't sure what to do with, and all those other tough decisions that come out of nowhere!

Liz
Another 30-year couple here and I so agree with y'all!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #160
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Another 30-year couple here and I so agree with y'all!!

Is there a pattern here? We are married 29 years, and guess what? When we were dating I never used the word "connection" to describe the wonderful feelings dh and I had!!
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #161
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
Is there a pattern here? We are married 29 years, and guess what? When we were dating I never used the word "connection" to describe the wonderful feelings dh and I had!!
....29 -1/2 years HERE.....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #162
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
We're 25 years but have never referred to the other as "amazing"!

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #163
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
We're 25 years but have never referred to the other as "amazing"!
Yeah me neither - nor has our 30 years been a "journey"...maybe a "process" but I don't recall saying that outloud! LOL

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #164
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Yeah me neither - nor has our 30 years been a "journey"...maybe a "process" but I don't recall saying that outloud! LOL

Liz
But during your "process" has your husband ever run out to the balcony of your multi million dollar mansion sobbing in tears? Seems to happen quite often on The Bachelor!

I told my DD if Sean cries that is going to be it for me. Then he cried the other night. But he wasn't crying over one of the "amazing women" going home or anything, he was crying over Ashley telling him her adoption story. I give him a pass for that.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #165
violetrose
DIS Veteran

Also remember ladies, even though we aren't saying the words, we are all the ones WINNING!

(in the words of whatshername crazypants from Ben's season. I'm still so surprised she never tried for more fame. )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: