Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #151
StitchesGr8Fan
DIS Veteran
 
StitchesGr8Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,680

I think they will keep Tierra and Amanda around asking as possible for drama and ratings. And I think they may keep a couple of others for diversity because the show has been getting slammed for that. I think it is probably already down to 3-4 real candidates and the rest are just there to fill 2 hours.
__________________
'86-offsite, '91-Buena Vista Palace, '92-offsite, '97-offsite, '98-Magic Music Days, '06-ASMu, '07-FtW, '09-ASMu,'10-POR,'12-Poly (Honeymoon!)
'14 - Pop
StitchesGr8Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #152
Jeafl
Has an emergency auto hammer & knows how to use it
Collects Beta fish
Meow-y Christmas!!
Since when did 41 become middle aged?
 
Jeafl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: NW suburbs of Chicago
Posts: 7,705

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
I agree! Can I also add cleaning up vomit from a child who specializes in projectile vomiting and dealing with crazy relatives?
__________________
Jill

Jeafl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #153
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's
 
Imzadi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"
Posts: 24,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
I thought the date he had with Ashlee with the two chronically ill girls was really sweet, and I thought it was genuine that he got teary eyed when Ashlee told him about being adopted. I want to leave my husband and marry Sean! My DD24 thinks I am a nut and she also thinks that only older women like Sean. She may be right about that.
I guess missed a lot when I switched channels. But no one was watching with me online the first hour. It's no fun that way. It's like sitting at a sorority meeting alone.
__________________
"The Community Board -- Beating a dead horse one thread at a time." ~wvjules
..
"It is estimated that there are one billion stars, like ours, and in all the universe.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #154
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran
 
MAGICFOR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 9,867

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I guess missed a lot when I switched channels. But no one was watching with me online the first hour. It's no fun that way. It's like sitting at a sorority meeting alone.
That's how it is for me - I'm two hrs behind everyone.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #155
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran
 
KiKi Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 1,683

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
They should get the flu at the same time.

DH and I were on our honeymoon and were in Cambodia when I got sick first with some kind of virus. A few hours later DH got it. We were staying in a small room hotel/guest hour with a bedroom and a bathroom and no air conditioning. We still laugh about it.
__________________
Enjoying the mouse since 2007. Now as new DVC members at BLT
KiKi Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #156
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 90,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I guess missed a lot when I switched channels. But no one was watching with me online the first hour. It's no fun that way. It's like sitting at a sorority meeting alone.
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #157
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless
 
MaryAnnDVC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RGBBLA
Posts: 15,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
Almost 29 years here, still hanging in. Never once jumped off a building. And I'd be saying to Sean, or anyone else, at the top of that building "See ya...no man is worth this."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeafl View Post
I agree! Can I also add cleaning up vomit from a child who specializes in projectile vomiting and dealing with crazy relatives?
With a broken washing machine, and how about a backed up septic tank for good measure?
__________________
MaryAnnDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:28 PM   #158
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,106

30 years here and every week I say to my husband I can't believe we have managed this long without ziplining over alligaters, cliff diving, scaling a building, etc and so forth. But like all of you I suggest to him that they throw some real life situations at them (and not the kind they call real life...don't you love it when they have popcorn and movies at home; a mansion rented home and not paid for by the reality stars and say this is what it would be like real life???). Real life would be job loss, a stack of bills you aren't sure what to do with, and all those other tough decisions that come out of nowhere!

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #159
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
30 years here and every week I say to my husband I can't believe we have managed this long without ziplining over alligaters, cliff diving, scaling a building, etc and so forth. But like all of you I suggest to him that they throw some real life situations at them (and not the kind they call real life...don't you love it when they have popcorn and movies at home; a mansion rented home and not paid for by the reality stars and say this is what it would be like real life???). Real life would be job loss, a stack of bills you aren't sure what to do with, and all those other tough decisions that come out of nowhere!

Liz
Another 30-year couple here and I so agree with y'all!!
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #160
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Another 30-year couple here and I so agree with y'all!!

Is there a pattern here? We are married 29 years, and guess what? When we were dating I never used the word "connection" to describe the wonderful feelings dh and I had!!
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #161
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!
 
kimmar067's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: "Exit 16W" of the Land of the Last!
Posts: 90,256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
Is there a pattern here? We are married 29 years, and guess what? When we were dating I never used the word "connection" to describe the wonderful feelings dh and I had!!
....29 -1/2 years HERE.....
__________________
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #162
violetrose
DIS Veteran
 
violetrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
Is there a pattern here? We are married 29 years, and guess what? When we were dating I never used the word "connection" to describe the wonderful feelings dh and I had!!
We're 25 years but have never referred to the other as "amazing"!
__________________
me DH DD23 DS22 DS18

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #163
Traveliz
DIS Veteran
 
Traveliz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 8,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
We're 25 years but have never referred to the other as "amazing"!
Yeah me neither - nor has our 30 years been a "journey"...maybe a "process" but I don't recall saying that outloud! LOL

Liz
Traveliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #164
violetrose
DIS Veteran
 
violetrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveliz View Post
Yeah me neither - nor has our 30 years been a "journey"...maybe a "process" but I don't recall saying that outloud! LOL

Liz
But during your "process" has your husband ever run out to the balcony of your multi million dollar mansion sobbing in tears? Seems to happen quite often on The Bachelor!

I told my DD if Sean cries that is going to be it for me. Then he cried the other night. But he wasn't crying over one of the "amazing women" going home or anything, he was crying over Ashley telling him her adoption story. I give him a pass for that.
__________________
me DH DD23 DS22 DS18

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:37 PM   #165
violetrose
DIS Veteran
 
violetrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,191

Also remember ladies, even though we aren't saying the words, we are all the ones WINNING!

(in the words of whatshername crazypants from Ben's season. I'm still so surprised she never tried for more fame. )
__________________
me DH DD23 DS22 DS18

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: