Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #136
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post
I think that was Tierra.

Just to clarify on the "no spoilers" thing, can we post what's happening as its happening? I thought that was ok but that we shouldn't post what we hear may happen on future episodes. How are we doing this, don't want to be the one to spoil it!
Once it already airs, it's free game! We don't post what we hear might happen on future episodes. What's hard is staying away from reading when you are in a different time zone
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #137
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I think I'm a couple weeks behind-last night I watched the episode where Sean had a "valuable" piece of art crash down, and he watched from behind the scenes to see the girl's reaction. Does anyone else think this was just plain mean, mean, mean. Then when he offered her the rose, she hesitated, because, she said, of the prank he'd played on her. Apparently she was just kidding, but I truly WOULD have hesitated. Hopefully the producers forced him to do that-I wouldn't have laughed!
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #138
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Yep, not the first time he has pulled something like that.

He seems VERY immature (also a commitment-phobe) and does not seem to understand that jokes are just NOT funny when they are at someone else's expense.

Also, what is the kicker for me, is that this us just so completely disrespectful.

Even if the producers had suggested such a thing, the bachelor should never have gone along with that.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:36 PM   #139
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
I am guessing that she wanted to tip Sean off that Tierra is trouble... that there is drama between her and another girl. Hoping that he would would accept what she had to say, send them home, and give her brownie points.

NOT!!!!

The trick was to do that while trying to sound completely neutral. So, she couldn't come out directly and say "Well, Tierra 'this' and Tierra 'that'...." Because it would look like she was tying to dish on a girl that she didn't personally like.

Anyhow.. it was all just strange!!!!

One would think that of all the girls... this being her second go-round, that she would know that Bachelorette 101 rule!!!!
If I remember correctly, Kacie wasn't even talking about Tierra being trouble. I think she was talking about tension between Amanda and Desiree, but I could be remembering that wrong!
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #140
emer95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1715

If I remember correctly, Kacie wasn't even talking about Tierra being trouble. I think she was talking about tension between Amanda and Desiree, but I could be remembering that wrong!
Yes, you are correct. What Kacie said had nothing to do with Tierra.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #141
Wishing on a star
DIS Veteran
Another proud Southerner!

Yep, my bad!!!!
My fingers must be typing faster than my brain.
Of course Tierra is trouble too.
But this wasn't about Tierra!!!!!

I swear, I think I have a disability when it comes to namess!!!

Last edited by Wishing on a star; 01-23-2013 at 01:27 PM.
Wishing on a star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #142
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin1715 View Post
Yes, it was Amanda and Des. Which boggles my mind even further.... WHY was Kacie telling him that there's tension between 2 of the girls?? Why Why Why? What the heck was she trying to prove or get across to Sean??? I was shaking my head during the entire conversation. I didn't get the point of it and obviously Sean didn't either.

I can see if one finds out that a girl is not there for the guy or there's a boyfriend back home.... but this had nothing to do with ANYTHING!

I really liked Kacie from Ben's season. She was my favorite, and I was so excited to see her back. But gosh, she's had a couple of screws come loose or something...

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You

Currently reading: #40 Dragonfly in Amber

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #143
violetrose
DIS Veteran

I'm just catching up, I haven't been following this thread or read the comments yet but I have to say I am surprised we are 4 (or 3?) episodes in and I'm shocked I still love Sean. He seems like a great guy to me, and so handsome. Right now my favorite girls are Ashlee, Catherine and Desiree. Sean really nailed Kacie when he said she was acting crazy, she had such crazy eyes when they were talking it was creepy! I did like her in Ben's season but I am remembering now that she went to Ben's hotel room to warn him about Courtney which in hindsight was a bit crazy too.

I thought the date he had with Ashlee with the two chronically ill girls was really sweet, and I thought it was genuine that he got teary eyed when Ashlee told him about being adopted. I want to leave my husband and marry Sean! My DD24 thinks I am a nut and she also thinks that only older women like Sean. She may be right about that.

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #144
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

I started the thread and haven't been back since. I never understood when other people did that. LOL But life got complicated (and my laptop broke, meaning I actually have to sit up, as I am, at the desktop. Geez! ) Still have to catch up on the thread, from page one. Work work work!

I didn't think the art prank was particularly funny, and I do hate when EVERY SINGLE BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE wants to see how someone will handle a situation, and then goes on to praise them for doing so (can't they get some new writers???), BUT I think it was SO obviously a prank, and she knew it.

I know this is a totally stupid idea, but I wish they'd actually have a season where it was all about finding love. I mean, find 25 people who, at the very least, have A LOT in common with the Bachelor/Bachelorette and not just fill certain roles (the villain, the overly sensitive one, the this/that), have those vying for his/her love NOT share bedrooms so that there's less time to get to hate each other, don't take them all over the world (so that there aren't people in it JUST for the opportunity to go all over the world), don't put them on ridiculous group dates, etc. Is that too much to ask?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #145
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

.....not watching.....still...not....watching......

.....okay, you got it outta me - I DID peek here and there....there, ya HAPPY now?
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #146
emer95
DIS Veteran

Mary Anne, YES I agree with you! I always hate how they make them do horribly scary things. Then it shows that they can "get through anything together."
Old 01-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #147
ebtbmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
Mary Anne, YES I agree with you! I always hate how they make them do horribly scary things. Then it shows that they can "get through anything together."
I agree, it drives me crazy that they will judge them on something stupid like willingess to jump out of a helicopter into the ocean rather than genuinely desirable personality traits. How many times in your life as a couple will she be required to jump out of a helicopter/repel down a building/walk up a bridge/etc?

But hey, as long as she's got an adventurous spirit who cares if she's narcissistic/alcoholic/drama queen/shopping addict/etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishing on a star View Post
Yep, my bad!!!!
My fingers must be typing faster than my brain.
Of course Tierra is trouble too.
But this wasn't about Tierra!!!!!

I swear, I think I have a disability when it comes to namess!!!
Oh, don't feel bad. If the girls were different and interesting it would be a lot easier to tell them apart.
11/2004 1st trip, ASM,11/2006 2nd trip, POP,6/2008 day trip DLR,11/2008 3rd trip, POP,1/2010 DLR at DLH!,1/2011 1st solo POFQ, 11/2011 POR, 3/2012 B-day trip! 10/2012 POP, 6/2013 day trip DLP 11/2013 POP 2/2014 CSR 2nd solo! 10/2014 CBR
ebtbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:05 PM   #148
emer95
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom

I agree, it drives me crazy that they will judge them on something stupid like willingess to jump out of a helicopter into the ocean rather than genuinely desirable personality traits. How many times in your life as a couple will she be required to jump out of a helicopter/repel down a building/walk up a bridge/etc?

But hey, as long as she's got an adventurous spirit who cares if she's narcissistic/alcoholic/drama queen/shopping addict/etc.?

Oh, don't feel bad. If the girls were different and interesting it would be a lot easier to tell them apart.
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #149
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
....well, anything except escape those pesky media hounds....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath...""Am I Up to the Challenge..."
I've been BOO'ED!!!
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #150
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetrose View Post
I'm just catching up, I haven't been following this thread or read the comments yet but I have to say I am surprised we are 4 (or 3?) episodes in and I'm shocked I still love Sean. He seems like a great guy to me, and so handsome. Right now my favorite girls are Ashlee, Catherine and Desiree. Sean really nailed Kacie when he said she was acting crazy, she had such crazy eyes when they were talking it was creepy! I did like her in Ben's season but I am remembering now that she went to Ben's hotel room to warn him about Courtney which in hindsight was a bit crazy too.

I thought the date he had with Ashlee with the two chronically ill girls was really sweet, and I thought it was genuine that he got teary eyed when Ashlee told him about being adopted. I want to leave my husband and marry Sean! My DD24 thinks I am a nut and she also thinks that only older women like Sean. She may be right about that.
See, I was so confused by her conversation - I assumed she was going to talk about Tierra, and then when she mentioned Desiree and Amanda, I was stunned and kept waiting for her to bring Tierra into it. Maybe she was going to talk about Tierra and then chickened out because she realized that Sean was fooled and his body language was a little cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I started the thread and haven't been back since. I never understood when other people did that. LOL But life got complicated (and my laptop broke, meaning I actually have to sit up, as I am, at the desktop. Geez! ) Still have to catch up on the thread, from page one. Work work work!

I didn't think the art prank was particularly funny, and I do hate when EVERY SINGLE BACHELOR/BACHELORETTE wants to see how someone will handle a situation, and then goes on to praise them for doing so (can't they get some new writers???), BUT I think it was SO obviously a prank, and she knew it.

I know this is a totally stupid idea, but I wish they'd actually have a season where it was all about finding love. I mean, find 25 people who, at the very least, have A LOT in common with the Bachelor/Bachelorette and not just fill certain roles (the villain, the overly sensitive one, the this/that), have those vying for his/her love NOT share bedrooms so that there's less time to get to hate each other, don't take them all over the world (so that there aren't people in it JUST for the opportunity to go all over the world), don't put them on ridiculous group dates, etc. Is that too much to ask?
Welcome back! Life happens! I know it is so stupid to even begin to think that any of this resembles real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
.....not watching.....still...not....watching......

.....okay, you got it outta me - I DID peek here and there....there, ya HAPPY now?
and yet....here you are! You can just read here and find out all about it so it's all good.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebtbmom View Post

Yes, I would have to say that unless you are a spy or something you probably won't be called on to do any of those things on a regular basis.

Quote:
LOL, my husband and I have repelled down a building exactly zero times, yet we've managed to be happily married for over 17 years.

If they want to have dates to see if they will stand the test of time, they should have them do yard work, clean a whole house in an hour, do a diaper changing competition, moderate a spirited debate between the inlaws, and grocery shop on a budget. I'd watch that!
Now there would be a show to do! Spend a weekend cooped up in with two toddlers and a dog - with the task of cleaning the house and yard work while keeping the little ones happy and cared for, and creating quality time for each other, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....well, anything except escape those pesky media hounds....
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: