Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
BensWife
Mouseketeer

What is different about the Swan and Dolphin?

I'm a newbie when it comes to WDW trip planning, so bear with me. As I am looking at the different resorts it looks like the Swan and the Dolphin are different than the other hotels. Are they just for DVC or something? Thanks.

'77 DL - Holiday Inn
'93 DL - Disneyland Hotel
'98 WDW - Port Orleans French Q.
'10 DL - Grand Californian (June & Aug),
'12 DL - Candy Cane Inn
'13 WDW - Saratoga Springs (SWW)
July '14 DL - DLH (just DH and ME!)
Sept '14 DL - Renting Grand Californian Villas
BensWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

S&D are not owned by Disney, they are a Westin & a Sheraton. They ARE on Disney property, right in the Epcot Resort area along side of BC, YC & BW.

By staying there, you do get Disney's EMH and use of Disney transportation, however they do not participate in ME. You need to have a car or pay for transportation to/from the airport.

Many will say (myself included) that you get a deluxe resort with a can't-beat location for the price of a Disney moderate resort. They are one of my favorite places to stay in WDW. You also earn rewards points for staying there, something Disney doesn't offer. We've had many free nights there over the course of the years with points.

Many will say they'd never stay there because there is no Disney theming. They are more conference hotels. I don't need hidden Mickeys on my carpet when I can look out any window & see Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror or The Boardwalk!

Try it, you may like it!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
emilyindisney
DIS Veteran

My sister stayed at the Swan a few years back for free (on reward points) and was able to sit on her balcony and have a great view for fireworks. My family stayed a while ago and found great amenities, and great location though no Disney themeing.

March 1996 (Swan), March 2008 (CBR), January 2013 (AoA), February 2014 (ASSp/BWV), October 2014 (Pop)

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" -Walt Disney
emilyindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #4
DisneyJanFeb2008
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Swan last year. Great location and you pay a lot less than BC/BW. We did miss the upscale feel and Disney quality/theming. Swan didn't have much in it for dining but Dolphin did. But neither than great for dining - go to the BW or Epcot to eat. I'd book whichever was cheaper - they are basically the same.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Swan is a bit smaller with a more intimate feel and queen beds. Dolphin has a more grand feel, is much bigger, a bit closer to the main pool and has full sized beds. The food court type restaurant is at the Dolphin.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
Robbi
DIS Veteran

A big difference is a deluxe resort for the price of a Disney mod. There are 17 restaurants between the Swan and Dolphin. The location is wonderful.
Robbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: