Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

the couple is no longer together but are still raising the child. One has gotten ill and can't work so they filed for assistance.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW/US (in planning)

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
JennaDeeDooDah
My oh my what a wonderful day!

I wonder how this is going to affect future cases of gay couples wanting to have a child. I understand the argument that it is creepy that they bought sperm off of Craig's List. I understand that the contract appears to not be valid. However, how are couples who are wanting to have a child going to react knowing about this case? How are men who are willing to donate sperm or women who are willing to be surrogates going to respond?

*1993 - CBR* *1996 - CR* *1999 - Poly* *2005 - College Program* *2005 - CBR* *2006 - Off site* *2008 - ASMu* *2012 - Pop* *2012 - POR Royal Guest Room* *2013 - All Star Sports* *2013 - Disneyland* *2014 - ASMO* *2014 - AoA* *2014 - WL* *2015 - POR Royal Guest Room*

JennaDeeDooDah is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #18
Laugh O. Grams

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaDeeDooDah View Post
I wonder how this is going to affect future cases of gay couples wanting to have a child. I understand the argument that it is creepy that they bought sperm off of Craig's List. I understand that the contract appears to not be valid. However, how are couples who are wanting to have a child going to react knowing about this case? How are men who are willing to donate sperm or women who are willing to be surrogates going to respond?
If it's done legally? This case should have no effect at all.

This is plainly a case of four dimwits (yes, I include the guy's wife) who completely neglected to go through the proper channels to get a legally binding agreement for sperm donation. As a pp said, it's obvious they wanted a baby on the cheap and were clearly willing to go forward without any legal consultation whatsoever. I mean, good grief, we're talking about the creation of human life here, not the purchase of a used car.

In the end, the state is not out to screw anyone. It's out to protect the rights of the child, and those rights include financial support from both legal parents. Utter stupidity doesn't get you out of the care of your child, I don't care how they came into the world.
Laugh O. Grams is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: