Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
Mom2aJessieGirl
DIS Veteran

Anxious about a different resort this trip (ASSP)

Typically, we stay at POFQ, WL or FW when we visit WDW. Last night, I booked a quick trip for my DD7 and myself where we will be staying at ASSP for 4 nights at the end of the month. While I am super thrilled we're getting to go, I'm a little frustrated that we're not able to make POFQ fit in our budget.

So... tell me it's all going to be worth it! After all, I'm saving a ton of money for a short trip! I've read that the bus stops there first...at least that's a good thing, right?
WDW (Dolphin/FW) February 2014; WDW (POP) March 2013 (F&G);WDW (ASsp) January 2013;WDW (POFQ/FW) May 2012 (SWW); WDW (FW) February 2012; WDW (POFQ) November-December 2011 (MVMCP); WDW (POFQ/FW) February 2011; DLR (GCH) August 2010; WDW (WL) Spring 2002; WDW (WL) August 1997; WDW (WL) July 1994; DLR (DLH) Mid 90's; WDW July-August 1991; WDW March 1989; And a couple more for good measure!
Mom2aJessieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #2
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

I've got to say we've downgraded a couple of trips and they were not to my liking... Told the wife never again, no matter what Disney offers over the phone...

They offered long ago to stay at the GF when we reserved CR ( our resort for about 5 trips then)...hated the whole premise and layout of GF..

We had a 3 group vacation going and wanted 3 rooms at WL but they were booked and they offered OKW at some ridiculous cheap price... We took it, 2 bedroom villa .... Again hated it, size, location, 3rd floor, infant and no elevator !!

Then our excursion to POFQ, daughters family going and could afford moderate so we stayed too... Though we have visited this resort many times our stay was ok but I still pined for my WL..

We done 47 trips to WDW and 10+ have been repeats to WL... It has it all....no more resort chasing, or trying to save a buck, I'll stay WL or nothing... Sorry but when we travel 1100 miles, I want what I like, can relax at, know the reasons why I'm happy and am willing to pay the price...

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #3
Kay1
Check out Ricki's hidden Mickey!
The only tricky part is judging when the actual boiling begins

When it's just my son and I, we always choose All Stars. I think Disney has done a good job refurbishing the rooms and making them more attractive.

Also, I love the bus situation you mentioned.

I think you'll be more than fine and hope you'll have a fantastic trip.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

We love the All Stars. I would not hesitate going back there in a minute- although we would need 2 rooms now. Sports is the ony one we have not tried, but have been to Movies many times, and music once. Actually if you look at our previous trips, we stayed at POFQ and then the next year went back to all stars. They only share buses at slower times, not all the time. Plus, I like the bus lines at the values rather than everyone push to the front when the bus pulls up. You will still have a blast, dont worry.

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days
wdw4rfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

If you arrive after the 20th you'll miss the Cheerleading and Dance crowds (dollars to doughnuts they'll corral them at ASsports). You can probably expect a bunch of BTGs to be there as well, since Jan. is one of the months that they are there in droves. Hopefully this won't adversely impact your stay (the way it did ours).
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #6
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
If you arrive after the 20th you'll miss the Cheerleading and Dance crowds (dollars to doughnuts they'll corral them at ASsports). You can probably expect a bunch of BTGs to be there as well, since Jan. is one of the months that they are there in droves. Hopefully this won't adversely impact your stay (the way it did ours).
Don't be so sure...we were at CBR first week of Feb for our anniversary trip a couple years ago, and there were several dance teams there, too. It was pretty funny, we saw one specific group a few times at the bus stop and food court, and when we got to the airport to go home, they were there as well! We didn't have any problems with them, though.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #7
JeannieKY
Tink fan

On our way home from a stay at the All Star Sports and we really enjoyed it. I've stayed at all the All Star Resorts, Pop Century, POFQ, WL and Beach Club. I wouldn't hesitate to book the All Star Sports again, especially if it was just 2 of us.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: