Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #1
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

WDW after cruise...experiences?

Hi again! Looking for experiences from those who chose to do WDW after their cruise instead of before. Thinking that to maybe lessen the pain of only a three night cruise, we should do Disney after. Anyone??
Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
BigJon
will work for Dole Whip

This is exactly what we've done on numerous occasions after our Disney cruise. I hate to leave the cruise ship, but it's nice to know that our Disney experience is not over. We usually get off the ship around 8am, and get to the park around 9:30am
BigJon is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon
This is exactly what we've done on numerous occasions after our Disney cruise. I hate to leave the cruise ship, but it's nice to know that our Disney experience is not over. We usually get off the ship around 8am, and get to the park around 9:30am
Of that's good news! I was guessing we would get there later... What transportation have you used?
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #4
mimmi
DIS Veteran

We did it after our last cruise and enjoyed it. We were in WDW shortly before 9am and I, too, was glad that Disney wasn't over after the cruise.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
AudreyKThompson
Disney Diva

We have done it both ways, and while it is nice to relax from the hectic pace of the parks on a cruise, I agree with pp that it is really fun to continue to Disney magic after sailing. That is what we are doing this year- 4 day cruise then 3 days in the parks, ending with my daughter's birthday celebration at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and brunch with Cinderella! I think I may be even more excited than she . . .
AudreyKThompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
the_bUg
Mouseketeer

We decided to cruise before visiting the parks. The thought was that a cruise will be perfect to rid ourselves of work stress. We're both booked in for a nice destressing massage on our first night. After a couple days laying around on beaches, adult dinners and bahama mammas by quiet cove pool we'll be ready to rock the parks commando style.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 01-06-2013, 07:22 PM   #7
CSHaydt
Mouseketeer

We did the parks after the 5 day cruise (Sun- Thurs) We got checked in and were in Epcot by 1 pm on Thursday. We were in the parks (Thurs - Sat) and then home on Sun. Honestly - it was a blast and we always have a fantastic time when we do the parks. However.... I think next time we do that we will keep a more relaxed pace. We got off the ship and went mock 10 through all the parks. It was way too much. I would only do like 2 parks; relax more at the pools just keep a more relaxing pace.

Or... do the parks first and then hit the Cruise cause by the time we got home we were wiped out and needed a vacation from the 3 days in Disney.

Hope that's helpful.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #8
macfinn
Chief Vacation Planner and Dis Dad's Club Member #58

the opposite

so we are thinking of doing the parks first than a 4 day cruise? we have done magic before and really want to do dream or fantasy? which do you prefer and would you do parks first?? thanks

macfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
ILUVALASKA
DIS Veteran

We have also done it both ways and prefer parks first and then cruise. The parks were a bit of a let down after the beautiful cruise ship. We were much more rested after the cruise and then heading back to work. The parks wear us out!

me:DHDS

CMU Tartan Family
ILUVALASKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 AM   #10
ML_LovesDisney
DIS Veteran

We plan to do 3 nights at Disney after the cruise but this will be our first time doing it. Our thought is "at least our vacation won't be ending". I know some people like to do it before but we think we will enjoy it more after. It would really suck to get straight on a plane after getting off cruise ship

ML_LovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:11 AM   #11
jeffrey66
Earning My Ears

Last year my son and I spent two nights at POR before our 4 night cruise on the Dream and the whole trip was great. We were there in early May and the weather was perfect. It all went by so quick and as we were headed back to the airport after the cruise I wished we were going back to WDW for a few more days.
This year we are going to BCV for two nights before our 4 night cruise and then three nights at WLV after the cruise. I think this will eliminate any feelings of wishing that I had done more. The pace of the cruise can be a nice way to wind down after a few hectic days at the parks and maybe staying at the resorts for just one night after the cruise would be enough. It would get rid of that feeling of wishing you werent headed home just yet.
jeffrey66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #12
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

We did 7 night Fantasy and then 4 days at the park. We had a car service pick us up at the port and went right to our wdw resort. I was worried that it would be too much, but we had a blast. Kids were so sad to leave the ship but once we were on our way to the resort, they got so excited for the parks. We would do it that way again in a heart beat.

Next DCL trip Aug/2015
JennyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #13
dorkeemn
Mouseketeer

we've done before and after and much prefer the before option. Parks are fun for the rides, but the service isn't there compared to the ship. Coming off the ship and going to the hotel, parks is a bit of a letdown - unless you do the meal plan.
dorkeemn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #14
robandkelly13
DIS Veteran

We've done it both ways, the cruise before WDW and the cruise after WDW. Doing the cruise before the parks was okay, but by the second day, we were wondering, "Where is the kids'club!?!" On the other hand, the pro to cruising first is that by the time you disembark and get to WDW, you still have a full day at the park
Old 01-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #15
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

We've done WDW after both our cruises and we love it that way. It's seriously depressing getting off the ship and going straight to the airport would make it 10 times worse! We're cruising out of Miami in April and I'm afraid we're all going to have park withdrawal!

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: