Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
nictodisney
Mouseketeer

Why so little info on All Star Music

All-Star Music is one of the few hotels with out a lot of talk. Any positive or negatives out there? We're leaning toward Pop so we can walk over to AoA but need more info on Music. Thanks
nictodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:09 PM   #2
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

We have stayed at All Star Music twice in a family suite.

Our family loved the resort. The food court was never very busy and they have a wide variety of choices at every meal.

The kids loved hanging out at the pool in evenings because they have a ping pong table out by the pool and they show movies after dark right there by the pool.

Earlier in the afternoon they have a CM out by the pool playing trivia and bingo with everybody. But I think they do that at all the values.

If you get a preferred room there is a laundry room right by the main pool. We used it on our first trip there but not on our second trip. On the second trip I made sure everybody brought enough clothes to last the whole week.

If and when we go back with our kids (there's 1 tween and 2 teens) we will stay there again in a suite. It is the best option for us as a family of 5.

I wouldn't stay at POP because they have the same size food court as all the rest but they have twice as many rooms. SO I would think that could cause chaos in the food court at meal times. But since I have never stayed at Pop I can't say for sure.

There is a thread for All Star Music FAQ or something like that. It's a big long thread. If you search for it you should be able to pull it up.
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

Here it is http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1562324
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:22 PM   #4
nictodisney
Mouseketeer

thanks

I looked through that post some but half was a few years old - it Just wasn't organized like the other threads for hotels. Any current info, pics, or changes would be great. Thanks
nictodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
loganjared
Mouseketeer

We are staying at ASMu for the first time and would love more reviews & pics too.

6/1994 Honeymoon CBR; 6/2004 DS's first trip/10 yr anniversary CBR; 6/2005 ASMo; 2/2007 ASSp; 6/2009 15 yr anniversary ASMo; 6/2010 POFQ; 6/2011 POFQ

loganjared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nictodisney View Post
All-Star Music is one of the few hotels with out a lot of talk. Any positive or negatives out there? We're leaning toward Pop so we can walk over to AoA but need more info on Music. Thanks
Maybe there isn't a lot of talk about it because there really isn't anything bad to say. We all tend to post our negative experiences and I personally have nothing negative to say about ASM.

We have stayed there twice.

- beautiful resort
- very clean
- great cm's
- very clean and well maintained food court
- never too busy at food court
- buses were quick and efficient and we rarely shared with other all star resorts

My only advice is to pay for a preferred room in Calypso if you want to be near buses and food court.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
GreenCntryGirl
The DIS keeps me up past my bedtime.

I had to book here because Port Orleans Riverside was full for our family size. At first I was bummed, but I'm thinking we will like the extra space and the 2 bathrooms.

Mimi, Papa, Daddy, Uncle Alec, and Boo
Star Wars Weekend 2013
All Star Music
GreenCntryGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
pxydst
Mouseketeer

Were you planning on stying in the family suites??
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #9
dawnhaze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nictodisney
I stayed in the Broadway section during my Halloween trip and found it to be a nice resort. The pools were clean and well maintained, the food court was clean and had good service, the front desk CMs were prompt and helpful, and the rooms and grounds seemed well kept. It was also pretty quiet, but I wasn't near a pool or a main walkway, which probably had something to do with it.

I've never stayed at Pop so I can't compare, though.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #10
BigKid45
Mouseketeer

I think OP is right, there really aren't any overly negative/positive reviews so ASMu is often under the radar.
We stayed in Calypso building in a FS facing the parking lot in 2009. We thought it was great. I posted that it was a little bit disappointing in Disney feel as we had stayed at WL-CL the year before. The FS was great with separate master, 2 baths and a kitchenette, the pool was great (no slide, but our DDs don't care about slides), multiple activities pool side daily, food court was a bit crowded at peak times but not overly. I walked the whole resort a couple of times and I didn't think any room was "too far" from Melody Hall as others have posted. We stayed at POP the next year with 2 connecting preferred rooms and I liked POP a bit more....felt more "Disney".....and it was about the same price as for 2 preferred connecting rooms as ASMu FS. Hope that helps.

WDW-'72 & '73 Offsite, '05 & '06 Offsite, '08 WL-Club, '09 ASMu-FS, '10 Pop, '12 Windsor Hills, '13 POR
DL-Offsite every Oct 1974-1987 (Corp. Nites)
BigKid45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
alecshawn
WDW Fanatic

It without question is the BEST value resort in WDW...I like the fact folks "dont see alot of talk about it" But i actually think i started a thread about on here.
But Music, is a GEM. Its unlike any other Value resort. More landscaping, less crowded.....etc...It is perfect.
alecshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #12
stindall
Congress Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nictodisney View Post
I looked through that post some but half was a few years old - it Just wasn't organized like the other threads for hotels. Any current info, pics, or changes would be great. Thanks
I'm actually working on putting one together right now. I contacted the person who started the main thread that people are still posting in but I may start a new one if she doesn't respond. I think it might be the only resort without an "unofficial" thread!

eta: started one!

Sept 2008 Honeymoon @ Pop,Dec. 2009 surprise for dad (aka worst trip ever) @ Pop, Sept. 2013 First solo trip @ Pop, Sept. 2014 brother/sister trip @ pop! Read our PTR HERE

Last edited by stindall; 01-06-2013 at 09:44 PM.
stindall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey12
We have stayed at All Star Music twice in a family suite.

Our family loved the resort. The food court was never very busy and they have a wide variety of choices at every meal.

The kids loved hanging out at the pool in evenings because they have a ping pong table out by the pool and they show movies after dark right there by the pool.

Earlier in the afternoon they have a CM out by the pool playing trivia and bingo with everybody. But I think they do that at all the values.

If you get a preferred room there is a laundry room right by the main pool. We used it on our first trip there but not on our second trip. On the second trip I made sure everybody brought enough clothes to last the whole week.

If and when we go back with our kids (there's 1 tween and 2 teens) we will stay there again in a suite. It is the best option for us as a family of 5.

I wouldn't stay at POP because they have the same size food court as all the rest but they have twice as many rooms. SO I would think that could cause chaos in the food court at meal times. But since I have never stayed at Pop I can't say for sure.

There is a thread for All Star Music FAQ or something like that. It's a big long thread. If you search for it you should be able to pull it up.
bolding is mine....
ummm....NO the food courts are no where near the same size. I have stayed at both and POP's is MUCH bigger. Disney was smart enough to realize that POP has more rooms and allowed for that! They also have more choices (stations) at POP. It has an ice cream bar & bakery. I don't recall ASMu having anything close to that but it's been a few years since I have stayed there. and FYI, POP isn't twice as big as an AllStar it's one and a half times as large....just so you have your facts straight.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android
stitchlovestink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #14
Lucys2200
Mouseketeer

My sister and I recently stayed there. We were there from August 5-10. It was such a cute resort. It was clean, had very friendly staff and met all our neeeds. I'll post some pictures up.

This is the main pool which really wasn't that busy when we were there. They play games and music throughout the afternoon. If you win a game they will let you choose your prize from a box of prizes they have. My sister and I both got to pick one,lol.

Here are a few pictures of our room. I would say that the rooms are pretty spacious. The beds were nice but most importantly they didn't have bed bugs I checked both beds and both were clean.

We also got some towel animals which I was so excited about...and something that was supposed to be mickey's head but was so totally not,lol

Check in did take a little while

We stayed in building or section 5 I believe which was allllll the way in the back (country section). I did go around the resort and take pictures of the other buildings.

The also had little picnic tables in an area infront of the country section

Laundry room

I REALLY LOVED their store. I thought they had a great selection from clohtes, to shoes, luggage, pins, food, bags and head gear.

The food court was nice. It was busy i the morning but we always found a table.

Overall we LOVED the resort. It was our first time staying on site so All Star Music will always hold a special place in our hearts. If anyone has any questions or wants more pictures just let me know and I'll definitely post more up.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #15
xmansmom13
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the pictures. My family is heading there in Aug. so I'm excited to see the pitures.
xmansmom13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
all star music resort

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: