Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
shane1234
Earning My Ears

Another Galveston parking thread

Hello everyone! We’re heading out on the Disney Magic soon, and I was curious about parking. I’ve seen a lot about what’s the cheapest/best/etc., but I would prefer something close to the terminal that we can walk to without having to deal with a shuttle. The “official” parking seems reasonable, it looks like there is a bridge from the garage to the terminal building, or is that something else? I’m open to 3rd party parking lots, as long as they are close enough to walk to the terminal (with small kids).
shane1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

I don't think there is a lot that close. We arrived super early (9:30) for our Magic sailing last November and spent a lot of time walking around outside the terminal and watching people arrive. Official port parking still involves a shuttle. Or a bit of a walk. We're out of terminal 2 at the port. That being said, nothing is that far in Galveston and the shuttles from EZ cruise were, well, easy.
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #3
cruisecrasher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1234 View Post
Hello everyone! We’re heading out on the Disney Magic soon, and I was curious about parking. I’ve seen a lot about what’s the cheapest/best/etc., but I would prefer something close to the terminal that we can walk to without having to deal with a shuttle. The “official” parking seems reasonable, it looks like there is a bridge from the garage to the terminal building, or is that something else? I’m open to 3rd party parking lots, as long as they are close enough to walk to the terminal (with small kids).
This has a map of the area, you're talking about.
http://www.portofgalveston.com/DocumentView.aspx?DID=22
Upcoming Trips:

Upcoming Fantasy Cruise!

Upcoming Big Family Reunion Cruise
cruisecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #4
mbc2606
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane1234
We are using EZ Cruise! All Reviews were great. With 24 hour security.
mbc2606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
rkbk03
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Typically with the port parking they want you to drop off all passengers and luggage at the terminal and then just one person goes to park and takes the shuttle to the terminal. So, you don't have to do the shuttle with your kids and luggage (assuming you are travelling with another adult that you can drop them at the terminal). If for some reason you don't choose to do this, I think it is too far to walk. You will still need to do the shuttle. Hope that helps.
rkbk03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Centex
Earning My Ears

We used Galveston Park N Cruise for our cruise on the Magic this past Fall. I dropped everyone off at the terminal, parked, then walked around the block and across the street. $50 outside parking, $65 inside.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
bwallace
Keeps Pulling Me In

I'm pretty sure BOI Valet is the closest parking to the terminal. May even be closer than the official terminal parking. Look on Google maps. it is an unmarked pink warehouse, right by an overhead walkway and right across the street from the terminal here's what I posted in another thread.

Quote:
I used BOI Valet last week and it was great.

Dropped off the family and the bags and was at BOI in just a couple of minutes. Gave him my last name and keys and he gave me a claim ticket.

the walk to the terminal is maybe 300 yards. Cross the street in front of Terminal 1 go left 100 yards to Terminal 2. It was less than 10 minutes from dropping the family and bags at the terminal to rejoining them after parking.

On getting back, I called as soon as we cleared customs and the car was waiting for me when i got there. back at the terminal in a couple of minutes with the bags waiting at the curb.

May not be fun to walk in the rain, but the area to unload bags at the terminal is covered, unlike most of the shuttle lots. If you drop your bags first and then one person parks and walks, it is very easy.

Not that we will ever sail out of Galveston again unless Disney comes back, but I would definitely use BOI again.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #8
shane1234
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! The picture is very helpful. Has anyone tried Discount Cruise Parking at 8115 Harborside? It looks like they are a little further away, but if we're taking a shuttle anyways, it doesn't really matter. There rates are almost half of the other places.

www discountcruiseparking dot net
shane1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:05 PM   #9
Macmaro
Mouseketeer

We used EZ Cruise for the Thanksgiving trip. It was inexpensive. We waited longer than I wanted to for a shuttle when we returned. They were only running one van for some strange reason. I'm researching different options for our next out of Galveston but we would use them again if I can't find anything better.
Macmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #10
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Quote:
Thanks everyone! The picture is very helpful. Has anyone tried Discount Cruise Parking at 8115 Harborside? It looks like they are a little further away, but if we're taking a shuttle anyways, it doesn't really matter. There rates are almost half of the other places.

I have used them, and am using them again next month. They're closer to the Causeway so I can avoid all the traffic near the terminal, they have restrooms, an indoor place to wait if it's raining, and they're connected to a big convenience store with a little deli if you need anything (beer! ) last minute. Just as safe and secure as any of the other lots, and a whole lot less expensive. I'm happy with them.

-gina-

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: