Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

How to decide which park to go to on which day?

We are going to WDW in less than a month! I made dining reservations 6 mos ago! I made my reservations based on the fact that I would not be attending parks with EMH even though we are staying on resort, but we do not have park hoppers. I have looked at every crowd calendar (touring plans, undercover tourist and easy wdw .com and they all sate something different??

rsleleux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #2
hookedonears
Louisianan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsleleux View Post
We are going to WDW in less than a month! I made dining reservations 6 mos ago! I made my reservations based on the fact that I would not be attending parks with EMH even though we are staying on resort, but we do not have park hoppers. I have looked at every crowd calendar (touring plans, undercover tourist and easy wdw .com and they all sate something different??
Well if you don't have park hoppers and you have a res. for a restaurant that's in a particular park, your question is answered for you. If Res. is outside of parks, you can go by original plan.
hookedonears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Yep, have to agree with Hookedonears. If you don't have PHs and you already have ADRs that weren't based on park recommendations, it's too late to change now. Go with what you've planned and cross your fingers.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:46 PM   #4
TygerHawks
Mouseketeer

Regarding EMH, is it a good idea to avoid those parks if staying on property without a park hopper? I have read many different views on it.
TygerHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
siskaren
DIS Veteran

I know that Josh at easywdw.com almost never recommends the parks that have EMH, and I think his reasons for his recommendations make a lot of sense, so I would think you should be fine.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #6
pepe of ohio
DIS Veteran

Location: Hubbard, Ohio, northeast Ohio 7 miles from Pa. border

I've read so much of this skip parks with EMH's... If a park is going to open an hour earlier, we're there... We enjoy them, almost empty park till 11am, by then we've done all the headliners, even multiple times are are ready for our noon, resort pool picnic... Same for evening... Why not?

We never see an increase in attendance and we have done over 40 trips to WDW and dining in never a part of our park plans !

DIS Dads Club Member
pepe of ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TygerHawks View Post
Regarding EMH, is it a good idea to avoid those parks if staying on property without a park hopper? I have read many different views on it.
Josh at easywdw.com argues that a lot of people who stay on property think that Disney is telling them which park to go to on which day with the EMH schedule, so that by going against that, you're going to encounter smaller crowds. And I have to say, that makes a lot of sense to me.
siskaren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
cruella23
Earning My Ears

We are not early am people, so we skip the morning extra hours park. We sometimes do the evening emh park, but with the reduced hours, that may make it a little less worthwhile.
cruella23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
stasijane
Crazed one

Thats a hard decision for us. If there is Early EMH then we start there. If not we just Think about what we want to do first and start there.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #10
augusta1
Mouseketeer

We also have ADR's and decided to pass on the park hopper this time. Therefore our park days were decided on when we picked our ADR's. Where we eat is the park we do that day

Me DH DD DD
2010-ASM, 2011-CBR, 2012- POP, 2013- POP, 2014- Upcoming POP!
augusta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum
Yep, have to agree with Hookedonears. If you don't have PHs and you already have ADRs that weren't based on park recommendations, it's too late to change now. Go with what you've planned and cross your fingers.
We do have reservations but mostly at resorts. I know that we are definitely going to MK on the night of BOG and that won't change but I dont have reservations in HS and AK. I have reservations at Ohana for breakfast but it early enough to go to any park, but my plan is to go to MK or EP on that day. I literally have 2 options for parks on each day I have a reservation, my only restrictions are that we have to be at MK on the night of BOG and for lunch at via Napoli in EP. We have 7 days to be in parks and are only restricted 2 of those days. We will go to MK 2x, EP 2x, HS 1x and AK 1x. The last day is our breakfast reservations at ohana, and we will decide that day once we are there! That is why I'm questioning my plans?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren
I know that Josh at easywdw.com almost never recommends the parks that have EMH, and I think his reasons for his recommendations make a lot of sense, so I would think you should be fine.
I never go on EMH days, I always plan to go to the park the day after an EMH! I've always done it that way since that one trip where we were so tired from being at overly packed parks. My schedule actually looks mostly like Josh's calendar but the other ones are saying the exact opposite? We are going during our mardi gras week which used to be a perfect time of the year for us but it has definitely become a more popular time to go. The end of the week will be more packed due to presidents week!

Old 01-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Dan Murphy
We are family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
Josh at easywdw.com argues that a lot of people who stay on property think that Disney is telling them which park to go to on which day with the EMH schedule, so that by going against that, you're going to encounter smaller crowds. And I have to say, that makes a lot of sense to me.
That is true.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
rsleleux
DIS Veteran

I know it sounds like I have a plan and I do, I'm just questioning myself. I always do too much research and second guess myself! Do y'all feel like josh from easywdw is a good lead? My plan looks like his mostly, so I'm happy with that. It was undercover tourist that completely contradicted everything I thought?

Old 01-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
smellyia
Mouseketeer

We do a combo of morning EMH and rec parks (by easywdw calendar). We have PHs so that makes a difference. If we did not, we wouldn't go to EMH mornings.

If we do an EMH morning, we hit headliners and lunch then break. Same for RD on rec park days, but will stay at parks longer before break. Because our DD is still a toddler we don't do much evening EMH. We prefer morning touring with evenings spent at the resort pool, resort dinners or easier touring at Epcot WS- we stay at Epcot resorts for this reason. I reserve at least one or two evenings for MK at night and will do one EMH night there this next trip with the dessert party and less popular attraction touring. We also sleep in on any days we plan to do late evenings.

Overall we love EMH mornings, but can get tired of getting up so early so a mix works for us. I do think the parks get more crowded than nonEMH days and the trick is to get in and out prior to that peak early afternoon time to maximize touring.
Beach Club May/June 2013
AKL CL Feb 2014
Beach Club May 2014
Royal Pacific USO/Grand Floridian Oct 2014
Grand Floridian January 2015
smellyia is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: