Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
scarlett24
Dreamin' of Disney

Palo and Remy, brunch or dinner?

We will be going on our very first cruise in May. It is a 7 night Eastern on The Fantasy. Have heard such great things about Palo and Remy, we would love to do a meal in each. I was thinking of trying one for dinner and one for brunch or possibly both for dinner. I really am more of a dinner person, and love seafood, but I have heard such great things about the brunch. What would you do?
December 2007 Wilderness Lodge

December 2008 Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2010 Polynesian
May 2012 Polynesian
May 2013 Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy-our first cruise! Poly & Yacht and Beach Club
April 2014 Polynesian

scarlett24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

The Champagne lunch is much different than the dinner in Remy. I did both and loved both experiences. The lunch is a set 6 course meal with optional champagne pairings (you get one glass included) while dinner is on par with Victoria and Alberts.

Palo brunch features a buffet of seafood (crab legs, shrimp, etc) breakfast pastries, fruits, antipasti, desserts and hot entrees such a breakfast items like eggs benedicts and more lunch options like the awesome chicken Parmesan. Pal dinner is more of what I think of as a higher end Italian restaurant experience. You start with bread and an antipasti platter and then can choose plated appetizers, entrees, and desserts. (Try the souffle!)

I, personally, will do each experience when I can. I consider myself a foodie and don't mind missing the regular dining room rotations. If you aren't into the 3-4 hour high end French inspired dining experience, I would skip Remy dinner and do Remy lunch as it is a very light version of the dinner experience. Many people on this board vastly prefer Palo brunch to dinner but I'm more of a dinner fan.

Hope this helps a little and doesn't make it harder. You may just have to book another cruise to try more options!

Jill in CO
Old 01-06-2013, 12:27 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I'm in the group that much prefers both brunches to the dinners. The Remy brunch (or lunch) is hands down the best meal I have ever had in a restaurant. It's a fixed menu, and you get several small portions of fabulous foods. Because the portions aren't huge, you can truly enjoy each course. I find most foods taste best for the first few bites, anyways, while the taste is "fresh" in your mouth. But don't worry about the courses being small; I don't know anyone who has done the brunch who did not leave feeling perfectly satisfied. It's also nice to be pampered by your server the way you are at Remy.

I enjoyed Remy dinner, but nowhere near as much as the brunch. The food was good, but not excellent. Remy dinner, for me, was more about the experience than the food.

I also really like Palo brunch because of the wide variety of very tasty food that's available. You get to eat in the lovely atmosphere of Palo. (I've only done Palo brunch on the Magic).

Palo dinner, to me, was, again, a nice experience, but the food was only what I'd get at a somewhat-nice Italian restaurant.

But honestly? Do whichever works for you (or all of them! ) There's something to be said for all 4 experiences.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: