Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
earthiejen
Mouseketeer

Big River Grille

Had anyone tried Big River Grille and Brewing Company?

I am trying to make a list of restaurants we want to try this trip. This is a restaurant I don't think I have ever heard someone talk about. I hope there isn't a reason for that.
We want to try new places this time. If anyone wants to throw out some less talked about restaurants feel free. I guess that could differ from person to person.
May 25-29, 2013 Beach Club
August 31-September 4, 2012 All Star Music
September 18-22 2011 Pop Century
2nd trip September 19-24 2010 All Stars Music
Our first Disney trip(March 15-22 2009) was awesome!
earthiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Figee17
Mouseketeer

we have eaten there and it was good. nothing exciting but good basic sandwiches. we also enjoyed il mulino at the swan on that trip.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Figee17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #3
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

It is good, I wouldn't make a trip out of the way. If you are staying at Boardwalk it would be a great option.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
MinnieLovesMickey12
DIS Veteran

Location: Way down South near the banks of the mighty Mississippi River.

I was looking over WDW meus on allears and noticed the Big River Grill and decided we are going to try it on our next trip. But I am not familiar with the Boardwalk area at all.

I'm curious...do you park at the Boardwalk hotel parking lot then go through the hotel to get to all the restaurants along the boardwalk?
12/7-12/13/14 Wyndham Bonnet Creek-- Adults Only trip 10/31-11/10/15 Wyndham Bonnet Creek -- Family Trip
MinnieLovesMickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #5
cladams
Earning My Ears

My wife and I go here every trip. It's weird because I kinda groan when she tells me we are going there but after our meal I am pleased. In fact, I've never really had a bad meal or a bad experience there. I love the Boardwalk so it makes for a nice evening to stroll around after dinner.

MinneLovesMickey12, if you drive or take a bus to the Boardwalk you can go through the hotel and then downstairs to access all the restaurants, shops, etc. If you leave EPCOT through the International Gateway, the Boardwalk is a short walk. Or you can take the boat from either EPCOT or Hollywood Studios.

Chris
cladams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:59 AM   #6
fd1972uk
Mouseketeer

Looking forward to trying this too on our trip to the boardwalk.

FD
WDW Orlando: June 2013

fd1972uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
debbie1996
Earning My Ears

This was actually one of our favorite meals - we were just there for lunch on Saturday 1/5. We were staying at the Beach Club and spent the morning at Hollywood Studios. We took the boat over (actually getting off at the Swan & Dolphin and walking over the bridge) and saw open tables outside and decided to stop. The pork sandwiches were yummy - the beers were tasty (I was bitter that they only have the wheat seasonally-but got over it). I think my kids ordered burgers, but whateve they ordered they ate and enjoyed. We just sat and relaxed for an hour or so. Or kids wandered the boardwalk a bit when they finished while we just relaxed and watched the water. In the middle of the day the boardwalk is really quiet and was a really nice break from the insanity of HS.

We had tried the Beaches and Cream the day before and frankly enjoyed the Grill much more - we are never going to be the type to order the Kitchen Sink anyway and for actual food B & C is crowded and a long wait for lunch.

I would definitely go back. We headed back to HS later in the day. I think it makes a great lunch spot from either HS or Epcot, and lets you get out of the chaos.
debbie1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #8
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

It's not in a park (it is at the Boardwalk resort), there is no theming or characters, that may be why you do not hear much about it. The parks are usually where the action is, outside the parks it's themed restaurants, unusual cuisine or restaurants that offer a view of something. It isn't operated by Disney and ADRs can't be made there.

I like it OK, the beer is good (craft beer aficionados will only find it passable) and the food is regular pub-style chain restaurant food.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We found it to be incredibly loud and it didn't smell very good. The food wasn't great, and the service was pretty bad. I don't plan on eating there again.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #10
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

We like it and usually go once a trip when we stay at BWV. The nachos are great. DH likes the steak and shrimp. I usually get the chicken dish. I have even ordered the chicken sandwich which is only on the lunch menu. But after nachos I didn't want a big meal. No problem! Desserts are good too, cheesecake.........yum! FYI they don't have fries.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, and Newly Ordained.

Our Ratings of Big Rive Grille and Brewing: (7/16/2012)
. . . food price value: D
. . . food quality: C
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: D
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: They have a good selection home brew, naturally. They
also have a nice variety of "bar food" appetizers, and a good choice
of dinner entrees. Surprisingly the food is above average. We like
the Artichoke Dip, the Blackened Mahi Mahi Caesar Salad, and their
Meatloaf. (We think the ribs need a lot of help. Flame Tree BBQ has
far better ribs.) They do not take ressies, but you can call the eatery
direct and get "call ahead seating". Usually the service is quick and
friendly. The big negative is that they are far too overpriced for the
quantity of food they serve.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #12
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Oddly enough, Big River is actually a local restaurant to me here in my home town. It was started here. We eat at the one here all the time but have not eaten at the one in Disney. I have thought about stopping in there to compare them but there is always so much other to pick from it seems wasteful to eat at a place we can go to on any night we wish. Maybe we need to stop in for a beer from home on our trip next month
AngiTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 AM   #13
ready2vacation
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Oddly enough, Big River is actually a local restaurant to me here in my home town. It was started here. We eat at the one here all the time but have not eaten at the one in Disney. I have thought about stopping in there to compare them but there is always so much other to pick from it seems wasteful to eat at a place we can go to on any night we wish. Maybe we need to stop in for a beer from home on our trip next month
We've eaten at the Chattanooga, Nashville, and Disney locations and don't think any of them are very good, but of the three, Disney is my least favorite - no atmosphere, poor service, overpriced menu (well, I guess that is par LOL), and dirty seating area.
ready2vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #14
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

Ate there the evening of Jan 1, give it a "meh". Meatloaf, grilled chicken salad, quesadilla, ribeye and grilled fish sandwich with sodas were well ove $100. Food was wrong when it came out, as in wrong items delivered to table. Meatloaf tasted odd, extremely heavy on the Italian Sausage (?), did not taste like any meatloaf we'd ever had before. My salad was okay, not worth $15 though. Ribeye was stringy, but the teenager ate it. It was available with no wait for a reason
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14),Swan (11/14) upcoming BC 3/15

rcraw45425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #15
mhnewcomb
Mouseketeer

We have one here in Nashville...food is good, but there are other, better Disney options.

HOWEVER...

If you happen to be kicking around the Boardwalk in the fall, and find yourself in the mood for a good beer, you absolutely positively cannot go wrong with Big River Octoberfest brew. WOW.

mhnewcomb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: