Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #1
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Deep Cleaning Resort Room-allergies

Does anyone know what the deep cleaning request includes as far as how they clean the room? I have horrible dust mite and dust allergies and also mold and seasonal environmental allergies like pollen etc. Would they switch out the bedspread? What exactly do they do to "deep clean" the room? Is it worth making this request? At home we have all hardwood floors, our mattresses and pillows all have allergy covers and we have air purifiers.
Just wondering if it is worth nothing this on our reservation or not. We are staying at POR. THANK YOU experts!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
huhwhat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post
Does anyone know what the deep cleaning request includes as far as how they clean the room? I have horrible dust mite and dust allergies and also mold and seasonal environmental allergies like pollen etc. Would they switch out the bedspread? What exactly do they do to "deep clean" the room? Is it worth making this request? At home we have all hardwood floors, our mattresses and pillows all have allergy covers and we have air purifiers.
Just wondering if it is worth nothing this on our reservation or not. We are staying at POR. THANK YOU experts!
Inspect everything !!!! I recently spent a week at the Poly and had two rooms with black mold...I am highly allergic. I had to be moved 3 times...they credited me oine day and when I arrived hom, still sick from the mold and complained they sent me a form to fill out giving them permission to look at all my medical records...at no time did I ever threaten litigation, I do not feel I need to give them access to my medical records as the mold was noted by the hotle manager and I have photographic evidence of the mold...... I was expecting a little more from a delux resort.....good luck
PoP 2010,2011,2011
WDL 2008
huhwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhat View Post
Inspect everything !!!! I recently spent a week at the Poly and had two rooms with black mold...I am highly allergic. I had to be moved 3 times...they credited me oine day and when I arrived hom, still sick from the mold and complained they sent me a form to fill out giving them permission to look at all my medical records...at no time did I ever threaten litigation, I do not feel I need to give them access to my medical records as the mold was noted by the hotle manager and I have photographic evidence of the mold...... I was expecting a little more from a delux resort.....good luck
yikes.....did you request the VIP allergy cleaning prior to staying there?? I didn't realize there was such a cleaning but I'd much rather try to decrease my chances of having allergy issues while there. That is odd they want medical records-I would think most people would have issues with black mold.....
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
clanmcculloch
DIS Veteran

In my experience, they've shampood the carpets, changed the bedspreads and changed the air filters. The rest seems to vary. Sometimes they vaccum the drapes but I don't think they always do. Sometimes they do a very thorough dusting of every surface in the room while other times I'd swear they hadn't ever dusted some of the more akward surfaces and certainly didn't even clean the vent in front of the air filter. It seems I guess to depend on the mousekeepers who are doing the cleaning. Most have been well done but we've had a few not so good ones where we've had to walk back from our room to the front desk to say that it didn't even seem like a basic cleaning had been done let alone a deep cleaning.

We've fine with chemicals so I make a point of saying that the regular sheets and towels are fine and that they don't need to use the low allergen ones (those are washed with low allergen detergents and that just isn't necessary for us).

I don't ask for a VIP cleaning. I'm very clear that I need the carpets shampooed, air filter changed and the room thoroughly cleaned of dust and pollens due to allergies. Any time I've asked for the VIP cleaning it seems like they just use the low allergen cleaners and don't necessarily do the deep cleaning. Just my experience.

We also have hardwood floors at home and use the allergy matress and pillow covers and use heavy duty air filters for allergies.

Multi-Allergy & Autism Dining Reviews: February 2014 * DL & LA July 2013 * February 2013 * August 2012 * February 2012 * August 2011 * August 2010

February 2014 AKL: me, DH, DD15, DD13 * July 2013 DL offsite (Tropicana): me, DH, DD15, DD12, DSD30, DSSil * February 2013 WDW Poly: me, DH, DD14, DD12
August 2012 WDW FW Cabin & AoA Nemo: me, DH, DD14, DD12, DD12's BFF11 * February 2012 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD14, DD11 * August 2011 WDW YC: me, DH, DD13, DD11
February 2011 WDW Poly CL: me, DH, DD13, DD10, DSD28, DSSil * August 2010 WDW POFQ & Poly CL: me, DH, DD12, DD10 * June 2010 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD12, DD9
December 2009 WDW POFQ: me, DH, DD11, DD9 * February 2009 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD11, DD8 * August 2008 WDW SSR: me, DH, DSD25, DSD24, DD10, DD8
September 2007 WDW Pop: me, DH, DD9, DD7 * April 2002 DLR offsite: me, DH, DSD19, DSD17, DD4, DD1.5 * June 2000 DLR offsite: me(pregnant), DH, DSD17, DSD15, DD2
January 1994 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD11, DSD9 * January 1992 WDW offsite: me, DH, DSD9, DSD7
clanmcculloch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: