Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #1
barbanm
Mouseketeer

Sea World and Lego Land Gluten Free?

We are planning 2 weeks in FL this coming August and while 1 week will be at Disney we are planning on visiting non Disney parks this time as well.

We will be visiting Sea World and Lego Land.

My son is gluten free and a very picky eater... although we are working on it and he is getting better. While I have no worries for our time at Disney since we have been 2 other times with him being GF I am very concerned about the other parks. I have read some scary stories about GF food being taken away from people at the gate and the options inside the parks being dismal at best. Most of what I have read was not recent so i am wondering if anyone has an recent experiences going to either of these two parks? I LOVE the fact that Disney is so good about food allergies and doesn't blink an eye at us taking GF or any other food items into their parks. With that said we were given such grief here when we went to six flags 2 years ago about taking in GF food for my son that i will never go back. I am so hoping this will not be my experience at Sea World and Lego land!

Thanks for your replies!

Barbara
barbanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #2
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

I did a review of Legoland from a disABILITIES standpoint in this forum. When I talked to the Executive Chef he said that most GF items come frozen and all they used was fresh.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! Currently at Everything Pop Merchandise after nine years in Guest Services/Ticket Sales.

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #3
DCDisney
On my way...

Legoland didn't really do a thorough bag check. When they poked near my food I volunteered that it was allergy safe for me and they had no problem. I believe it was oreo's and fritos so nothing "special" and they were fine. There was very little info and no one who really seemed to know anything though they volunteered to try and radio someone. I ended up eating a burger with no bun. I'm not gluten free though. The only safe-ish options were the naked burger and potentially salad but I'm allergic to carrots so that was out for me. Def bring some food here! If it's just for the allergic person they seemed fine but I'm sure YMMV. Sea World is great, easily as good as WDW for quick service. They have an allergy trained staff member at each place and allergy safe foods some geared to kids. We went to Sea World, DIscovery Cove, and Aquatica and they were all great. Their food is expensive though. Tons of fresh options like fruit and they readily volunteer to make non-cross contaminated fresh items for you rather than taking them from the pre-made stuff. I still brought some food in because I wasn't sure and they had no problem and honestly hardly looked.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: