Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
princessmommyx3
Mouseketeer

I finally heard back from my TA this afternoon and YES, DCL is going to refund us $972 due to the price drop!!! She said that she has never seen DCL drop prices like this for no apparent reason which is why she hadn't been checking for me. I am so grateful to DCL for refunding our money with only 46 days left until our cruise. I was really expecting them to say no.
princessmommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #17
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
I finally heard back from my TA this afternoon and YES, DCL is going to refund us $972 due to the price drop!!! She said that she has never seen DCL drop prices like this for no apparent reason which is why she hadn't been checking for me. I am so grateful to DCL for refunding our money with only 46 days left until our cruise. I was really expecting them to say no.
I expected them to say no, too, but glad they didn't! Enjoy your extra travel funds!
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #18
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

Wow what a great savings !!!!

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #19
jcretacc
Earning My Ears

Thats a great amount of a refund. It never hurts to ask
Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM   #20
KTJ
Earning My Ears

How do we find out the cancellation penalty? This thread prompted me to check online and the cost of our cruise has dropped $2000.

KTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTJ View Post
How do we find out the cancellation penalty? This thread prompted me to check online and the cost of our cruise has dropped $2000.
Now that has to be with either an IGT, OGT or VGT rate for that much of a difference. You would have to cancel and rebook if it is after your PIF date.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/cruis...ce.htm#deposit

The chart below outlines the current cancellation policy for 2012 DCL cruises less than 10 days where embark or debark is U.S. port.

If you cancel within this period: The cancellation fee is:
Suites/concierge staterooms:

45 + Days prior to sail
Loss of Deposit per guest.

Non-suites/concierge staterooms :

74 - 45 Days prior to sail
Loss of Deposit per guest.
All Categories:

44 - 30 Days prior to sail
50% of vacation price per guest
All Categories:

29 - 15 Days prior to sail
75% of vacation price per guest
All Categories:

14 Days or less before sailing
No refund

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #22
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTJ View Post
I think it depends on the type of booking you did and why the discount happened. If it is a military rate or something like that and you are past the PIF date, you cannot get the new discounted rate without cancelling and making a new booking which would result in paying penalties. Sometimes even with paying penalties, you can save money.

I know that if your cruise is discounted because of Kids Sail Free or just simply because it wasn't filling and Disney lowered the cost, you can get a refund no matter how close you are to your sail date. If your cruise price has dropped, I'd be calling to find out if you can get some money back. The bottom line is, it doesn't hurt to ask. Many people didn't think you could get money back after your PIF date, but the OP is proof that you can. Thank you for reporting back, OP!

Susan

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
love280mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneypoor
I think it depends on the type of booking you did and why the discount happened. If it is a military rate or something like that and you are past the PIF date, you cannot get the new discounted rate without cancelling and making a new booking which would result in paying penalties. Sometimes even with paying penalties, you can save money.

I know that if your cruise is discounted because of Kids Sail Free or just simply because it wasn't filling and Disney lowered the cost, you can get a refund no matter how close you are to your sail date. If your cruise price has dropped, I'd be calling to find out if you can get some money back. The bottom line is, it doesn't hurt to ask. Many people didn't think you could get money back after your PIF date, but the OP is proof that you can. Thank you for reporting back, OP!

Susan
I have always booked on DVC points which are due at the time of booking. So, when is a cash paid in full due date?

Also, has anyone ever had a reduction in points due to some price drop and get points refunded? Nowthat would be cool!
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #24
disneypoor
DH thinks I have a "thing" for Mickey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by love280mickey View Post
I have always booked on DVC points which are due at the time of booking. So, when is a cash paid in full due date?

Also, has anyone ever had a reduction in points due to some price drop and get points refunded? Nowthat would be cool!
Hi! I've never booked a cruise with points, so I can't answer your last question. I would hope that if they're willing to refund money they would also give points back if possible. However, I wonder if the number of points required ever changes throughout the year since the charts are approved and sent out for a year at a time? It will be interesting to see what others say about this.

If you pay cash, the PIF date is 75 days before you set sail. Once you are within 74 days of sailing, penalties start for cancellations. Hope this answered at least part of your question. Sorry I can't help out on the points.

Susan

09/93 Honeymoon at WDW, 03/01 First time to WDW with kids,
06/02 WDW, 11/03 First trip to Disneyland, 05/05 BIG family trip
to WDW POR, 06/06 First cruise on the Wonder/WDW ASM,
11/06 Disneyland, 03/07 7 Night Eastern, 09/07 3 Nights on the
Wonder, 03/08 Cruise to the Hawaiian Islands, 11/08 DD on the Magic,
11/09 3 Nights on the Wonder and WDW, 07/10 Family Vacation to WDW,
02/11 3 Nights on the Dream, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise on the Wonder, 03/12 One Week in Maui,
07/26/12 Bay Lake Tower 1st DVC Stay

Upcoming Trips: 03/16/13 5 Night DCL Western, 07/13 Villas at Grand California
Trip Reports: 06/06 Wonder, 03/07 Eastern, 06/11 Alaskan Cruise
disneypoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #25
debsters41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmommyx3 View Post
very exciting for you. Thanks for sharing, it is so nice to hear about good news for a change!

debsters41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: