Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #1
baileyjack123
Earning My Ears

FE Gift Ideas for Adults

I found a lot of ideas for children's gifts. But we have a couple of cabins that are participating that are just adults. Anyone have great FE gift ideas for adults?
Something that can be bought...I'm not crafty.
baileyjack123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #2
iloverags2
DIS Veteran

Some of the things I have done included luggage tags, pens, guitar picks, ornaments (on a cruise about a month and a half before Christmas), post-it notes, postcards, and chocolate (or other local food item).

From our May 2012 cruise, here are the adult gifts. The candy is local to Florida, the postcard was made via Vista Print (I took the picture on a May 2008 cruise), and the post it notes were also ordered from Vista Print (they have our cruise info on them). No need to make a holder for them (and this one turned out to be a bit more work than I expected).

From our Nov 2010 cruise - the luggage tags were ordered from Thirty-One gifts, but I made the charms to add to them (each charm had a different saying, such as Magic, Mickey, Castaway Cay, etc.). Everyone, kids included, received a pen which I ordered from Discount Mugs. They often have incredible deals (the pens were 100 pens for $27, plus I had free shipping...can't beat that!).

And the adult gifts from our Oct 2012 sailing (there were far more adults than children on this cruise!). The post-its were once again ordered from Vista Print, and no holder is necessary (these holders were much, much easier to create than the ones I made back in May...I am not crafty by any means, and these were so simple to make! Materials? Scrapbook paper, magnet photo frame, and ribbon...no glue necessary!). The chocolates were ordered from World's Finest in Chicago since that is my hometown, and also since my cruising buddy for this cruise still lives there. The guitar picks (which had a small magnet included in case anyone wanted to turn them into a magnet) are from Landshark Lager which is brewed here in Jacksonville, FL (my current home). And I once again did postcards from Vista Print for all.

HTH!

iloverags2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #3
ctalley
Mouseketeer

My DDs loved participating in the FE exchange on our last cruise. We made pot holders out of Disney fabric and attached recipes cards for the soufflé, konk cooler and something else I cannot remember. It took some time to make all the pot holders. I am looking for simpler ideas for our next cruise. Thanks for sharing your gifts ideas and where you purchased them.
ctalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
mstee777
Mouseketeer

Great ideas! I'm on the Magic Feb first and just finished my FE gifts. But I plan to rebook onboard for Christmas. So some of these might come in handy.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #5
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Iloverags2 has such great ideas, mine pales by comparison:

Little bottles of alcohol!
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
jmarsh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetexas
Iloverags2 has such great ideas, mine pales by comparison: